Your favorite "casual" games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Accalia, May 1, 2015.

1. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

So what's your favorite "casual" games?
    Mine are:
    The sims [I'm completely serious]
    Bejeweled 3

2. Mish smiley day!

KIngdom Hearts

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Define casual game.

4. Roxas-Ventus Destiny Islands Resident

Guess I'm the only one who can explain.
    So casual games are games that anyone can play, even if they have no experience.
    An example of a casual game by my standards is Smackdown here comes the pain.
    Now that game is beyond casual, it's simple.
    It follows a casual formula
    Grapple-move-pin
    That formula is so simple even a tiger can do it.
    Now there are more complex things that some people can't do like reverse strikes and grapples.
    That's a little on the hardcore no core gamer side. Really really complex.
    for some reason Wikipedia thinks that games with one button are casual games.
    THATS A LIE ITS SO FREAKING FAKE IM GONNA SHOOT WIKIPEDIA IN THE RETINA.
    What makes casual games casual is the demographic it's trying to sell to.
    The wwe games are casual because wrestling fans are casual.
    The sims games are casual because sims fans are casual.
    Kingdom hearts is not a casual game because people can't just pick it up and play.
    It has complexes and wu tang paradoxes that affects your brain cells.
    It's story will turn people off, it's graphics will turn people of, maybe the music will turn people on.
    It's hardcore not casual.
    Wwe games are casual because of that wrestlers way formula.
    You start the match by GRAPPLE ING Then you use a MOVE that's in the GRAPPLE boundary.
    Then after the neat animation plays. PIN!!!!
    If they kick out, DO IT AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN.
    if they still don't kick out, use a FINISHER.
    Simple controls also makes games casual.
    Wikipedia thinks diner dash is casual.
    Hell no diner dash sucks which makes it a feces game.
    Pokemon is a casual game. Here is why!?
    First of all it's really simple.
    Second of all it has basic controls.
    And it has simple graphics that don't push the boundaries of the console nor handheld.

I hope that explains the term casual game.
    Since I helped you you can spread this knowledge across all the word including the judge the alien the robot the chief and the prison.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

My Casual Games:
    Kingdom hearts
    Pokemon
    Megaman Battle Network
    Yugioh

Normal Casual Games:
    Tetris
    Asteroid
    Tron Light Cycle
    Snake
    Brick Break

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I just bought the Sims 2 and a few expansion packs and haven't looked back. It's oddly relaxing to play God to a bunch of nonsense speaking simulations.
    Solitaire, because it's cool to be old school every once in a while.
    I also love Mahjong, Zoo Tycoon, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (and only #2), and Never Alone for the PS4.

7. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

My Casual Games:
    The Sims 3 & 4
    Animal Crossing
    Tomodachi Life
    Garry's Mod
    Don't Starve

(I also consider my casual games as games I don't play as regularly)

8. Hayabusa Venomous

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Battlefield 4
    Halo 3

9. Antidote Façade

This thread provides so much opportunity to be a jerkoff but let me not.

Pokémon
    Tales of series

10. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

YEEEEEEEEEEE I don't know if this is the direction you were going with this, but the whole "casual game" thing is a gigantic load of crap. I don't mean this is a super offensive-normal Luxord sort of way-, but truthfully any game can be casual. Which, if that was the purpose then this thread is fine, however comments like:

Well...all of that ^, lead me to believe otherwise. Now if the thread was called "Games you play casually", it would cause much less problems. To clarify, I don't really care, nor do I take offense to this.

So for games I play casually:

Hearthstone (I can play it with a competitive attitude, just choose not to)
    Minecraft
    League of Legends ARAM (I have an ARAM only account, for those who know what that is)
    Sometimes Diablo III

Other than that, I have been a busy college student. BUT THE SUMMER THO, ITS GAME TIEM.

11. Fellangel Bichael May

I'm assuming I know what you mean by "Casual" games

-Recettear
    -Hearthstone
    -Any CoD game (not bothering to list them all)
    -League of Legends (Rip in pepperonis URF mode. Come back next year </3)
    -Bloodborne (lel don't take that answer seriously)
    -Pokemon
    -Many mobile games I haz on my phone

12. Misty gimme kiss

I'm also unsure about how exactly we're defining 'casual' here, as it's a quite heated term within the gaming community and a division that I absolutely don't wish to uphold. I'll take it, therefore, as most seem to within this thread, as games we play casually, in which case the only that comes to mind is Flow. The mobile game, where you make the pipes between the colored dots? Yeah. I suppose it isn't quite fair to say I play it casually as I'm overcoming an addiction to it, but it's my go-to when I'm just laying about and need to kill some time.

This may be a strange answer but I also consider Shadow of Mordor a casual game for me. I don't play it often, but if I have an hour or so to kill, I'll load it up and take out a few Orcs.

13. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Pokemon is as casual as you want it to be, you can play it just to beat the league or you can get SERIOUS PERFECT IVs and training + dick moves.
    I will stick to demographics, and mostly cellphone games, as they are more ubitous to every player:
    1)CARD WARS!!! :adventure time, I've got it free on amazon a few time ago, but only got it working last week is a game that goes by every "law" of mobile phone with hearts and whatnots , still if you are "that good" it is possible to play non-stop as every boss gives you a full heart (that not only refills your heart metter, but actually amplifies it.. sure harder levels need more hearts, but you should replay the firsts for cards). Short story I've been playing 2 days with pauses for sleep and finaly hit a wall against the flame princess :(! I'll have to get better cards and level before trying (she is like 20 and I am 11).
    2)Plants vs. Zumbies (both of them, but I am playing the second "It is about time): It is a freemium but everything can be accomplished without money, maybe you can't get some plants , but the core is still playable, there is no heart system so you can play as much as you want, I always come back when there are new worlds to visit.

3) Spider man Unlimited: It took a while to addict me, the game seems a little unfair and unresponsive (and there are some serious slowdowns..) but when I figured out that your objective is not always to finsh the quest , but actualy collect/do stuff and get more spider men I finally enjoyed it (you don't need to kill 400 evil dudes in one go).