Running Edge

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by heartless_angel, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

I watched a lot of Mirror's Edge and now I'm motivated to make an RP similar to it! 8D

You can join even though you don't have an idea about the game 83

Plot-

The year 2040 (not EVERYTHING will be related to the game) and there lies the shining pride of the city...or so they say. The government has now full authority over everything. Every conversation, text, and messages can and will be monitered at all times. Unless you are a Runner. Runners are the only type of transport to get messages from one place to another. The government gave full access to hunt and kill the Runners. The band of Runners have joined up to rise up against the government threat and see their true motives.

Who's Side are you on?-

Runners- As explained, the messangers of the time being. They have extreme athletic skills and close range fighting. They also have an obsession for red (don't worry if you don't understand it). Always being hunted down and tracked down. Usually have strange markings on parts of their bodies.

Blues- Known as cops, these guys are the local lookouts forthe Runners and other crimes. Nothing too fancy about them except they shoot first, ask questions later. (Dont play as them. They're considered the "cannon fodder" in this RP 8D)

EBO- Elite Black Ops. A special police force working for the government. Specialy trained to hunt down Runners with great precision. Unfortunatly, not a lot enter the EBO. Takes a lot of endurance, training, and dedication to get in.

How this RP Works-

According to the game, you save your sister and stuff right? No. Here, it's mostly sabatoging government projects, nabbing intellegence, and beating stuff up. Most Runners do this type of stuff. The EBO and the Blues search down the Runners and stuff. Simple? Good now read the rules :3

Rules-
    1. No godmodding. I pull the switch on this
    2. Keep all around PG-13 (romance, violence, ect)
    3. No more than 3 chars plz
    4. Try to stick around. I'll kill off or send them away if you don't consult me
    5. Don't kill other OCs w/o my and their permission.
    6. I will add more rules if needed to be
    7. If you read all of this, put "Still Alive" in your first post
    8. Enjoy =D

OC Form-

Username:
    Name:
    Age (at least 18):
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up):
    Faction:
    Weapons (EBO only):
    Bio:
    Other:

Accepted OCs-

Username: heartless_angel
    Name: Mya
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up):*[​IMG]
    Faction: Runner
    Weapons (EBO only): N/A
    Bio: As a child, she believed the world was good. The government would protectthem and put faith in them. She was very wrong. At l the age of 13, her parents and sister were accused of a murder crime. Their sentence was hanged in the town square. They hid Mya in a stowaway truck. She arrived at a shelter and stayed until 15. She heard about the Runners and wanted to join. 3 years later after a long time of training, she is now a full fledged Runner, the death of her family burning in her mind and driving her motivation far beyond.
    Other: Black markings located on her left arm and her waist.

Username: heartless_angel
    Name: Sander "The Sharpshooter"
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up):*[​IMG] (horrible cop image DX)
    Faction: EBO
    Weapons (EBO only): SMG and Sniper
    Bio: Family was a long line of crime investigators and tracking down drug lords. As a young adult, he learned law enforcement and entered the Blue acadamy at a young age. He then graduated at 25 and promoted to the EBO. Extrememly experienced and precise. Caught 20 Runners in his lifetime. Claimed he "never misses a shot."*
    Other: N/A

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

3. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

O yea. I forgot, but can you make the age a bit higher? At least 18 sorry ^^"

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Username: Midnight Star
    Name: Hanna Moon
    Age (at least 18): 18
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up):
    [​IMG]
    Weapons (EBO only): ---
    Bio: Has always dreamt of being a runner but never thought she would be good enough. She trained extremely hard and now she can run with the best.
    Other: Black marking on the small of her back

I'm still alive and trust me you aren't gonna be the one to change that.

5. Lite The Future

Username: HeartlessOfLight
    Name: Alexander "Kill Shot" Ramirez
    Age (at least 18): 24
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up): http://m464.photobucket.com/image/Anime Soldier/hi-my-name-is-RANDOM2/4daime941.jpg.html?src=www
    Weapons (EBO only): FAL Assault Rifle and M1911 Pistol
    Bio: An Ex-Marine who had been through and Honorable Discharge for "Classified reasoning". After 2 years of downtime, Alexander decided to enlist in the Elite Black Ops division of the Police Force. His prior military experience made it much easier to get enlisted into the force.
    Other: Hates Lone-Wolf Tactics. He refuses to work alone in a mission, as he thinks it's "A Failure Waiting to Happen".

EDIT: I think I know what I forgot.

Still Alive

6. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Accepted Midnight :3

Please read the rules again Heartless 83

7. Roxas81334 Merlin's Housekeeper

Username: Roxas81334
    Name: Kira
    Age (at least 18): 25
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up): http://www.graphicsdb.com/data/media/433/Sword_anime_girl.jpg
    Weapons (EBO only): two pistols
    Bio: Her mother was a cop and her father was a cadet in the army. Both are dead, her mom died in a car accident when she was only fifteen, and her dad died in the same type of accident three years ago she loved and absolutely adored her brother until she found out, earlier this year, that he is a runner. Now she believes that her brother is dead too.
    Other:

Username: Roxas81334
    Name: Kevin
    Age (at least 18): 18
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up): http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Hmvqx2TQ0...00/Anime-Boys-anime-guys-3786110-821-1171.jpg (His hair is blonde with black, brown, and dark purple streaks, his eyes are deep/navy blue and are more pirecing and cat-like)
    Weapons (EBO only):
    Bio: He was only eight when he lost his mom and was fifteen when his dad died, his older sister told him that next time that they meet she would kill him, at that time, he did know how he would last but now he does. The first time the two met after that fateful day, he was shot in the ankle by his own sister, and fell off the roof of a two story building, how he was STILL ALIVE, he didn’t know. His ankle is healed now, but he still has a slight, noticable limp when he walks. He is friendly, but at first glance and first meeting he seems cold, but that is only because he is so quiet.
    Other: He usually has his hair down to hide the black markings on his neck, which also is on his right collar bone and shoulder bone. On rare occasions, he will have his hair pulled back into a short ponytail. His hair goes a little past his shoulders when down.

8. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Username:Twilight_Nobody13
    Name: Demitri "Black Chaos" Fox
    Age (at least 18): 27
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up): http://images.wikia.com/bleachfanfiction/images/4/4a/Anime-guys-anime-guys-5756788-394-561.jpg The dark haired one.
    Weapons (EBO only): FN-FAL Assult Rifle, PYTHON pistol
    Bio: Demitri had revolted against the police most of his childhood, until his military leader father died of assassingation. He took up the training he'd had as a boy from the police acadamy and put it to good use. Three years into his contract with the EBO he was delt a bad hand; doctors told him he wouldn't live to see thirty and yet he still goes strong. He doesn't care to know what his disease is called, only that it's killing him slowly. Hiding his illness from all, he continues his work with as much dedication as the next soldier.
    Other: Demitri's personality is quite fleeting and he falls back on crude mannerisms rather than act civil. Prefers close combat.

Username: Twilight_Nobody13
    Name: Ryku "White Chaos" Fox
    Age (at least 18): 29
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up): http://images.wikia.com/bleachfanfiction/images/4/4a/Anime-guys-anime-guys-5756788-394-561.jpg The white haired one.
    Weapons (EBO only): Sniper rifle and an long-ranged revolver
    Bio: Ryku, Demitri's brother, hid himself away as his brother rebelled against their family. Their relationship is strained and yet they work better together than alone. Ryku's white hair has always set him apart of their family's dark haired history. Ryku's knowledge of his brother's illness is limited; being the more friendly brother, he greets most with a smile that sets off the wrong impression of his abilities in combat.
    Other: Has preferred long ranged weaponry to closer combat.

Username: Twilight_Nobody13
    Name: Lynne Cascade
    Age (at least 18): 19
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up): http://www.wallpapers008.info/images/wmwallpapers/anime-girl-1.jpeg
    Weapons (EBO only): N/A
    Bio: Lynne was put up for adoption when she was five and ran away from the orphanage at 13. She was taken in by the Runner's, wishing to do more good to her home than being a burden and now does as she's told, no questions asked.
    Other: Her infatuation with the EBO officer Ryku is barely a secret of hers that is frowned upon by the other Runners. Though she keeps her distance from him as told. She has black markings along her collar bone and the sides of her neck, with a lone mark on her hip.

Still Alive

9. Glen Returned from the dead

Username: Dr_Wigglz
    Name: Tristan
    Age (at least 18): 23
    Appearance (Don't put Faith up): Short black hair. Semi-musculaar build. Brown eyes. Has a red mark in the shape of a wolf on his right leg. Don't have a pic of him sorry :(
    Faction: Runners.
    Weapons (EBO only):
    Bio:Tristan doesn't run for the money involved, he runs for the fun of it. He has always enjoyed rebelling against the government, and has no hesitation in breaking the laws or even lieing to them. A talented runner, he uses many acrobatic skills in both fighting and running.
    Other: Still alive!

10. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Okays! I haz a start :3

BIC: At every strech of the city, there was buildings everywhere. Onthe ground, the only sound heard everyday are the sirens of the Blues. Every smuggler snuffed out, every black market deal broken in...unless they knew how to contact a Runner that is... (Sorry. More like an introductory statement ^^")

Breathing heavily, Mya sprinted along the rooftops with faint gunfire behind her. She knew she busted it. She just had to trip that one wire. Above, a helicopter flew alongside of her and rained bullets at her. Mya slid under and over some pioes to dodge around the gunfire. She then made a final leap to a building below her that wouldve broken her legs has it if there weren't a tarp-covered box below. She hunched over to catch her breath as she saw the helicopter fly away. All of this for nothing. Guess I better report back. She started her way back to the Runner District.

11. Roxas81334 Merlin's Housekeeper

Kevin had his blonde hair that had black, purple, and light brown streaks tied up in to a tiny pony tail, he leap from one roof of a buliding and into a window of an abandoned one, bullets zoomed past him, but he swiftly dodged them all, one skimmed past his shoulder, cutting the fabric of his blood red jacket. He sighed and thought, Not agian! I just fixed this! He kicked down the main door and began running down the street blues following close behind him. He quickly climbed a near by pipe, and was once agian going roof to roof.

12. Glen Returned from the dead

Tristan was snooping around,as usual. Whenever he wasn't running, he was trying to collect information. It didn't really matter what the information WAS, most of the time there would be someone who would pay good money for it. He wandered around the streets being careful to avoid the Blues,while at the same time listening to peoples' conversations for any snippet of information.

13. Roxas81334 Merlin's Housekeeper

Kevin pretty much came to a dead end, and the blues were catching up to him, he sighed looking a round for a means of escape, then he saw it, a vent system, he removed the vent and began to climb throught it.He got out of it on the ground floor of the buliding, he then made a run for it heading towards the Runners District, he took his hair down, hidding his symbols, but kept running knowing that the blues probably discovered that he was out on the streets now.

14. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Mya looked around and saw Kevin on one of the rooftops. She continued to walk until she jumped down to a town square which was deserted and waited for the others.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

Tristan looked at his watch. It was time. "Damnit, i'll have to find out more later!" he said quietly to himself as he ran towards the town square that he was supposed to meet at.

16. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lynne broke free of the building and bolted across the roof top. Her own breathing was silenced as she noticed the helicopter settle in her path and a familiar white haired man aiming that sniper rifle at her. He lifted his head from it for a moment and smiled, those blue eyes sliced into Lynne and she nearly faultered to a stop. Sliding on her heel, she ran along the roof and jumped. Leaping toward a lower building. She knew she'd disappointed the white haired man, but that was alright. She'd seen his face. It was all that mattered for the moment. Hurrying toward the square where she'd meet up with everyone, Lynne knew she'd be late.

Ryku laughed as the Runner he'd been seeing a lot of lately bolted around and leapt off the building. He'd never catch her this way. "She's good." He touched his earpiece and spoke clearly into it, "Target is lost. I repeat. Target is lost. Regroup." The voice that responded was less than friendly, "You let her escape again!? Dammit Ryku! I'll have your license to hold a gun for this!" Ignoring the pissed off man on the other end, he smirked at the memory of her face, the surprise, "We'll get her soon enough, Demitri, don't get anxious." He heard a distinct click and the rest was lost on static. "Demitri? Oh, brother..."

Demitri Fox, often called "Black Chaos", stomped his boots on the ground waiting for pick-up. He would chew his brother out for letting her go again. He knew very well what Ryku was up to and that Runner...he'd caught her several times hiding out near a building outside Ryku's apartment. If shooting at her didn't keep her away from his brother, he was positive snapping her neck would. He coughed, covering his mouth with his sleeve. "Damn...I won't lose to this either." He'd hung up on his own brother but he knew Ryku always knew where he was. Waiting was the painful part. As a man of action, Demitri refused to wait for anything.

17. Roxas81334 Merlin's Housekeeper

Kevin finally lost the blues and began to walk. He looked around, "Where am I?" He looked at his watch, "Shoot...I'm supposed to meet the others..." He turned around and looked at his surroundings, gasping and cursing under his breath when he saw the familiar red head slowly making her way towards him. He then ran into an alley, heading deeper and deeper through the maze. Finally, when he got out of the alleys, he looked around and saw that he was in the town square. He sighed out, "Well that was lucky." He then sat down leaning against the wall of a near by buliding, finally being able to catch his breath agian.

Kira was walking around the area where the blues reported her brother was. She had her pistols in her hands and fully loaded. She looked all around her on the crowded street, and then saw the familiar multlicolored hair standing in the middle of a crowd, she moved closer to him. He soon took off running into a near by alley, knowing that he had spotted her also. She chased after him, going throught the maze of alleyways, only to find out she was back where she had started and he was no where in site. "Dang it..." she muttered under her breath, putting her guns away. She walked around and looked around to make sure he still wasn't in the area.

18. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Mya spotted Kevin out from the alley and smiled to herself. Well at least one is safe so far. She walked up to him. Hey Kevin. So how did it go?

19. Roxas81334 Merlin's Housekeeper

Kevin looked up at Mya, and stood up, "I had about three bullets come close shoot the back of my head, a bullet once agian cut my jacket, and my sister is out to kill me still...So, It couldn't have been better..." He smiled, "Where are the others?"

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

"What are the odd of this happening" Ren said running from a patrol of blues. He was out on one of his runs around town and somehow he ran into a patrol of them. Crap, i'm getting close to where were suppose to meet and it woudln't be a good idea to bring these guys with me. He thought as one of the bullets grazed his shoulder. "Wait I got it" He said coming to an edge. He jumped off of it and landed in that garbage dumpster luckily close to where Mya and Kevin were. Seeing him jump the blues assumed that he didn't survive and left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.