Ghost Encounters

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Pinekaboo, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Pinekaboo Chaser

With the assumption that at least some of you believe in spirits and such, I ask; do any of you have any personal experiences with ghosts, or other spectral entities? Whether they're your own experiences or those of somebody you know, they're equally acceptable.

I'll start with something of my own:
    In the basement of my workplace there's a bricked-up doorway that leads even further down, into the underground cave network that my city happens to be built on. Now, the brickwork has a hole through it, just large enough to look through, but not enough to see very far, so we at least know that it does lead into those caves. Now, that might not be entirely relevant, since we have no idea where or when the ghost may be from, but it at least sets the scene a little.

Various things have happened throughout the year that the store has been open. Just minor things really, nothing worth mentioning. Except for recently. Thing is; these 'not-worth-mentioning things' always happened downstairs, in the basement, or occasionally on the ground floor. But there's also a first floor, where a lot of things are stored, and where most of the staff-only areas are.

The manager, who isn't the type to be easily scared, went to check the entire store with a co-worker near closing time, just the other day. Things went perfectly fine, as normal, and she told the co-worker that she'd carry on alone while the co-worker finished what they had to do on the ground floor.

Going upstairs, checking every room, no problems at all. Got to the electrical room, checked it, it was fine, and turned out the lights before turning to leave. And that's when she heard a sound; like four almost snarl-like breaths, and then silence again. As one would, she thought nothing of it at first, just had another quick check to see if she'd knocked anything; she hadn't. Turned to leave again, and it happened again; that same sound. She checked everything nearby to her to see what sound it made when knocked, and nothing made a sound anything like it. She quickly decided that she was getting out of there and giving up on doing the check alone, waiting for the co-worker to finish before they continued.

While that may not sound like much on its own, that same sound was heard just the very next day, in a completely different room (still on the first floor), and still with no possible source, by somebody else. Add to that the chiming of china mugs that he heard while completely alone in the building, and there's definitely something going on.

2. TheAstarion Moogle Assistant

Well, mine's a little more tame, and not my own story (it's my mother's), but here goes...

It's about a family member she didn't know too well but one night she had a dream about her. She was standing at the edge of the bed poking her incessantly in the arm, saying, "Hey!" and "Listen!" (paraphrased) and wouldn't let her sleep, in the dream.
    eventually she's like, "Okay, what?"
    this woman says, "Tell our Julie and Nigel to stop fighting, and not to worry about money."
    "Yeah, alright" *rolls over back to sleep*
    "Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey."
    "WHAT!"
    "Promise me."
    *guh*
    "PROMISE ME!"
    "Okay! Just leave me alone!"
    then she woke up, there was a bruise on her arm, and it turned out she'd died that night.

The kicker? She'd left them both a load of shares in the will that nobody knew about until after she died.

There are other ones too, like a strong smell of a deceased grandfather's cologne, not available in this country anymore, along with a warm feeling. Or the room in another family member's house in which many people not related by blood to the family suddenly develops oppressive feelings and breathing difficulties; the homeowner's dog once broke the door down to get out of that room and won't go in without one hell of a fight. This has happened to various people separately, and we aren't allowed to tell my uncle, the homeowner's son-in-law, because he hates going there for that exact reason, and my aunt doesn't like the idea of him being right about something supernatural.

Then there's always phantom cats. Those are pretty common though. Seeing a cat who died a couple of years ago, especially one with distinctive markings and mannerisms. It's not unpleasant, though; cats are grrrrreat.

3. Patman Bof

I have a rational mind and will always search for a rational explanation first, but I witnessed something weird once :

Shortly after my great grandmother died (my granny' s mother) I had to spend one night alone in her house. I rolled a cigarette while watching TV, went outside to smoke it and then returned inside to watch some more TV. Both entrance doors were closed, all of the windows were closed, I really was alone in that house, but I saw a door slamming shut right before my eyes. And I do mean slamming. I felt no wind nor anything special, I can' t think of any rational explanation for this, if you have an idea please be my guest. Needless to say I was totally freaked out, I didn' t sleep well that night. I know the mind can play tricks sometimes but I sure didn' t imagine that slamming door. Not too sure it was the work of a "ghost" though ...

My sister works in a hospital. She didn' t witness anything weird, but her co-workers told her strange stories. She also told me that when somebody dies in the hospital they always open the windows where it happened for a while. There' s no rule or medical reason compelling them to do this, it' s more of a tradition that everyone follows.

4. Kayate King's Apprentice

The "window opening" thing sounds like a tradition to 'allow the spirit to leave its confines'.

I have personally never had any supernatural encountering that I can remember, but I do believe in the likes of them.
    Ghosts, spirits, whatever, I believe they exist to an extent.

5. smeen Destiny Islands Resident

I once heard a story of one of my teachers... She was watched by a man and a woman from her bedroom. They didn't do anything, and didn't look very strange, they just watched her. It went on like that for some months when they suddenly disappeared and never came back. She never knew what happened.

I believe her, and the other stories I've heard. I don't see why I shouldn't.

6. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Eh, I haven't really had any hugely strange encounters, but I have heard some things that kept me sleepless for weeks.

One night, I was home alone and my parents were at their friend's house. Now, these were the times that I used to be scared of things that surprised me, and I was practically terrified. I had turned on every light in the house, and I was practically in the corner of the couch watching a loud-as-ever TV. I looked out into the hallway, heard a noise on the wooded floor, and heard my name called. With wide-eyes, I sprinted as much as I could out the door and to my parent's house. This kept me paranoid for days.

Another time, a few years back, I was in my parents room sleeping, because it was sometime in the middle of a tornado warning, and it was raining hard, with a mix of thunder and lightning. My mom had to go to the bathroom. About a minute later, I was laying down with sheets over me, scared horribly. I then saw something that practically made me paranoid forever. I heard a noise on the table, as if something bumped into it. I looked to my side, and saw my mom walk to the bathroom, yet she had never returned from the bathroom. I pulled the sheets over my eyes and started whimpering. I heard the noise again. Shortly after, my mom came back.

Stuff like this might not seem as scary you might think, but I was little at the time. Afterwards nothing else happened.

7. Yozora Archer

I was around 12 when this happened.

A friend of mine and I were playing with toy guns in my mom's room. It was dimly lit. So, we, went off to the wall (the door is on this wall, but to the far left). I saw a hand reaching out from the door. So, thinking it was my mom, I whispered to my friend "Shhhh...look it's my mom. Lets scare her". And so, my friend nodded with a grin on his face. He followed me lead as I jumped in front of the doorway, with my gun pointing, and there was this bodyless arm reaching out to me.

It caught me off guard so badly, that I jumped back and fell. I can't explain how it all happened. It was as if someone were RIGHT there, reaching out with their arm like anyone else. No ghostly appearance, just an arm without a body. I think it was a woman's, since it had pointy nails with red nail polish on them.

What sucks is that my friend didn't even SEE the arm. Only I did.

Pics that I drew on MS Paint to give you an idea
    Sort of how I saw the arm sticking out.
    [​IMG]

And here's to give you an idea of how it looked when I jumped in front of it.
    [​IMG]

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't believe in any spiritual beings, and I've never personally had any encounters.

In my opinion, I believe that all of these "encounters" that people get is just their minds deceiving them. Sometimes, people will see a shadow move, and they're not sure what it is, so they think it's a ghost.

Anyway, those are just my opinions, so I'm not putting those that feel different down.

9. Aura Goddess

Things like this make me extremely paranoid and scared. And in turn, that paranoia and fear makes me believe that ghosts do in fact exist. I've heard a lot of stories about this sort of thing and I always end up freaked out for a few days. << Some sound interesting, others are just overly freaky and scare the living hell out of me.

Anyway...I guess I've had a few "encounters." I don't really know, maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me but yeah. When I was in elementary school, I used to hang out with these group of kids that liked the idea of supernatural stuff. It was to the point where one of them said that my school was built over a cemetery. For all we know, it might or might not have been true, but we were like 8 or 9, so we believed anything really. One time during recess, my friends wanted to "explore" and whatnot and so I went off with someone before I separated myself from them. Students weren't allowed to be anywhere near the classes but I ended up creeping my way towards them. When I was keeping myself against a wall, I suddenly started hearing as though someone was rattling their keys. Not just maybe they're rattling in a pocket or bag, it literally sounded like someone had them in their hand and continuously rattled them. I got scared and took off.

Another time in that same year, I think it was around recess or something and so our teacher was taking my class to the bathroom. The girls' and boys' bathroom were right next to each other and when I got out, I heard people as though they were freaking out over something. I looked towards the boys' bathroom and in the mirror(it was right by the doorway) was a really creepy looking face. It looked like the devil. Teachers said it was most likely a prank, I thought otherwise.

This next one isn't technically something I'd find creepy, but more comforting, really. About two years ago, I had gone through a lot and it ended me in depression. One morning when I got up to get ready for school, I was in a really horrible mood and it was only getting worse with my dog barking at God knows what. I was getting extremely angry and eventually I went to the window, and yelled at my dog to shut up. All of a sudden, it felt as though someone was watching me so I turned and I saw no one. I thought it was my brother messing with me but I ignored it and looked back at my dog, who was sitting down and staring at me as though he had done nothing wrong. I was glaring at my dog when I continued to feel as though someone was just staring at me. I turned again, and once more, nothing. I was already angry as it was and when I looked back outside, I suddenly felt as though someone had wrapped their arms around me. It seriously felt...loving and warm to the point my mood just went up. I wasn't angry anymore. I've told several people this and they all say it was a "guardian angel" but I don't know. >>

10. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

For the window, it's traditional. Just like Kayate said. For the door, I don't think you could imagine a door slamming right in front of you. Well, without wind... Sure is strange, no I can't think of an rational answer.

OMG... a bodyless arm in the air? Dude, I think I won't sleep tonight... But, the arm was just like... ahn... trying to get something in the air?

-----Also, I have some ghost encounters as well.
    I remember one day, two years ago, I went to my school's auditorium on afternoon with my friends, because that place have the fame of haunted. We get there, lights turn off. We were going to the stage then we heard a wierd sound. We turned back and see nothing. When we turned back to the stage, something white passed running in front of the stage. Right to left. I was in front of my friends, so I yell "RUN!", and we runned away from that room, when I get out, I closed the door. That almost give me a heart attack. My friends saw that too because before I yell at them to run, they already had take a few steps back.
    Another time (this year), we were in one classroom (it just is used to works after shcool time). After we finish the work, we started to talk. That room is on the 3rd floor, and the 3rd floor just has the class busy on morning (afternoon they aren't used); music room and art room, nobody can get there without reserve; otherwise, the teacher won't let you pass through the stair. We heard a noise from the art room, we went to see where had fell. It was the chair. Wait, a chair??? How come a chair fell? The windows were all closed, and there is no wind that strong. We put the chair back to its place again and decided to be in the art room anyway. There is a big mirror in that room, we start to look at the mirror while we talk. Then, we saw another chair fell (in the mirror). We took a fright and stand next to each other. "Guys... let's get out here, stay right behind me" so we get out of that scary room and, suprising, always when we finish the work we go there to see if everything is... fine.

Edit:
    Agreed. And dude, I can't believe someone could draw something like that on the mirror... Man that's scary. (>ºº)>

I won't sleep tonight. Maybe I have to go a little to SpamZone and I'll get better...

11. Always Dance Chaser

My belief is that "Ghosts" are really demons. More specifically, I'm a Christian, so I believe that when you die you either go to Heaven or to Hell. The job of demons is to convince you that there is no god, which will cause you to go to Hell. An obvious way for a demon to do this is to convince you that you become a ghost when you die. If people become ghosts after death, then the Christian ideas of Heaven and Hell suddenly become wrong, and all of Christianity is basically invalidated. So I believe demons take on the form of dead people and scare people, causing them to believe in ghosts. I also believe aliens/ UFOs are the same thing.

I've never had any experiences with ghosts but I've heard stories.

12. Patman Bof

Well, I' m agnostic but the word "ghost" has a very vague definition. Basically saying that we saw a ghost is another way to say that we have no frigging idea what we just saw, which is why I' m a little reluctant to use that word.

Maybe it' s time for me to tell one of the stories that my sister was told at the hospital :

A nurse came to check on a boy who had an operation planned a while later. She left him alone for a little while, and when she came back the boy was terrorized. He said he saw a woman who told him that he was going to die during his operation. The nurse knew that no one could have entered the room unnoticed, but she tried to calm the boy and talked to him. Turns out the woman he thought he saw was his dead grandmother. The nurse explained to the boy that his operation wasn' t complicated nor risky, that his life wasn' t threatened at all, but the boy didn' t seem to believe her. She left him alone for a while again, and when she came back the boy wasn' t scared anymore.

- "Feeling better ?"
    - "Yes, I saw my granny again, she said that death wasn' t something to fear and that we would be together."

The nurse didn't believe for a second that this whole story could be more than a child' s medicated imagination going wild, and thought nothing of it. A few days later she heard that this boy indeed died during his benign operation.

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well, being a Christian my belief in the supernatural goes to angels and demons, and god himself. I don't have many stories of the supernatural. Most being promptings to act that get some interesting results, and I can't recall any bad ones. But there is one in particular that stands out as being more tangible than the others. I haven't shared this with anyone other than my small group before now, but the time feels right for it I guess.

This was during the summer going in senior year, I was at a church camp and had just been doing a biblical story on what exactly "glory" actually meant. It turns out that one of the most common Hebrew words that gets translated to "glory" is "kabod" which more directly means weight or heaviness. So with this in mind I was standing in group worship one night with my hands raised when gradually I felt my arms getting heavy. At first I thought my arms were just tired, but it got progressively worse. The strain started to move through my whole body and it quickly became clear that it wasn't just fatigue. My legs gave out by the end. Surprisingly nobody seemed to think much of it. I guess it was a powerful song and people thought I was just getting caught up in the moment. So then this next part is a weird thing to describe because I don't want to say I heard god, because I didn't, it is more like a thought that came into my head that I knew wasn't mine. To give it words the best I can, the message was "My spirit lives within you. This power is within you. If you let me I can help you do far more than you could alone." And just like that it was over, there wasn't so much as an ache in my muscles, not even the ones I had before that happened. The following year I got scary in my weight lifting class. The school bench record was 450lbs and I got myself above 400lbs by the end of the year. That ended up being one spiritual lesson I won't be forgetting any time soon.

14. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I have a challenge for you to comprehend. Matter is neither created or destroyed. And the same could be said of energy. Does the energy of a traumatic death just go away or does an imprint of it in some form remain behind? Ghost commonly use energy from a whole host of sources to manifest in some way. Technology, water, weather, human beings. So using science to somewhat validate the theory...why couldn't there be the spirits of those gone before wandering about the Earth? Perhaps their lives were taken too suddenly or they're a jackass who in some way fears being judged or they don't understand they're dead.

Some spirits are demons but not all spirits are demonic. I've encountered at least one demonic spirit that scratched my chest. The marks have healed over but they looked like they were made by claws. Three of them. I felt like my chest was on fire and I felt like the wind was knocked out of me. Needless to say I hauled ass to the nearest church and am on good speaking terms with the priest there. I was messing with things I did not understand at the time. I was a stupid kid looking for a cheap thrill and I am damned lucky that the thing didn't follow me home.

Yet it was this encounter and many more encounters I've had with ghosts that have actually validated the Christian religion to me at least. Because if you have demons there has to be angels. Yin and Yang if you will. [Fun fact: Every Catholic Church has at least one Demonologist on their staff.] The Catholic Church practices the rite of exorcism. And not every exorcism is done on people. Buildings can be exorcised as well and it doesn't always work or last.

[Demons can also mimic. They like to imitate children laughing the most. So if you're in a haunted location with reports of children laughing with no records of children dieing there, red flags should go up right away. Also, they will find the things that mean the most to you and twist them around. Your friends. Your loved ones.]

Needless to say I do believe in ghosts. I've been amateur hunting with a group of friends since high school and have been researching the paranormal since then. I've read ghost stories. I've seen pictures. I've even seen the holy grail of ghost hunting, the full body apparition. I've heard disembodied voices/growls/laughing.

15. Always Dance Chaser

Like I said, I believe those are all just demons, not "Spirits". I also believe they go away when exorcised by Catholics to convince you that Catholicism is the right church, which it isn't (in my opinion)

16. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Do any of you believe in ghost?

Recently when I went over to a friends house one morning before school he showed me a photo of himself holding a 360 game case and a face showed up behind him. At the time he was home alone by himself. I would link you guys a photo but he doesn't have it on FaceBook or anywhere for me to find it to show you guys.

I remember my aunts video of her trip to Mexico and there was a odd figure. It was of someone standing in a dark room and a face was where his shoulders are. He claimed that he was alone and only entered that room once that day.

There is a Mexican ghost story of a woman who drowned her children in a river and died shortly after that many years ago. The night after the day she died people who lived in her village claimed to hear someone shouting "My children! Where are my children!" in a crying voice in Spanish, people recognized the voice to belong to her. The story is called "La Llorona" or the "Weeping Woman" translated in English. Both my dad and uncle have have encountered her.

My dad was walking home from work about 3 in the morning. He had to walk on a long bridge that had a 20ft fence on both sides so no one can fall out and drop into the water that is under the bridge. My dad felt like he was being followed and looked back, there was a woman in a white dress, he looked again and she was gone. He was half way into the bridge when he looked, if she wasn't there wouldn't he hear a splash or the fence moving? I personally haven't been to my dad's part of Mexico where the bridge is but I would like to go there one day just to see it.

My uncle didn't really encountered her but he left a party early and his truck stopped near a river. He got out and heard the words "My children! Where are my Children?!". He ran from the scene and came back for his truck in the day, his truck worked like there was nothing wrong with it.

Do any of you believe in ghost/spirits, demons, angels? Have you encountered one? Seen one in a family photo?

EDIT
    Please move it here :)
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?116584-Ghost-Encounters

17. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

If I'm right another name for this kind of ghost is Lady in White, who kill themselves after they find their partners have cheated on them. Anywho, I do believe in ghosts, and a few of my family members (me as well) have seen/heard sprites, I myself have seen at least five different ones in the house I live in now, one of an old lady, two of younger women, a man and a young boy, I'm not sure if there are any link between them, but I've seen them. In my sisters house I've seen things move, heard a male voice say my name (when I was the only one there). My oldest nephew has even had a full on conversation with man, when my sister asked him who he was talking to, he said his great granddad, who had died the day my sister fell pregnant with her oldest, so of course it's impossible for him to have met his great granddad was.

Me, my mum and sister some times go to a medium group, and each time my grandma appears, and my first time going there, the medium said even when I feel alone I never am, but I didn't get to ask him if he meant my grandma, my uncle who died the year I was born, or and unknown girl who I haven't seen, but sometimes sense around.

Last thing on this subject which seem a little silly, but after getting my cat, I laid on my bed with him, he looked up at something (again I was home alone in human sense) and hissed, this is the first and only time I've heard him hiss, so I put it down to him seeing one of the ghosts and he warned it off or something.

18. Rapid Ignis Destiny Islands Resident

I personally don't believe in ghosts or spirits of the sort that they are dead people comming back to speak with the living, but I do believe in demons and angels, I know several people who helped to get a demon out of a medicine man in new mexico, and I believe that I have been attacked by a demon, though I'm not sure if I was dreaming or not when it happened.

Two years ago I had been at an indian/native american reservation over the summer, and had gotten a few talisman-type things made out of clay with native american symbols carved into them. After that my life was kinda just going downhill, I thought about suicide a couple times, my grades in school slipped from A's and B's to D's and F's, and I couldn't sleep well at night because I had all these awful nightmares.

Anyway, by March, I was a mess, and I was doing my best to pull myself out of depression. One night, not long after I started to work harder at school and go to church again, I woke up in the middle of the night, I don't know what time it was because my Alarm clock was off, my phone wouldn't turn on, and even the flashlight I kept near my bed wouldn't turn on. And I could feel something in the room with me, something evil, it's the only way I could describe it.
    The first thing I did was jump up and try to open my door, but it wouldn't open, as if it was locked, but I don't have a lock on my door. Then I was freaking out, and I saw the talisman things sitting on my shelf. They just seemed to be emenating that evil presence, they didn't actually glow or move or anything freaky like that... but I could feel something wrong with them. So I got my pocket knife out, and I took a necklace with a bunch of the clay talismans on it, and tried to cut it, but the string wouldn't cut, no matter how hard I tried. Then I tried to dig the point of the knife into the tailsmans, and it wouldn't even scratch them.

At this point I was really freaking out, and I threw the thing accrossed my room, it hit my closet door and then fell to the ground, not a scratch on it. I was thinking frantically of everything my youth pastor had ever told me about demons, because at that point I was certain that this was what I was dealing with. I remembered something about the name of god having power over demons, or something weird like that. I just shouted: "God be with me!" And then there was this noise like a gunshot, and the talisman thing that was laying on the floor cracked, all the clay peices on it shattered, some of them with enough force to fly across the room. And the leather string to it disintigrated into dust and ash, like it had been burned.
    After that I was exhausted and fell asleep right then and there, I woke up in the morning on the floor, thinking it had all been a dream, but there were still clay peices scattered all over my room, and there was a small pile of dust where the talisman thing had been laying.
    After that my life got better, my grades came up, the nightmares stoped, and I stoped thinking about killing myself.

I know it sounds far fetched, but it's true... or at least I think it is true, because all the stuff was still destroyed in the morning.

19. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Well, I really don't know. I do think that... there might be those ghosts, phantoms are the like. It really scares me sometimes, but if they're real, God's real too and He is protecting me, so there isn't why I fear. I do believe in God and that He is protecting me. So most times I think that something bad will happen or that something here or around me or someone I care, I pray.

I already had a few encounters with this kind of things, I think. I remember one day when I was little, my sister came to my room when I was waking, I was in bed but the eyes open. It was around 8:00AM so it was bright. My door was open and my sister came, she sited down in the other bed and said something in a whisper. I couldn't hear what was but... when she did she... suddenly was gone. And I saw she despairing little by little. And I was a kid so I was pretty scared. I closed my eyes and then started to thing about what she have told me. Then it came in mind that she wasn't so... like with my sister. It was another person, another girl child.

Another thing is when I am alone in this big house. I hear some rumbles, but normally ignore. There is a certain time I don't hear them though (what make me relief). There was some strange things in my school too, the haunted corridor, for example. It happened 5-6 years ago, I don't remember exactly. But they started to call the corridor haunted because the floor itself is silent and the like. We think: "Well, there is something strange here." like there was someone looking at us, following us. That place is just creepy if you're going alone and are paying attention at every part of it. A day in special I was with a friend and we heard a really strong rumble from the room we never know (until now) where is or what it has inside. My friend screamed and started to run, at the moment she started to run, I looked to my left and there was, a shadow hand thing almost touching in my other friend's shoulder. I immediately took her hand and started to run with my other friend.

Well, I would love to stay here and keep with the stories, but it is almost 3:00AM, and those things are freaking me out. Thank you and have a nice day.~​

20. Misty gimme kiss

_MERGED
    With the Ghost Encounters thread.

But I don't believe in ghosts or spirits or anything of that sort. My opinion would probably differ if I had any paranormal experiences, but I'm very skeptical of others' stories.