The Broken

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Naminé_, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

In the end, it was Merlin who left. He suddenly up and dissapeared one nice, sunny day. Naminé had gone to his little home, as usual, to see if he had any errands for her to do. The door had been left slightly ajar, and as she curiously went ahead inside, she found that the place was completely empty. It was indeed a strange sight, since no matter how many times she cleaned it up, random odds and ends were always scattered about and there were vast amounts of clutter in this little room. But now..

It was empty.

He'd left no note to say of where he'd be going or when he'd return..there was nothing for her to go by, no word of how she'd continue with her magic lessons. She was so close to getting it right..so close to perfecting the Illusion.. The dull, reverberating ache in her chest was becoming familiar now. Zexion had already told her that it was possible she'd been able to manifest a heart..though maybe she was still just linked to Kairi's. Naminé had thought that a heart would be a wonderful thing to have. It had been so long, and she'd gone through so much with the feeling of nothingness in her chest..and then Sora and his friends had come along, which brought something within her to life. She didn't want to be alone anymore..she was envious of these Somebodies..

So why did everyone seem to leave her..?

Maybe she just wasn't suited for a heart afterall. Maybe, eventually, they would all vanish and forget about her.. Yuffie, Aerith, Leon, Cid, the triplets.. Nijimono..

Mr. McDuck's ice cream parlor was usually a busy place on a day like today. Everyone enjoyed his unique flavors, and even the classic ones, of the frozen treats he provided to Radiant Garden. He even shipped his treats to the other worlds sometimes. Yes, on days when the sun was shining brightly in the sky, children were out riding their boards in the streets, adults were talking to each other and laughing, this world seemed like such a carefree place. But to the blonde girl standing behind the counter and mechanicly serving the fine treats to customers..she was left out of it's revolution.

OOC: Hi there, thanks for being interested in my thread! Feel free to join in with your original characters, or if you'd like to take up a character from Kingdom Hearts then go right ahead. I'll be editing this post to state which characters are taken. I prefer paragraph posting, but since the rules are a maximum of six words, then I can live with that as long as it's done in proper roleplay style. Please no *actions*, and if your character is talking, use the proper puncuation. The setting for this thread is post KH2, though it's very AUish, since most of the Organization members are still around and being mischeivious, and Naminé and Roxas did not join their counterparts. I'd really like it if the characters I mentioned in my post above were taken up! (Yuffie, Aerith, Leon, Cid) Though I've been roleplaying them on my own as NPCs. They all know Naminé and are friends with her. Yuffie is more like her best friend. Also, as requested by Rexyggor, if a character interacting with yours is not online for several posts, please be courteous enough to let them catch up before you get too far ahead.

Original Character Sheet
    Name:
    Fighting style/weapons: (keyblades allowed!)
    Appearance: (pictures can be posted, but not too big please)
    Brief History: (optional)

If you have any questions then feel free to PM me, as I'd rather not clutter up this thread with OOC posts. Thanks, and I hope to roleplay with you soon!

Characters Taken: Lillian, Marina, Rexyggor, and Aerith.

2. Rayeofsunshine Destiny Islands Resident

Original Character Sheet
    Name: Lillian
    World originated from: Radiant Garden (Hallow Bastion)
    Fighting style/weapons: None . . . (At the moment)
    Appearance: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30858094/?qo=71&q=by:andaria&qh=sort:time+-in:scraps
    Brief History: A mute girl wandering around hallow bastion. Has over protective parents. But, she knows more things than she's supposed to. She can read minds?
    (I made this up in 5 minutes, tell me if it's good.)

3. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

OOC: Yes, that's just fine. Reading minds is a dangerous thing. >D You can hop on in the roleplay. As you can see from my previous post, the world is Radiant Garden and currently Naminé is in Scrooge's ice cream shop, manning the counter. Your character can even be a part of the staff there if you'd like. Be creative, and have fun with it~

4. Rayeofsunshine Destiny Islands Resident

Not being able to talk, Lilly walked on her own, holding a flower in her hands. The hot Day at Radiant Garden seemed to flow out joyful thoughts from the people around her.
    She walked by a few kids skateboarding.
    I wish I could do that I better learn soon
    I’m so excited for tonight
    I’m craving Ice cream.

She smiled, happy that other people were happy.
    She came to the Mr. McDuck’s Ice cream place. There was a blonde girl standing behind the counter.
    So why does everyone seem to leave me?
    They will all vanish and forget about me.. Yuffie, Aerith, Leon, Cid, the triplets.. Nijimono..

She seemed sad about something. Lilly bit her lip. She smiled to the girl, and gave her the munny for an ice cream. With the munny, she laid down the flower that she had in her hands.
    ===================
    OOC:
    Kay, I'm not as good as you, but I tried!

5. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

OOC: Aw, thank you. I don't really judge people by their posting abilities though, I go by creativity! Your post was nice. Here's my reply~!

Naminé was never very good at meeting people. but everyone here in this place seemed to be so kind. It was hard for her to blunder up, really. She was grateful. The person who had asked her to come to this place was Merlin. Though he was a strange old man, he was very wise. He always seemed to know what to do.

And now he was gone.

Why did he leave? Where did he go? Was it something she'd done? She knew that her ability was dangerous, and he'd warned her many times that she had to be careful with her casting as well as the residual projection of her illusions. It was very different from working away at someone's memory, yet somewhat familiar. Either way..she could break someone's heart and mind if she messed up.

The pale blue eyes were blinked as she realized someone had come up to the counter. It was a girl, a bit younger than herself, and she'd been so silent that Naminé hadn't even noticed her presence until now. "M-my apologies. Which flavor did you want?" She put on a smile, an expression that was easy to replicate for a Nobody. Taking notice of the flower, she blinked again and picked up the clean stem and lost herself in the vibrant color of the petals. Still, she managed to glance back as she waited for a reply from the new customer.

6. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

Original Character Sheet
    Name: Marina (Mah-ree-nuh)

World originated from:A world in a different galaxy
    Fighting style/weapons:http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marinasweaponto4.jpg

Appearance:Here
    And Here

Height: About 5'6
    Hair:golden-brown hair that goes down to her waist, long bangs that are usually to the sides of her face
    Eyes:Turquoise

Brief History: (Brief? Are you kidding?)
    Usually smiling, she tries to hide when she's angry, and she doesn't let a lot of stuff get to her. She came to Raidient Garden when Sora was still on his first journey. The heartless somehow got to her world, across the universe and out of the reach of GUMMI SHIPs. No one knows how she got to the other galaxy, but she ended up in Traverse Town, eager for adventure. It seemed to her new friends that she had been wanting something to happen, something to change, something to be different from the everyday life she had known for the past 13 years. She never would have expected it to happen how it did though, as the darkness ripped through her world, engufing it into the fizzling black smoke they called "The End of the World".
    It certainly was the end of hers. She wanted to travel the worlds with Sora, but arguing with Donald would be no use. When she learned that Cid made Gummi Ships, though, she saved up as much munny as she could, earning it by killing off Heartless for town residents, and selling the items she got from them. When she had gotten enough munny, Sora was already at Hollow Bastion. Still, she flew there with Leon and all the other friends she had made in that strange world. She stayed with them, in Hollow Bastion, for the rest of Sora's journey. She helped the Restorattion Commitee, even duing the Heartless invasion. Marina knew this was where she belonged.

Marina is actually based off of me. Not so breif history is now finished. =D

7. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

I would like to join!

Name: Rexyggor

World originated from: Not known

Purpose: to be found by the organization and also made a member

Fighting style/weapons: He will be using a metal rod which can be manipulated into any form

Appearance: (I'm not very original with character appearances so i'm copying some things from random places)
    >>hair: Looks like Jesse McCartneys new hair style (on his new album)
    >>Body: pretty fit Has some muscle in his arms, but not an enormous amount
    >>Eyes: Blue/green depending on his mood (sometimes can have one green and one blue eye if feeling nuetral)
    >>clothes: He wears a tan shirt with a plad shirt over it that is a tan(mixed with a little gray) and blue and has Brown/tan cargo pants (until taken by Org XIII)
    Brief History: The last thing he can remember is having his heart taken from a
    heartless and then becoming what he is now. Through 13 different worlds he has traveled through dark portals in which he doesnt make appear on his own. Someone else is doing it for him. His final stop in at Radiant Garden before he finds his purpose that he does not know of yet.
    He roams the many streets of Radiant Garden, trying to find his old self. He cant remember hisorignial world, or anything about his life, except that his true name is Gregory. Along his traveling through Radiant Garden he comes to an ice cream shop where he finds two girls, one behind the counter and one buying an ice cream. He decides to go see if he can find out anything about this newly strange place.

8. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

OOC: So your character is a Nobody, Rexyggor?

She had forgotten herself in her indulgent musings, forgotten where she was and what she was doing. Mr. McDuck had asked her to fill in during the day shift since the usual staff member that was to be working here had asked for the day off. Naminé was glad to help out, and she'd hoped that perhaps keeping herself busy would make her forget her recent, troubling loss.

Already a new customer had entered the shop while she was waiting on the younger girl's order, and so she tilted her head to peer at the one who'd just walked in with her smile still held in place. "Welcome! I'll be with you in just a moment."

9. Rayeofsunshine Destiny Islands Resident

Lilly shrugged, trying to think how to reply. She bit her lip, She tried to sign the word “Sea Salt Ice cream†by moving her hands in odd forms.
    Why was this so difficult? She could read minds, but she could not make people read her mind. This was hard.
    She tried to move her lips in the form of the words, even though no sound came out of her lips.
    Suddenly, some thoughts from someone else wandered to her head.
    It was one word, one name.
    “Gregoryâ€.

======
    OOC: Hello new people!:p :D
    THis is hard, because I am trying to write without using Diolouge. This is a good challange! Haha!

10. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

Naminé blinked as she watched the girl across the counter from her moving her hands, having never seen someone make such gestures before.. The girl didn't seem to be angry or in a rush. Was there a problem..? Why wasn't the girl saying anything? "E-excuse me..? Is everything alright? You..you wanted ice-cream, right?" The fact that she was confused over this was a bit embarassing, and the pinking of her cheeks displayed enough evidence of that.

OOC: Lol, yeah. I like your character! XD It's so hard to not be able to speak. Sadly, Naminé doesn't know anything about muteness. Oh this will be pretty interesting, I bet.

11. Rayeofsunshine Destiny Islands Resident

Lilly Felt the confusion in the girl’s mind. Apparently, she did not know sign language. Most people didn’t.
    She turned to the boy behind her, and made her hand in a fist, and rubbed it on her chest in a circle, the sign for “Sorryâ€.
    She smiled. This sure was a very comical moment. She signed the word for Ice Cream, which was pretty much imitating licking an ice cream cone. Then, she shook her fist up and down, bending from the wrist, similar to the motion of knocking on a door. This was the sign for yes. She nodded her head up and down, in case that didn’t get through.
    Lilly knew none of this was helping, so she just pointed to the sign for “Sea salt ice creamâ€.
    ====
    OOC:
    I know some basic sign language,so this all of those signs are real . . . and yes, The sign for ice cream is imatating licking an ice cream cone!
    XD Poor Namine!

12. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

What...what was this girl doing? Maybe these gestures were meant to mean something.. The young blonde was quiet as she just watched, her mind working over this puzzling situation. And then the girl pointed to a space on the menu for Sea-Salt ice cream. It clicked to her then, that this was what the girl wanted, so she bent to retrieve one of the popsicles from the freezer and handed it to the girl, dropping the munny into the register. "I'm sorry. I didn't understand the meaning of your motions.. Have..have you lost your voice?"

That was the only thing Naminé could really think of to rationalize why the girl hadn't just told her what she wanted. She'd also been sick before, with a cold, so she now knew that certain things like that could happen to a body.

OOC: Wee~ XD

13. Rayeofsunshine Destiny Islands Resident

“Have you lost your voice?†The girl before her asked.
    Lilly smiled. How could she loose something she never had? She grew up not being able to speak. Not being able to imitate her parents words, not even being able to say her own name out loud, but learning the simple mouth movement, even though no sounds come out of her mouth.
    But, she had a gift to replace her muteness. She could retrieve thoughts from other people. She can “Read Mindsâ€.
    She knew a lot more than she should. She knew everybody’s secrets. But she could never reveal them.
    She knew that the girl in front of her was having a hard time; someone had left her.
    And the boy behind her Was looking for someone. This “Gregoryâ€.
    When the girl before her asked that question, she just widened her smile, and opened her mouth, revealing burn scars around her mouth and down her throat that she got when she was only a baby. This was the only way to explain it.
    ===
    OOC:
    Wahoo. :rolleyes:
    Yeahness!:p
    My Character has suffered childhood tragety! Yipeee!

14. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

OOC: OMG, I love that!! XD Showing off the scars.

"E-eh..?" Naminé noticed the girl opening her mouth, and wondered if she was going to show her the swollenness that came with being sick. Ah yes, she remembered that awful itchy feeling. ..wait.. A gasp left her and she fell back, landing on her rump behind the counter. That..that wasn't swollen! It was horribly mangled! What in the worlds..

She quickly recovered and stood up once more, brushing off the back of her mint-colored, pleated skirt. Her cheeks were flaming by now, and she was aware that her gawking had been very rude. "I'm sorry.."

15. Rayeofsunshine Destiny Islands Resident

She shook her head, smiling. Then, she gave her thumbs up.
    She licked her ice cream. She had could not taste whatsoever, but she liked the cool sensation on her mouth.
    She put her hand to her chin, then moved it in a downwards motion, signing “Thankyouâ€.
    She walked off, licking her ice cream, thinking. Probably she could meet up with the girl again.
    Her shoulder hit something solid. She turned around to see the boy that was waiting in line behind her. Embarrassed she had bumped into him, she made the “sorry†motion again, and walked off.
    ====
    OOC:
    "How in the worlds" XD Ha! Awesome!
    YEAH! Showing off my scars . . .
    But, I have no idea how she got them! It has to be semi-tragic . . .

16. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

((OOC: Hey um.. wouold it be alright if we can start some sort of rule in which if people arent around, that the people who are posting just only do about two or three? (my explanation goes with what just happened from after i posted to right before this one) I only really say it because with this rp, I am going to have a hard time keeping up if there is even one page that i have to read. I'm not very fast, so it takes me forever to catch up.
    And yes my character is a nobody, but he doesn't exactly know that he is a nobody.. He's in the sort of "discovering" stage. includeed to that, he doesnt exactly understand why he looks different or sounds different from what he usually sounds like. Doesnt know his new name yet. etc.))

BIC: Rexyggor smiled at the girl in front of him, and gave her an "it's ok" motion. He went up toward the counter. He asked for a cotton candy ice cream. After the girl behind the counter had given it to him for the exchange of munny, he asked, "Hey i'm new around here, when you get off this shift from working, could you sow m around a little bit? I'm Gregory (again... discovering stage)." He held out his hand to shake.

17. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

OOC: I'd really rather not set a limit, but it should be obvious that play can't continue when one or more of the characters interacting with your own is just idle. I put it up in my first post though, as a courtesy. ^^ Sorry if it seemed like we were getting ahead of you. I ended up waiting for you after the last post Raye did! =D

More gestures.. Naminé made a mental note to herself to see if she could meet up with that girl again and attempt to learn what these things meant. She was certain that there was a way she could learn those motions too. And of course, she had always been a curious Nobody. "Oh..!" She winced when the girl turned and ran into the boy that had been waiting behind her, then gave a small encouraging smile as the younger one walked out of the shop. Yeah..she did want to meet with her again.

Her oceanic eyes were then focused on the boy, her next customer, he'd known the motions to give in response to that girl. Naminé held her smile for a bit longer, handing him the ice cream he'd requested after putting his munny in the register. "I'm somewhat new to Radiant Garden myself..but I've been around the members of the Restoration Comittee so I do know the basics of town.." She took the hand that he offered and gave it a light shake, leaning forward against the counter. "It's nice to meet you Gregory, my name is Naminé."

Even though she was supposed to be hiding from the Organization members, she rarely felt the need to be discourteous to the people around her. And perhaps she was just a little too trusting sometimes.. Still, there was something about this boy that was familiar to her. She couldn't put her finger on it..but it wasn't like she'd seen him before or anything. It was just..something she could sense.

18. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

(OOC: ok that works.. thanks ;) and also, when i italicize a whole sentence, it means they are in thought. I will also usually make it my next paragraph)

BIC:
    "Ok thanks Namine(with accent)! . It's always nice to meet someone new. I'll go look up that restoration commitee. I hope to see you around again."
    Rexyggor left he counter so other customers could get some ice cream too. He was walking backwards while waving goodbye and he was somewhat blushing, and all of a sudden, he ran into somebody. He turned around and saw somebody in black cloak.
    "I'm sorry" he said to the person. He looked back at Namine(accented) and smiled embarrassed. He turned around again, but the man was gone. As he looked around the shop he didn't see the man he ran into. As he looked toward the exit, someone came in, "excuse me mam, did you see a man in a black cloak walk out of here?" The woman replied, "No sorry."
    Hmm.. thats weird. I strangely just ran into someone, but then he disappeared. Or was he never actaully there? He became very confused as he walked toward the telephone booth to look up the radiant Garden restoration committee.

19. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

"Hey Namine!" Marina said with a cheerful face that mached that sunny afternoon.
    "Uh... have you seen Merlin today? I can't find him anywhere. Actually, I've only seen Yuna, Rikku, and Paine. They were in the Bailey."
    She was hyper today, porbably because of the nice weather. She noticed the boy walking away from the Ice Cream Shop.
    "You've had a lot of costumers today, haven't you?"
    She noticed her slight rambling and got a bit embarassed. Marina quietly mumbled to herself and made a mental note not to ramble when she is hyper.

(OOC: Marina knows Namine because she is also friends with the Restoration Committee)

20. Naminé_ Merlin's Housekeeper

OOC: Okay Rexyggor, and that makes sense CarbuncleGem. ^^ Also, just a suggestion to Rexyggor, you can play an Organization member if you'd like. The only one that isn't available at this time is Zexion, who will be played by my friend who is out at a convention for a few days. For information on what the Organization is currently up to, you'd have to ask him in a PM.

"O-okay..have a good day, and if I happen to see anyone I'll let them know you're looking for them." Naminé raised her hand to give him a farewell wave before she got to the next customer. She hadn't noticed anything unusual going on in the shop, although she did glance back up when she heard Rexyggor give an apology. She hadn't seen the cloaked figure.

After taking care of the customers that had been waiting in line, Naminé gave a small sigh and leaned back against the wall, looking down at the freezers that stored their current stock of ice cream. The afternoon rush seemed to be over, but since it was a hot day, there would surely be more customers soon. The oceans of blue that made up her eyes closed in rest for a moment, only to be revealed as the sound of her name reverberated in her mind. "Nijimono.." The word had slipped from her lips on a whisper, a passing thought that had struck her..but it was gone when she noticed that it had been someone from the Restoration Comittee who had addressed her.

Before Naminé could put on a smile, she realized what the first question had been, and slowly shook her head. "Merlin is..gone.. I'm sorry Marina.. I went to his house to perform my usual chores and it was empty.. There was no note or anything. I've been meaning to let everyone on the Comittee know, but Mr. McDuck approached me so I've been here all day."