Angels Don't Like Heroes

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Arch, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Arch Mana Knight

Eh. My first story...>>; Sorry if it gets confusing. I'm not a good writer.
    Comments please. 8D Oh...and sorry for how I formatted it if that causes any problems while reading. ; ; And if I broke any random rules then tell me! D<

Chapters so far...

Chapter 1: Breakout
    Chapter 2: Six Years Later...
    Chapter 3: When isn't it a girl?
    Chapter 4: The Girl
    Chapter 5: Don't Walk Into A Dark Alley
    Chapter 6: Disoriented
    Chapter 7: Maybe not an apartment...
    Chapter 8: Too Gray
    Chapter 9: Alone Again
    Chapter 10: Point of View
    Chapter 11: Darkness
    Chapter 12: Morning Already?
    Chapter 13: Just A Regular Day...
    Chapter 14: Calm Acceptance
    Chapter 15: Bang.
    Chapter 16: Maybe
    Chapter 17: Not Normal
    Chapter 18: Almost
    Chapter 19: A Sudden Fight
    Chapter 20: Dust In The Wind
    Chapter 21: Talk
    Chapter 22: Dates Make Me Sick
    Chapter 23: That Was A Short Date
    Chapter 24: Not In The Apartment!
    Chapter 25: Feelings of Normal
    Chapter 26: Shown Potential
    Chapter 27: Four Horsemen. Four Seraphim.
    Chapter 28: Grey's Rage and the Last Rose

.::~Chapter One: Breakout~::.

The room flashed white as the crack of thunder was heard outside the window, exposing the metallic walls and complex equipment scattered throughout. A thin man wearing a white lab coat ran into the dreary, dimly lit room. He began mumbling to himself as he hastily typed something in a large computer; he glanced over his shoulder to see a large black pod with a male floating in some sort of liquid.

"If I can't shut this down the containment field will-" He was cut off as the loud rumble of thunder drowned out his voice. "It's getting closer." He spoke to himself, slamming his hands down on the keyboard in frustration as the computer began flickering. There was no response from the computer. The lights went out and the room was covered in darkness "No!" The man shouted, desperately trying to get the computer to work. "If he escapes..." He stared out of the window, knowing that the calm city of Seattle was waiting outside in the distance. The man spun around, hearing glass shatter behind him. "What the hell! He's loose!" He staggered backwards, falling over in the darkness. Two golden eyes flashed and stared at the frightened man as a male figure approached him. The man yelled in horror, crying out his last words. "Forgive me God!"

.::~Chapter Two: Six Years Later...~::.

"That was six years ago..." A voice said, speaking to nobody in particular. The one speaking was a young male; he looked about nineteen or so. The young male was lying down on the carpeted floor staring up at the plain white ceiling in his apartment. "My first memories..." He continued to speak to himself as if he wanted to share his story with someone. "Called myself Grey...people think I'm crazy because I talk to myself...but I'm just..." Grey rolled onto his side and let out an exasperated sigh. "I guess I'm either lonely, bored, or I really am crazy....ah well...Maybe it's boredom! Not like Seattle's the most interesting place on the Earth!" He laughed and rose to his feet quickly and effortlessly, he had no plans for the day...or night since he rarely slept.

Grey's deep amber eyes darted over to the large front door across from him. He stood up and stretched before looking at the couch absent-mindedly. Though he found most of the things of the world interesting, he rarely went out to explore it. He looked around for his shoes and jacket. Those these articles of clothing were really of no use to him, he knew how strange it would look to walk out into the cold of Seattle without them. He even brought an umbrella, though that was used more as a means to hide his unusual eye-color.

Stepping out into the rain, Grey began to hum to himself. Along with talking, he found doing this in his own company eased away some of his loneliness. Though he doubted he would never find himself saying this to someone else. He stepped away from the complex and out onto the sidewalk.

.::~Chapter Three: When isn't it a girl?~::.

There were only a few people out at this time of day and those who were out seemed to be vanishing off the streets, probably going to work early and whatnot. Grey barely paid attention to where he was going as he stared down at his feet and watched the pavement move passed him. Occasionally, Grey would get close to bumping into a random pedestrian yet he always managed to avoid colliding into the person with ease. “I want something to do.†He said aloud out of sheer boredom. Another thing about him, he gets bored very easily.

As he continued walking he began to think of what exactly he was even going to do while outside of his humble abode. I could always just...fight? Yeah! Because apparently that’s all I’m good for! But...I am bored...Then again, not like I ever see fighting as much of a challenge. People around here are too slow and weak! Is Seattle full of people who don’t work out or- His thoughts were interrupted as he suddenly bumped into a man who-in Grey’s eyes-decided that it was funny to just get in someone’s way while that person was lost in thought. He growled at the man and twisted his head to stare at the well-dressed man to give him an icy glare. “Hmph.â€

Grey’s ears picked up what sounded like a yelp or scream coming from a nearby alley, causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand up. That was his only reason for staying in Seattle, crime rates where getting higher and he knew he had to do something in return for the city that gave him a home. He took off in the direction of the voice, taking note that it was coming from a female which didn’t surprise him...when isn’t it a female victim?

.::~Chapter Four: The Girl~::.

The girl stumbled forward, darting past the blur of stores and homes and right into a long dark alley. Many people would probably call her stupid for it but she didn’t want innocent people to lose their lives because of her problems. She knew that just because she was surrounded by strangers didn’t mean she was safe. Sighing, she stopped. Her heart was pounding, eyes wide. She cursed her body for showing her fear. She wasn’t the type.

Her thoughts were cut short as her face met the filthy concrete; her back straightened and chest kneeled into the ground. She whimpered as the man yanked her head up by her dark hair, digging his knee deeper into her spine. Her bright brown eyes shut tightly in a desperate attempt to escape. Her curious mind fluttered aimlessly to how she had ended up on the ground in the first place. She wondered if he had pushed her, or if she had fallen. And then it occurred to her how stupid a last thought that would be. At least it was better than focusing on the near unbearable pain shooting through her body, or the cold grainy feeling of wet mud smeared across her face.

He yanked again, arching her back further.

“You gonna come home now?†His mouth hot, wet mouth was suddenly pressed against her ear. “Whore.†He hissed. She squirmed underneath him and gasped as he pinned her arms down, yanking her hair back with his teeth. Feeling helpless, she shrieked.

.::~Chapter Five: Don't Walk Into A Dark Alley~::.

Grey’s unusually black hair flew back as he sprinted into an alley, having to lower the umbrella and retract it so it would not get in the way. The edges of his vision blurred slightly as he sped towards the source of the voice. He began to feel uncomfortable, dark places always seemed to make his eyes give off an eerie glow which didn’t do much to help him maintain his appearance of being “normalâ€. Grey came to an immediate stop as he soon reached his destination. A strange man, a rapist Grey assumed, was on top of a girl who really seemed to be in pain. Although he wanted to make a better entrance, he decided against backtracking or changing clothes just for the sake of looking more threatening. Wait? What am I wearing? Heh...I never pay much attention...Grey took a quick glance down at his clothes out of curiosity. Apparently he was wearing dark blue jeans, black shoes, and a simple black leather jacket which still had the zipper down exposing his painfully plain navy blue shirt. He shook his head and finally decided to make his move and stop checking himself out.

“You really should try to pick a less dangerous route...You know, one that doesn’t involve dark alleys.†He directed at the girl before staring calmly at the man gazing lustfully at the girl. “And you should know better...but since you don’t I’ll just kick your ass and get this over with.†Grey threateningly stated, cracking his knuckles. Standing at about a little more than 6 feet tall made him a somewhat menacing figure. He watched as the man stood up and moved away from the girl. A knife flashed from the man’s hand.

“I suggest you leave while you have the chance.†The man said, tossing the small blade from one hand to the other.

Grey shrugged and shook his head. “Yeah. You should’ve.†He coolly responded, letting a confident grin show. In the next instant, Grey lunged at the girl’s assailant and rammed him against a wall, the man’s blade already in his left hand. Grey held it up against the man’s neck and resisted the urge to just slit his throat.

You just had to bring a weapon. Grey thought as he swung his right fist at the man, hitting him square on the jaw with enough force to knock him out. He let the man fall to the floor before dropping the knife on the ground and turning to face the girl. Maybe I should’ve actually done things slower so she would’ve actually seen what happened... What had just occurred took place in a little less than a second, which was somewhat slow for Grey’s standards.

.::~Chapter Six: Disoriented~::.

Krystal gazed up at the man, her hands shaking. She closed her eyes again, wondering if this was the angel God had sent to Earth to take her away. Tilting her head, she opened her eyes and perked up an eyebrow. Her lips formed a small smile. She was dying. She subconsciously picked at the skin of her wrist, wondering why she could feel so much. Krystal sat up, sliding across the ground to press herself against the brick wall behind her. "I don't want to." Her words came out in a jumbled mess. She shook her head and covered her face with her hands, disoriented.

She heard the male speak, his voice sounded distant and far off even though he was now crouching in front of her. "Don't want to? Um...it doesn't look like you've suffered..." Krystal felt a pair of warm hands grab hers and pull them away from her face. "No head trauma. But you're a bit filthy..."

"I don't want you to take me!" Krystal blurted out, beginning to sob. The man...or boy in this case from what she saw seemed surprised.

"What are you-" She didn't hear him say anything else. The next thing she felt was herself being lifted up back on her feet. "I guess you're not going to talk to me." Krystal shivered as the cold wind smacked against her tear-stained face. She walked beside the stranger, still thinking that he was taking her to her next life. "I'm taking you to the only safe place I know..At least I think it's safe...My apartment." Krystal's mind didn't register these words as she was still a bit disoriented.

Krystal stared down at her shoes, sighing deeply. She gazed up at the tall black-haired boy and sighed again. His 'apartment'. What was that supposed to mean...? "Um. Excuse me, angel?" She blinked. everything sounded and looked the same in her eyes. Could other people see her? Hear her? She shook her head and looked at her shaking hands. Her face heated up when the angel glanced down at her and she instinctively turned her head away. "How far is it...?"

.::~Chapter Seven: Maybe not an apartment...~::.

Noticing the girl's expression and use of the word "angel", Grey raised an eyebrow and examined her for a moment. A gust of cold air flew passed the two, causing Krystal to shiver.

"The apartment is only a..." He trailed off, realizing how far he had just ran. It'd take them at least half an hour of brisk walking to just get near his apartment. Grey shoved his hands in his pockets and bit his lip in thought, weighing his options. He knew his first choice was just to carry the girl and make a run for it but after all that happened, Grey wasn't going to put her through more stress. His other option, since he knew nobody would take them anywhere and her house was probably closer, was to simply take her home.

"Girl-err...I mean...What's your name anyways? Since I don't have the time to drag you to my apartment, we'll settle with going to your place. Where do you live so I can walk you home?" He asked, staring down at the one he saved and tilting his head to the side.

.::~Chapter Eight: Too Gray~::.

Krystal turned her head and stared up at the tall figure, studying him with her bright brown eyes. “I-I can lead you there, angel...My name’s K-Krystal.†She stuttered, looking away from the male as her face heated up again. This was all wrong in her eyes. The angel shouldn’t be asking for directions. He should be leading her to a far off otherworldly place of some sort. As her thoughts trailed off she was brought back into reality when Grey snapped his fingers.

“Hey. I’m no mind reader. Can you lead me?†His voice took on a much warmer tone although it still sounded as if he wasn’t truly there.

Krystal instinctively reached out and grabbed his hand, feeling his warm skin against hers. She avoided looking in his direction mainly out of shyness although she had an urge to just turn around and stare at her guardian angel. As they walked out of the alley, she heard the angel say something under his breath. She didn’t dare ask what he said but it sounded as if he was cursing in several languages.

“Angel...?†She hesitantly spoke, risking a glance at the one trailing behind her, noticing that he was gazing down at the ground. “What’s your...name?†Krystal asked in a whisper, barely audible.

“Just call me Grey.†He instantly replied, raising his head slightly to show her a small smile, causing Krystal to look away swiftly and stare at the nearly empty sidewalk in front of her.

They walked in silence for the duration of their walk. An occasional car would pass by and splash any nearby pedestrian with water left over on the streets from the recent rain. She lowered her eyes, watching the pavement as she felt Grey’s eyes burning onto her back. Krystal knew he had to be staring, how else would she feel so...watched? She tried keeping her mind busy by constantly shifting her senses to different things. The scent of freshly cut grass, the small plain-looking houses, the somewhat larger well-designed houses, other people walking or jogging, the gray cloudy sky, the gray atmosphere, the wet and gray concrete...Why was everything so gray?

.::~Chapter Nine: Alone Again~::.

Grey quietly stared at Krystal as he trailed behind her, wondering why she was so hesitant to look at him. She must still be scared. He thought to himself before finally looking down at the ground.

After a few more moments of a somewhat awkward silence, the two arrived in front of a small, pale blue house. Grey examined it for a split second. The house resembled most of the others on the block, had a lawn that looked so similar to the others around, no garages, and a heavy wooden front door with a golden knocker which looked a little out of place for the humble abode.

“It looks nice.†He quickly said, both because it was true and because he thought it was polite to say it.

“T-thanks.†Krystal replied, almost silently. Grey had a feeling that she was blushing when she said it; it was common sense to him…and he could somehow just feel it.

“Shall we-†Grey didn’t finish his sentence as he was interrupted by the nervous girl.

“Go in? Yeah.†She said in a high pitched voice. She then tugged on his hand and lead him up to the heavy door.

I wonder if anyone is home. This girl is so nervous! Are girls always like this? Then again…I DID just save her from getting… His thoughts trailed off as Krystal started digging into her pockets for her keys. She pulled them out and clumsily jammed one in, having missed a few times before unlocking the door. With a small squeak, she nudged the heavy wooden thing open, pressing her shoulder against it.

“So…since you’re safe…Do you want me to come in?†He curiously asked, never having been in anyone else’s home.

“Thanks for saving me…angel-I mean Grey.†Great. She was still a little disoriented. “I’d like you to come in but my mom is home and…†Krystal stopped, she was leaning against the door, not looking in Grey’s direction to keep from getting to nervous. “Thanks again.†She closed her eyes and took a steady, deep breath before shoving her keys in her left pocket. Krystal stepped inside her house and turned her head to look at Grey for a short while. She flashed him a small smile and blinked her bright brown eyes once before turning back, her hair flying back as she finally closed the door(with another squeak and display of great effort).

“Great.†He mumbled, feeling the sudden pain of loneliness again. “Now what?â€

.::~Chapter Ten: Point of View~::.

“Isn’t it time by now?†A deep voice spoke from the darkness.

“Relax. His abilities still need time to grow. Our redemption shall soon be at hand.†Came another voice, sounding very calm and almost emotionless.

“But we should at least show him that we have someone worthy of this…thing.†The first voice stated impatiently as a dim reddish glow began emanating from his right hand, illuminating the area to reveal his scarred face and piercing golden eyes as well as the area. It was an ancient library. Hundreds of oaken bookshelves were packed with leather-bound volumes of knowledge long since forgotten in dozens of languages.

“So we should just send one after that outcast and hope for the best? Hope that he’ll survive and show us some of that potential? Alaric. If that‘s what you‘re suggesting, then you‘re jeopardizing this whole thing!†Was the icy response from the emotionless one, now pulling a hood over his head to shield his face from the glow of his partner’s hand.

“I’m sure time’s running out. And the others may get desperate!†The one named Alaric said, beginning to sound out of breath as if he had been jogging several miles. He lowered his hand, causing the light coming from it to flicker and dim slightly.

“They’ll be patient. I assure you.†The other man tugged on his dark brown hood and lowered his head, muttering something in another tongue. Alaric replied in the same language, bowing his head as well. “Anyways, we have to see which one we would have to send first. It’s not like we want our tool to die too quickly, now do we?†He said, letting out a quiet, bone-chilling laugh.

.::~Chapter Eleven: Darkness~::.

Grey lifted his right hand to scratch the back of his head, letting out the breath stored in his lungs. With the current conditions of the weather, he could see his breath…then again, when wasn’t the weather this cold?

“Nothing to do. As always.†He muttered to himself as he dug his left hand into the wooden bench he was sitting in. Grey did his best to admire the scenery of the park he was now currently at. He let his mind wander, fixing his eyes on a single tree as he let time pass. An occasional breeze would stir the branches, other than that Grey only noticed the Sun lowering on the horizon. He blinked as his vision blurred.

“What time is it…?†He asked to no one in particular, finally rising to his feet. I must’ve zoned out. It’s almost night… Grey yawned, not because he was actually tired but because it was late and he knew “normal†people yawned more often when it was dark.

Grey glanced down at the bench, seeing the marks his nails had left on it. I don’t even have long nails. He then looked up at the almost purple sky for a brief moment, wondering if anyone would still be outside. “Maybe I could…†He trailed off, suddenly feeling faint. Grey’s vision darkened as the surroundings began to sway and drift off. “What the hell?†He stepped forward and almost lost his balance, having to hold out his arms to keep from falling. Whoa…dizzy… He could see nothing by this time. The park, the Sun, the city, it all faded away. Grey felt as if he was standing in an empty void which, to him, actually seemed true. Then…his vision darkened again. He was left in complete utter darkness.

Where the hell am I!? Grey’s voice called out from the abyss.

Rest. All will be explained in good time. A soothing voice came, the words resonating in his head. Grey couldn’t tell if it was a male or female. The words were just…there.

Damn it! Tell me- He didn’t finish. In a split second, his thoughts were just gone.

~~~

“Do you think we acted too soon?†Alaric’s voice spoke.

“I’m not sure. We didn’t have another option. We have to move quickly before all is lost.†The same soothing voice from Grey’s head replied.

“I sometimes wish we had another option…†Alaric whispered so quietly that his companion could not hear.

.::~Chapter Twelve: Morning Already?~::.

A few rays of sunshine came into the room, hitting the sleeping girl. As the sun rose, the light began to brush against her face and illuminate her hair. The girl groaned as she pulled a pillow over her head to shield herself from the light. “Ngh…†She closed her eyes tighter, trying to get back to sleep. A loud beeping noise at her bedside went off.

“Stupid alarm.†Her muffled voice came from underneath the pillow as she reached out towards the sound with her delicate hand. She searched desperately for her clock before finally giving up and removing the pillow. The girl sat up slowly and opened her eyes to see the alarm clock. I just want to sleep a little more… She thought, pushing a button to stop the annoying beeping. After tossing the baby blue sheets back, she turned and set her bare feet down against the cold wooden floor, causing her to shiver. Her brown eyes gazed out of the window while she finally stood up.

The events of yesterday flashed through her mind. It all seemed so far away and unreal. Why would anything like that happen to her? What would cause a man to stalk her and try to…She shook her head and wiped her now tear stained face with the back of her hand. She realized how lucky she was just to come out of it alive, but unlike from the stories she had heard happen to other girls, she was saved before that man had his way with her. Grey’s voice came into her mind, maybe that’s what made everything seem like some kind of illusion. His own voice was just so distant.

“Krystal!†Her mother’s voice came from down the hall, making her snap out of it. “Get ready for school, sleepy!â€

Great. School. Krystal hated it for several reasons. Why today? She complained in her head, hesitantly moving towards her closet. Today wasn’t going to be her day.

.::~Chapter Thirteen: Just A Regular Day...~::.

Krystal arrived at school, having to walk(as always) there. She stared down at the clothes she was wearing, knowing she would just blend into the crowd wearing a dark green long sleeve shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and her favorite black hoodie which was warmer than people thought.

She headed towards the cafeteria which wasn’t too large due to the fact that there weren’t many students in the entire school. Everyone knew everyone and if you started out on the wrong foot with someone, it usually meant that you were enemies for life with that person. That was part of the reason why Krystal didn’t have many friends, she was afraid of doing something wrong and having someone hold a grudge against her.

After sitting down in the far end of one of the many circular white tables(the school had a reputation for keeping them spotless), Krystal dropped her dark blue backpack hastily as she pulled out a chair and sat down. She lifted her hands to rub her aching shoulders since she wasn’t exactly a very physically fit person. “Why do I have to carry so many books?†She complained, hating that her teachers forced her to carry everything around. At least my backpack hasn’t broken by now… Krystal thought, finally lowering her hands when the throbbing ceased and twisting her head to check if one of her friends was coming. Nobody came. Letting out an impatient sigh, Krystal leaned over and unzipped her backpack to take out a sheet of paper with one hand while using the other to search inside her pocket and grab a pencil. She slapped the paper down on the table and bit down on her eraser absent mindedly as she wondered what to do with the sheet. To draw…or to write?

“Krystal?†Came a very high pitched girlish voice a few feet behind her, making her lose her train of thought…or lack of it.

“Huh?†Krystal dropped her pencil and nearly jumped out of her seat when she heard her name. The voice came from her friend, Michelle.

“Doing something?†Michelle asked as she moved up closer towards Krystal and peered over her to see the blank paper. “Trying to draw something? Write something?†Typical Michelle, curious as always.

“Just thinking…†Krystal mumbled, motioning towards the seat on her right hand side. “Will you sit?â€

“Of course!†Her friend replied happily, lazily tossing her own, much smaller and brightly colored, green backpack onto the table which almost landed on Krystal’s paper.

“Watch it!†She warned, scooting her chair and paper a little bit away from Michelle, watching her mouth sorry. “It’s…alright.â€

“How did yesterd-†Michelle was cut off by a loud bang that sounded off from outside the cafeteria. She spun around towards the cafeteria’s entrance doors in her seat, trying to see what the noise was. “Senior pranks already? Fireworks could get someone suspended.†The doors flew open as one of the “football jocks†staggered in, clutching his stomach. A red substance stained his leather jacket and dripped down towards his pants and to the floor. The boy’s ice blue eyes searched desperately amongst his classmates as he opened his mouth to speak.

“H-help…†He managed to say before falling over to his side, eyes wide open in shock.

Everyone in the cafeteria began screaming, Krystal stared at the lifeless body unable to move. She felt someone’s arm pull her out of her chair and a high pitched voice shout at her. “Come on! Let’s go!†Krystal moved along with the one dragging her, never taking her eyes off the dead boy. The two stopped suddenly.

“Everyone stay where you are!†A male voice yelled, his voice cracking a little.

Krystal heard the one beside her mutter “Damn!†under her breath, finally recognizing it as Michelle’s voice. This is how it ends…?

.::~Chapter Fourteen: Calm Acceptance~::.

Grey rose to his feet slowly, shaking from the effort and breathing heavily. He wiped some blood off his lower lip with the back of his left hand before . “Ugh…†He lifted his head to see the two men that had dragged him into this mess. How did this even happen…?

*~Thirty Minutes Ago~*

He opened his eyes, gasping for air as he felt his face pressed against a cold floor. Grey rolled onto his back before lifting his legs up and flipping back onto his feet with a forceful push from his hands. “W-what happened?†He asked, his vision blurry. He could tell that there was a faint orange glow in front of him. As Grey’s vision cleared, he noticed that he was in some kind of…very old library. Two hooded men were standing a few feet away, both wearing dark reddish-brown robes. One of them had his left hand held up near his chest, the only source of light in the room came from that man’s hand. Feels too real to be a dream…

“Boy. Come closer.†The one with the lit hand spoke, his voice was deep and it resonated throughout the entire library.

Obediently, not knowing what else to do, Grey stepped slowly towards the two. “Who are yo-â€

“I am Alaric.†The deep voiced man spoke, bowing his head slightly as his sign of greeting.

The other one had a voice that nearly scared Grey, his voice was just so cold it made him shiver. “I am Nex.â€

They sound pretty damn creepy… Grey wished he understood what was going on, one minute he was at the park, the next minute it went pitch black, and now he was talking to two complete strangers. He crossed his arms and looked at both of them, the one named Alaric had a muscular build, he was at least three or four inches taller than Grey(who was only six feet tall) while the other was just barely shorter than Grey and very thin.

“So…I’m not dreaming, am I?†Grey asked, letting out a low whistle.

“No.†Alaric answered simply.

“Why am I here?â€

“Because you have to do what we say.†Nex responded in his deathly tone.

“Obviously…otherwise I’d walk out right now…Wait! I should do that right now since I doubt you two could stop me.†Grey smiled to himself as he turned around, starting to walk away from the two men. Before he knew it, he was knocked to the floor and being dragged by the collar of his black jacket. “Ngh…†He groaned as he closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again he found himself in a large white room that showed no signs of having an entrance or an exit. “Where’d you people take me?†The one holding him by the collar let go, causing Grey’s head to fall and smack against the white floor…which was oddly warm for some reason. He groaned as he stood up and brushed some dust off his shoulder, seeing the two men just standing still about twenty feet away.

“We have some explaining to do. Alaric, you tell him.†Nex said.

Alaric rolled his shoulders before clearing his throat and beginning a long speech. “As you’ve figured, you’re not like a human. You’re stronger, faster, your senses are so much better, your body temperature is higher, and some of your physical attributes are…inhuman. It’s obvious you’re not human. Do you know what you are?â€

Grey stepped backwards, partially because this “Alaric†was telling him the truth and partially because…he was afraid of what type of thing he was if he wasn’t human. “That’s all interesting…but I don’t want to waste my time here.†Once again, Grey turned his back on the two only to find Nex already in front of him. “Out of my wa-†Nex’s fist connected with Grey’s face, sending him flying backwards nearly fifty feet. When he landed on the ground, he felt as if all the strength in his body had just flowed out and dissipated.

“Be a good boy and stop trying to escape.†Nex laughed, the sound of it echoing through Grey’s brain and practically freezing it. I h-hate that guy!

Alaric continued with his speech as if nothing had happened. “Nex and I are angels. We cannot leave this place. The library, this room, and one other place has been our prison for longer than you could imagine. And you…well, you’re not like us. Although you are an angel of some sort…We know your history. The choice you’ve made, the power you have, your destiny! Your destiny is to help us. To free others like us from this accursed fate!†Alaric rose his hands above his head, as if trying to reach for something. “You don’t have a choice, Grey. Your destiny has been decided for you. You cannot be selfish and deny such an honorable task such as this. All you have to do is kill the fallen angels that will soon arrive one by one, pretending to be those which will save mankind but in actuality they will damn them all!â€

“You guys have quite a story…†Grey pushed himself up with his hands, still unable to stand. “Oddly enough…as much as I hate Nex for hitting me and creeping me out…I think I believe you.†Still…why am I not freaking out? Even by believing them…shouldn’t I even try to doubt them instead of simply accepting it? “Killing angels…that’s gonna be hard.†He muttered quietly to himself.

Grey rose to his feet slowly, shaking from the effort and breathing heavily. He wiped some blood off his lower lip with the back of his left hand before . “Ugh…†He lifted his head to see Alaric and Nex. How did this even happen…? He thought, wishing he could complain.

“You’re weak right now…but you’ll grow to become far stronger than us.†Alaric stated.

“Why does it feel like I don’t have any powers? I saw your hand glow. Why can’t I-†Grey was cut off.

“I guess I’ll briefly describe what every angel can do. We obviously have wings, how many one has is dependant on the class of angel. We can hide them at will. We have the ability to control…something similar what the humans call fire. And I already told you that we’re physically and mentally superior to humans. Each angel is unique…our voices and eye color are the most varying physical trait other than the obvious…all but the highest order of angels have black hair like ours.†As he said this, Grey ran a hand through his impossibly dark hair. “Each angel has their own special…power you could say-â€

“What’s mine?†Grey blurted out.

“I was getting to that…You could call it. The power of potential.†Alaric took a deep breath. “You’re wondering why you don’t have all your abilities. You’ve lost some. I’m not sure why…†He trailed off and said no more.

Potential? What the hell is that? Grey closed his eyes, thinking of everything that was just said. It was a lot to take in. And he knew it was all true.

.::~Chapter Fifteen: Bang.~::.

Krystal, along with all the other students had been lined up against the cafeteria wall, the only one large enough and empty enough to have room for them. About five students had to cram in near the corner and bend the line a bit by putting their backs against the next wall. She closed her eyes, holding back tears as she listened to people whisper to each other, trying to comfort and console one another.

The one responsible for this was Daniel, a thin and tall lanky boy with very pale skin, dull blue eyes, dirty blond hair, and impossibly yellow crooked teeth. His father was…well, he was a man with way too many guns in his house. Krystal and her classmates all knew him, Daniel was the one picked on every single year since Elementary school, either for how he dressed, his inability to do anything that required physical participation, his futile attempts to get a girlfriend, his lack of hygiene and most recently the fact that his voice kept cracking. It was no secret that he was a bit of an emotional wreck and unstable. Now that he snapped, there was no telling what he would do…except kill a few students.

Michelle shook Krystal to get her to open her eyes. “H-hey? Are you still sane?†She asked, trying to make it sound like a joke but it didn’t exactly help with the situation. Krystal opened her eyes, devoid of hope, and stared at her friend.

“He’s going to…kill us, right?†Krystal choked, shaking with fear.

Michelle opened her mouth desperately wanting to contradict her but she didn’t know the answer. She glanced over at Daniel who was wearing a black sweater, an old fashioned red hunting hat, army-style cargo pants, and military boots. He had two pistols holstered on his sides, a rifle of some sort strapped to his back, and he held a revolver in his hand. His pockets were stuffed…probably packed with ammo for his weapons and even more guns.

The crazed boy pointed his revolver at a girl, Krystal didn’t remember her name although she did know that the girl had been one of the kids who had tormented Daniel throughout his life. “Get over here!†He shouted in a somewhat high pitched voice. It was a little hard to take him seriously when his voice was just so…not serious. The girl slowly scooted closer towards Daniel, too afraid to disobey him even though she knew what he would do once she came near. When she was merely a foot away, Daniel slammed the grip of the revolver against the side of her skull sending her to the ground. Blood poured out from her new wound as she tried to get back up to her feet. What happened next was unforgettable.

BANG!

It wasn’t a pretty sight. Daniel let out a cold laugh, making Krystal shudder and bury her face on Michelle’s shoulder who was too shocked to even move or make a sound. The other students yelled and gasped as they witnessed their fellow classmate have her life taken from her.

“Right in between the eyes!†Daniel yelled like a madman, laughing and waving his gun in front of the others. “Who wants to be next!?†Several painfully long seconds passed. Nobody moved. “No one wants to step up? FINE! I’LL PICK ONE OF YOU LITTLE B*TCHES MYSELF!†He aimed the revolver at a group of people in the corner. The students tried moving out of the way of Daniel‘s gun, hugging against the wall.

BANG!

A boy fell over, blood splattered on the wall and spilling out of his neck.

“NEXT!†Daniel’s voice called out.

BANG!

A girl yelled in agony, sliding down against the wall and clutching her stomach as her hand was stained with the red fluid.

BANG!

A few feet away to Krystal’s left, a boy fell over without even making another sound afterwards. He was dead.

BANG!

Krystal felt Michelle’s grasp on her arm vanish. She looked over to see what was wrong. Michelle was holding her right arm, bending over in pain. “Michelle!†Krystal yelled, tears streaming from her face.

“Maybe you should’ve kept your mouth shut.†Daniel’s merciless voice came. Krystal turned her head to notice that his gun was pointing right at her. “Last bullet.†Were the last two words she heard. Then everything went hazy after the next sound.

BANG!

.::~Chapter Sixteen: Maybe~::.

*~Six Minutes Before Michelle Was Shot~*

Grey opened his eyes, expecting to see Nex and Alaric again. Instead, he found himself in an empty hallway with several doors on each side. “What is this, a school?†He asked, wishing someone was there to answer him. Grey turned his head left and right, trying to find Nex and Alaric. They must’ve sent me here…Why? He took a few steps forward, his footsteps barely making a sound against the dull yellow floor.

BANG!

He heard screaming in the distance, somewhere inside the building. Grey sped towards the noise, his eyes giving off an unnatural glow under the florescent lighting. What the hell!? In another split second he was standing in front of the entrance of the school’s cafeteria. There were a few drops of blood leading towards it. Is this why they brought me here?

BANG!

Grey heard a familiar voice shout. “Michelle!†He moved over towards the dark blue metal doors, peeking through the window of the left door. A scrawny boy holding a revolver with a crazed look on his face spoke. Grey didn’t care what he said, the boy was obviously the shooter and had to be taken down before anyone was hurt.

The boy aimed the revolver.

BANG!

The bullet made contact with Grey’s outstretched right hand an inch away from the barrel while his left connected with the shooter’s cheek. The boy flew back and crashed against a wall, blood trickling from his head. He didn’t get up.

There were a few gasps and shouts as Grey made his sudden appearance. He raised his eyebrow and lowered his hands, stuffing them in his pockets and avoiding eye contact with everyone as he searched for anymore wounded. There were several dead bodies, one boy near the entrance of the cafeteria, a girl close to the center, a few slumped against the wall…only two seemed to have survived. One girl who had blood dripping from her arm and another girl who was clutching her stomach. Even though the shooter was knocked out…or dead, nobody made a move. Grey spoke, wanting to get the attention off of him.

“Are you people stupid!? Get a goddam ambulance!†There were a few whispers and voices speaking in confusion for a moment before a boy took out a cell phone and dialed a number, speaking quickly. These idiots are too slow! As Grey turned, ready to leave the cafeteria he caught a glimpse of a girl who was on the floor, someone he recognized. “K-Krystal?†In a blur of motion he was already kneeling by her side. Next to Krystal was another girl, the one with the arm wound. He glanced over at the girl who was shaking uncontrollably, probably from pain, and staring down at Krystal. “What happened here?†Grey asked.

The girl looked up at him with her dim blue eyes and spoke slowly in her girlish voice. “D-Daniel…h-he…shot some kids and…†Her voice trailed off as she began sobbing, tears running down her face.

Grey figured he wouldn’t get anything else from her and returned his attention back to Krystal. He had already saved her twice now and found that very…interesting. Since he rarely made contact with others, just having been with her for a few moments made him think of her as something close to a friend. As he examined her body for any signs of injury, which she didn’t have, he finally took in the physical features of her body. Her skin was a bit darker than most of the students, she had dark brown hair about three inches passed her shoulders, and-

“Who are you?†The wounded girl asked already having calmed down a bit forcing him to snap out of it.

“I’m the one who saved Krystal’s life.†Grey simply responded, feeling cold for having ignored the fact that he wasn’t even trying to help the girl next to him. “Err…do you need me to take you to a hospital? Krystal just seems to have fainted. And who are you?â€

“Y-yes. Please…And you can call me M-Michelle…†She stuttered.

Grey slowly stood up, taking Michelle’s good arm to help her back to her feet. I really doubt carrying the other girl would help her with that wound… He thought, shifting his eyes over towards the girl who was shot in the stomach.

“Thank you…You really did come just in time.†Michelle spoke, leaning on Grey for support. “Are you some kind of hero or angel sent by God?†She joked, saying it to keep her mind off of the recent events.

“Maybe I am…†Grey mumbled, keeping his right hand in his pocket as he held onto the fragments of the bullet. Or maybe I’m something so much more worse.

.::~Chapter Seventeen: Not Normal~::.

“She’s getting up.†Someone said from a few feet away, although it was still hard to distinguish it from male or female.

“Just give her some room!†Another voice shouted, this one obviously feminine.

Krystal’s eyes slowly opened, seeing a group of people hovering over her. Seeing her wake up, all but one moved back. She closed her eyes again since the group was shielding her from the light and her eyes didn’t adjust. She raised a hand over her face, cautiously opening her eyes again. “What…happened…?†Krystal asked weakly, lowering her hand once she felt she could look around without feeling pain. She finally recognized who was still next to her, Vivian, another old friend of Krystal’s. She was probably the opposite of Michelle, she didn’t wear anything “girly†and didn’t have such a high pitched voice.

“Daniel happened. Then…some boy came and saved the day.†Vivian replied slowly, turning around and sitting beside Krystal against the wall.

“Some…boy?†Krystal twisted her head to stare at her friend in confusion.

“Yeah. Tall, black leather jacket, black-very black-hair, and…well…it could’ve just been me but, I think his eyes were golden or yellow or somethin’.†Vivian sighed and ran her index finger along her dark red waist length hair. “And I think he knew you too. After he beat the living hell out of Daniel, he saw you and ran over to see if you were alive.â€

Krystal opened her mouth, taking a minute to take in all the information. Could it have been Grey? She shifted her bright eyes away from Vivian and looked for Michelle. “Viv? Where’s Michelle?â€

“She got shot-†Krystal gasped loudly, cutting her off momentarily. “Let me finish!†Krystal nodded slowly, closing her mouth quickly. “As I was saying, she got shot in the arm. That boy who saved us, mainly you because you were next--Daniel even fired a shot but the cops didn‘t find where the bullet ended up! Anyways! He took her to a hospital about ten minutes ago. Eh…it takes about ten minutes to get there so I think he‘ll be back…in twenty minutes or so. If he comes back.â€

Krystal lowered her head and took several deep breaths, her heart was pounding. “Oh…†She began wondering why they were still in the cafeteria after all of the recent events, then again, they weren’t being shot at…yet. The two large cafeteria doors flung wide open, making everyone look at who opened them. Krystal stared at the tall male who walked in. “Grey.†She mumbled breathlessly.

The remaining students, and the police who had arrived soon after Grey’s departure, watched as he calmly strode towards Krystal, keeping his eyes set on her.

“It’s the boy!†Vivian whispered in Krystal’s ear.

Grey stopped right in front of the two girls, not even glancing at Vivian or acknowledging her presence. “You’re awake, huh?†Krystal could feel Vivian shudder as she heard Grey’s distant voice.

“Yeah…†Krystal said shyly, staring up at Grey. She tried pushing herself up to her feet, using her hands for support but she was too weak and just feel back down.

“Let me help.†Grey leaned down, grabbing Krystal lightly by the arm and pulling her up to stand.

As soon as she was on her feet, Krystal staggered forward a bit and pressed her hands against Grey’s chest to keep from falling on him. “S-sorry…uh…could we talk, outside?â€

Grey raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly, moving back to let Krystal stand on her own. “You can walk, right?â€

“I think so.†She muttered quietly, before heading towards the cafeteria exit and glancing quickly over at Vivian who just gave her a thumbs up.

Krystal walked carefully, trying not to fall over or trip over something. She assumed Grey was following since she could just feel him, it was so much warmer when he was nearby. “Thanks for everything.†She whispered, opening a door to go outside.

“Saving you is starting to get more interesting.†Was all she heard from him as she slowed her pace and finally came to a halt on the grass outside the school.

“How did you do it?†She curiously asked, knowing that he was the only one who could give her an answer as to how he got to the school and how he stopped an armed student. Krystal turned around, closely inspecting her two-time hero. There wasn’t a single bullet hole on him. As she stared at Grey, her eyes began taking in the lesser details of his body. He wasn’t broad shouldered, wasn’t exactly someone who looked too muscular instead, he was lean, about five or six inches taller than Krystal, had no mustache or beard, one of his hands was in his pocket while the other just hung down at his side, and his eyes…

“I was walking nearby, heard something, and saved the day.†Grey simply answered as if it wasn’t important, causing Krystal to snap out of it.

“How did you get there in time? And what about Michelle? You got here so quickly! And what about the bullet that Daniel fired at me?â€

Grey took a step back from the barrage of questions. “To answer your first two questions, I’m fast. The last one…well, how do I know?†He shifted the hand in his pocket around uncomfortably, a movement that Krystal noticed.

“Let me see your hand.†She said suspiciously.

“Why?†Grey quickly asked.

“Just let me see it.â€

He sighed and lowed his head, drawing his clenched fist out of the pocket and holding it out towards Krystal.

“What’s in your hand?†She questioned.

“Just don’t freak out.†Grey opened up his hand, keeping hip palm upwards to reveal broken pieces and shards of what seemed to be the remains of a bullet.

Krystal stepped back, her eyes widening as she opened her mouth, only able to ask one final question. “You’re not…normal are you…?â€

.::~Chapter Eighteen: Almost~::.

Grey lowered his head and took a deep breath before looking back at Krystal. He shook his head, having absolutely nothing to say at the moment.

“So…you…caught the bullet? With your hand?†Krystal slowly asked, staring up at him with her bright brown eyes.

“Yup.â€

“Was your hand just in the way of the bullet or…was the gun fired, then you caught it?†Krystal mumbled shyly.

“Second one.†Grey stated quickly, getting uncomfortable with the questions.

“You’re fast…you didn’t get hurt…what else can you do?†Grey rolled his eyes and turned around after hearing her question. “Please! I want to know.†Krystal said desperately, grabbing Grey’s arm and tugging on his jacket sleeve.

“Fine. I don’t know why you’re so curious or why you’re bothering me about it, but…my power is called the power of potential. Happy?†Grey tugged his arm away from her grasp and turned to completely face Krystal again. “I’ve tried being normal.â€

Krystal quickly twisted her head, looking off to the side to avoid making eye contact this time. “Just…be yourself.†She said in a whisper, her cheeks a bright shade of red.

“I don’t know what that is yet. When I learn, I’ll tell you.†He sighed in frustration and calmed his voice. “I’ve gotta go…Stuff to do…†Grey stepped to the side and walked passed Krystal, leaving her standing there. “I know what you’re thinking.†He paused, slowing down and stopping. “You’ll see me again. Hopefully things aren’t so bad when I see ya.†Grey laughed to himself before continuing, actually having no particular destination to go to.

Maybe I should’ve been nicer…Ah well. I’ll apologize later. Hm. I wish I had something to do…

~~

“That’s too soon! We said-†Alaric’s voice was cut off quickly by the bone chilling voice belonging to Nex.

“FORGET WHAT WAS SAID! What will happen will happen. And it will happen today.†His voice echoed throughout the library for several moments.

“Grey isn’t-â€

“Ready?†Nex interrupted.

“Isn’t going to be subtle.†Alaric corrected before going into a coughing fit that lasted for nearly a minute. When he quieted down he spat on the ground and placed a hand under his chin, rubbing it thoughtfully. “I bet it’s going to be messy.†Alaric walked away from Nex before he could hear a reply.

“Compared to what I’ve seen. It’s going to be a walk in the park, so to speak.†A soothing voice from the distance called to Alaric.

Alaric lowered his voice so Nex could not hear him. “Michael…†He whispered in a tone of surprise.

“The time is near…my old friend.â€

.::~Chapter Nineteen: A Sudden Fight~::.

After having placed a good distance between himself and Krystal, Grey stopped walking. He looked over his shoulder, seeing how far the school was. He had stopped in an empty field, one that was probably used for sports practice of some kind. There were several white lines on the grass marking various measurements and boundaries. “Big.†He commented, crossing his arms.

His vision suddenly grew dark, fading for several moments before his surroundings began giving off a white glow and his sight becoming hazy. “Ugh…†Grey stumbled forward, lifting his left hand to his head. The change in his vision was so sudden he nearly fell down. What’s going on?! He heard dull roar, sounding like a mix of a waterfall and a fire , coming from behind him. Grey spun around, nearly losing his balance in the process as his vision went red. What seemed like a tear in the air right in front of him, poured light out. It was if reality itself had been ripped. A glowing figure stepped out as the tear behind the…thing vanished and the surroundings(and Grey’s vision) returned to their normal state.

Grey stared in confusion at the one who had just appeared. The first thing he noticed was that the one in front of him was dressed completely in white and…well, it was a male with cold purple eyes.

“You’re an angel, eh? I’ve been hearing that you’re hear with these fake messages.†Grey said after a moment of silence.

“I’m one of the many that will be sent for the good of all mankind.†The male answered, shaking his head slowly. “I do not lie.â€

“That’s a load of crap.†Grey quickly responded, glaring at the male who stood at the same height as him. “What isn’t a lie is that I’ll kick your ass and make sure that whatever you’re trying to accomplish doesn’t happen.â€

The male laughed and grinned, shaking his head once again. “Foolish boy. You cannot stop what has been planned out for longer than you have existed.â€

“Give me your name so I know what to put on your tombstone.†Grey clenched his fists, ready to make the first move.

“I am known as Flytte-†As soon as he spoke his name, Grey’s fist rammed into his stomach, sending the male backwards and onto the grass floor. He rose to his feet quickly, his clothes unstained. “That was ru-†He ducked, Grey’s leg passing right over his head.

“Stay still so this’ll be less painful!†Grey shouted, drawing his left arm back as he swung his fist at Flytte’s head. Before the blow made contact, Flytte simply vanished from sight. Grey stood still, raising an eyebrow. “What th-†Something hit his back, making him jolt forward and fall towards the ground. He rolled as he touched the ground and spun around, kicking once more at where he knew his opponent would be at.

Flytte didn’t have time to move out of the way, the attack hit him on his side and forced him on the ground. He vanished once again before Grey could follow up with another attack.

“Damn it!†Grey yelled in frustration.

“Can’t keep an eye on someone that can move anywhere at will?†Flytte’s voice came behind him.

“You’re still losing!†Grey immaturely retorted, suddenly taking a long step backwards and slamming his elbow into the other angel’s chest.

~~

“He’s not making such a big mess. He’s just being a bit of a loudmouth.†Michael stated quietly, smiling a little to himself.

“Kid’s good at improvising.†Alaric’s rough voice responded. “Still. I wonder how he’ll manage to kill him. Without the angel’s fire to help…it’ll probably be bloody. That just disturbs me…â€

“Sadly this must be done. We cannot succeed if any of us shows any signs of hesitance.†Michael replied, turning away from Alaric. “Sacrifices must be made. It can’t happen any other way.â€

.::~Chapter Twenty: Dust In The Wind~::.

Grey took in several deep breaths, a thin streak of blood running down his left cheek. His clothes were dirty, torn, and even had several burns on them. Although his opponent, Flytte was fairing no better. Flytte had already acquired several bruises and possibly a few broken bones. Both were tired and both had no intentions of giving up just yet.

“Even with all that teleporting you’re still losing.†Grey stated, bending his knees as he prepared to lunge at the other angel.

“Just….a…minor….setback.†Flytte slowly said as he panted. He clenched his fists as they were set alight in flames, that being the reason why Grey’s clothes were burned.

Grey growled and leapt at him, tackling him to the ground and pinning Flytte’s arms down. He then head butted Flytte, ignoring the searing pain that spread throughout his arms which were being burnt by the fire. Grey did it a second time, this hit making the flames extinguish. He’s getting weak! And…I’ve got a massive headache. Grey knew that his battle would soon be over. Letting go of Flytte’s arms, he began sending him a barrage of punches all directed at his head. In a matter of moments, his opponent stopped moving, blood pouring out from Flytte’s skull and onto the grass.

Grey rose to his feet slowly, his fists aching and stained with blood. “Not much of a fighter, were you?†He hissed, not at all bothered by the fact that he had made his first kill.

What happened next was a bit of a shock to him. The blood and body of the fallen angel began glowing and soon started fading.

“What the hell…?†Lightning came and hit the body of the angel and caused it to transform into a small cloud of golden dust. Did…did that just happen? There isn’t even a storm going on… Grey raised an eyebrow and cautiously stepped back, a little afraid that he would be struck next. The cloud of dust floated closer to him, shrinking as it drew near. “Stay back.†He warned, knowing that dust could not even understand or react to his words. The golden dust brushed against his body, causing all the dirt, burns, and tears of his clothes to vanish.

He lowered his head, examining his fixed clothes. “Errrr…thanks?†Grey looked back up at the dust, it now forming a ring around him. “What’s going on?†He spun, trying to see if there was an opening in the formation. There wasn’t, it completely surrounded him. The dust began spinning faster and faster as it began enclosing around him. He felt the blood running down his cheek cease and the pains on his body fade.

Grey blinked in surprise, when his eyes opened the cloud was gone and he was left with a strange new feeling and a surge of strength replenishing him. “I guess strange clouds of dust are healthy for an angel.†He joked, staring down at his clothes. “Wow…†His ears picked up something behind him, a sound of someone yelling. Grey lifted his head and turned around to see Krystal running straight at him. Great. Another wave of questions are gonna be shot right at me…maybe I would’ve preferred that lightning turning me into glowing dust. At least it looks nice and doesn’t have to deal with so many inquisitions.

.::~Chapter Twenty-One: Talk~::.

Panting, Krystal struggled to catch her breath after having ran up to Grey. “…What was…that…all about?â€â€ She said in between breaths, lifting her head to stare at Grey with her bright brown eyes.

“What was what about?†Grey replied indifferently, avoiding eye contact.

“I heard some…noises. And I thought I saw lightning…I was-†Krystal was soon cut off by Grey.

“Was what? Worried? You already know I’m not human. So why bother?†He growled, glancing over at her.

Krystal raised an eyebrow and stepped closer towards him, having caught a glimpse of his eyes. “Look at me again…†She said in a whisper, raising herself up on her toes to get near his face.

“Why?†Grey responded quickly, turning his head over towards her to look her in the eye anyways which caused the curious girl to open her mouth slightly in awe.

“Part of your eyes…there’s a shade of purple in them now.†She slowly stated, reaching her a hand out towards his face.

Grey pulled back quickly, swatting Krystal’s hand away. “Purple? You’re seeing things, girl.†That other angel…he had purple eyes… He shook his head quickly, not wanting to think about it. “You really want to know what happened here, Krystal?â€

She sheepishly nodded and mouthed ‘yes’.

“Fine! I got into a fight and won. Happy?†He blurted out before taking in a deep breath. It’s hard to keep something from someone like her… He stood quiet for a moment before continuing. “I’m sorry I’ve been harsh with you. Things just haven’t been…normal for me lately.â€

Krystal gazed up at Grey and smiled slightly. “I knew something was bothering you. Even though I’ve only known you for a day…Do you want to-â€

“Talk about it? Yes, I think I do.†He finished for her, already knowing she was going to ask it. “Maybe…uh…hm…We…could…Err…†Grey rubbed his chin in thought, trying to find the right words to add.

Krystal’s face heated up as she quickly lowered her head and stared at the ground. “Call it a…date?†She mumbled quietly.

“Yeah! That!†Grey nearly shouted before clamping his mouth shut in embarrassment. “When…do we this?†He began, having no clue on what time he would have to meet her.

“Isn’t seven or eight the usual time a guy wants to start a date…?†Krystal whispered, hesitantly looking at Grey who seemed to have no idea what to do.

“Just to warn you. I don’t own a car.†He took a step back and began to turn away from her.

“I’m fine with walking. And you remember where I live, right?†She questioned, watching as Grey started walking away.

“Of course!†Grey exclaimed. “I don’t forget anything!†Except my past…but that’s not too important! I think…

Krystal smiled to herself and spun on her heel, heading back slowly towards the school. A lot’s happened…but maybe tonight can be better. She hopefully thought to herself. After all. It’s not like he attracts trouble.

.::~Chapter Twenty-Two: Dates Make Me Sick~::.

An alarm followed a spilt second later by a loud thud echoed throughout the nearly empty apartment. As he moved his hand back away from the now damaged clock, the time 7 PM flashed across its display. He headed over towards a lone mirror hanging from a plain white wall.

A pair of shining yellow eyes stared back at the raven haired male. Leaning in closely, he took a careful inspection of his appearance. He black button up shirt with some wispy white markings on the lower left side and on its back, a pair of dark blue jeans, and black shoes. His clothes were free of any wrinkles and spotless…neatly kept unlike his messy hair.

“I wish I could at least do something about it.†He complained, flattening his left hand over it and trying to smooth down his hair. No matter what he did, some kept sticking up. Sighing, he moved back, catching a glint of…an odd shade of color through the mirror. Getting curious, he peered back through the mirror to try and find what he saw.

“Great…just great!†Grey let out a frustrated groan and moved his face closer towards the mirror, seeing a slight hint of purple in the corners of his eyes. My eyes are gaining more color! Now I’m getting weirder! He sighed and turned away from the mirror, glancing over at the time once more. 7:01 PM it read. I move too fast… He walked over towards the door, leaving his apartment as he went on his way to get to pick up Krystal.

~~

Krystal stepped out of the bathroom, steam flowing out of the door as she pulled a baby blue towel away from her hair. She smiled and stretched, slowly walking over towards the large antique mirror in her room that looked out of place compared to the more…modern pieces of furniture. She brushed her hair out of her eyes and looked herself over, hoping she was at least presentable. Krystal smoothed her hands over her emerald dress and frowned, thinking that Grey wouldn’t like it. I wonder what he likes…What do all mysterious guys like? She sat down on her bed, feeling that she wasn’t ready for the date. Her eyes shifted to the time, seeing that her clock read 7:02 PM.

“I wonde-†She was cut off at the sound of knocking. Already? He’s fast! She sped towards the door, trying her best not to trip. She unlocked at and spoke loud enough so that whoever was outside could hear her. “Can you open the door? It’s unlocked and…I’m not sure I want to embarrass myself.â€

With a loud creak, the door slid open to reveal Grey standing behind it. “Hey.†He said coolly, smiling a little.

Krystal felt her face heat up as she lowered her head, lacing her fingers delicately together in front of her. “Hey.†She whispered in response.

“I think I know where to take you.†Grey quietly said, taking a step back and motioning for her to come outside. “Come on.â€

She took a step forward as something she feared what would happen occurred. Her foot brushed against the doorstop and caused her to trip. As her face rushed to meet the ground, her descent was suddenly stopped.

“Got’cha.†She heard Grey say, as she felt herself being placed back on her feet.

“T-thanks.†Krystal stuttered as her cheeks turned a bright shade of red. She turned around quickly, trying to hide her face as she closed and locked the front door.

Feeling a little awkward, Grey remained silent for several moments. “…Uh…so…shall we?†He muttered when he felt he could speak again.

Krystal nodded and didn’t speak, instinctively linking her arm around his.

Grey almost pulled away but then thought that it would offend Krystal. Might as well just bare with this. It…isn’t too bad I guess. He took a few steps forward with Krystal as he continued thinking to himself. I guess this is my first…date. Something in the pit of stomach made him feel a little sick…although another part of him knew that he wouldn’t regret taking Krystal out.

.::~Chapter Twenty-Three: That Was A Short Date~::.

“He should be expecting a surprise soon.†Nex’s cold voice echoed through the library.

“Well, not as if he’s doing anything important now anyways.†Alaric spoke, illuminating the dark library to reveal the two. “Then again, the boy might be lucky enough to finish what he’s doing now an-â€

“You’re talking too much! Just let me think to myself now.†Nex angrily cut off.

Alaric mumbled something to himself and took a few steps back before turning on the spot and heading to the other side of the library. “Michael…what now?â€

~~

Grey nearly dropped several coins as he hastily drew out the little money he had in his pocket. “Sorry.†He muttered towards Krystal who seemed ready to laugh at him.

“You should get a wallet.†She teased, folding her arms as she watched Grey slap down a few crumpled up bills and several coins.

“Eh. Whatever.†Grey responded dismissively. The woman who was behind the counter looked a little upset due to the mess Grey left on the counter. She counted the money and soon stuffed it into the cash register.

A well dressed male, probably in his early twenties, walked up to the two and motioned for them to follow him. “Follow me to your table, please.†He said politely before spinning on his heel and walking away from them.

“Since when did fancy places start charging up front?†Grey whispered towards Krystal as they followed the young male.

“I don’t know. This is my first real date.†Krystal shyly replied, lowering her eyes as she slowed her pace and trailed a bit behind Grey. They soon stopped near a small wooden table at the corner of the restaurant where the lights were dimmed.

“I will be right back to take your order.†The male quickly said, giving them a small bow before leaving two plain looking black menus on the table. He left the two without another word.

Grey instinctively pulled out a chair for Krystal, as he did so he heard her giggle. “You’re a little jumpy.â€

He glanced over at her and raised an eyebrow before realizing what she meant. He laughed nervously and moved away from the chair. “I’m just trying to do this right, that’s all.†He said quietly before heading towards his own seat and sitting down. He watched as Krystal did the same before asking a question that had been bugging him ever since the date was planned. “So why exactly did you want to go out with someone you just met?â€

Krystal stared down at the menu, probably pretending to decide what she wanted even though she already knew what to order. “You saved me twice already.†She whispered.

“No other reasons? Come on, there has to be something else.†Grey said, completely ignoring the menu, he was rarely hungry, it wasn’t as if he didn’t need to eat, he just rarely wanted to.

“Well…there’s just something about you.†Krystal finally said, still avoiding eye contact.

Something about me? That has to be the stupidest thing I-

“May I take your order?†The waiter’s voice cut off Grey’s thoughts.

Both Krystal and Grey slowly turned towards him, unsure of who should answer first. Krystal, sensing that Grey was not planning on ordering before she did, spoke first. “I’ll uh…take a salad and I want a glass of tea.â€

The waiter nodded and wrote it down before looking at Grey who then simply waved dismissively at the waiter to make him go. Grey took in a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak.

“You don’t want to eat?†Krystal curiously asked before he said anything, her bright eyes looking him over as if expecting him to give her some cryptic answer. “Do you eat…?â€

“I’m not hungry.†Grey mumbled, lowering his head to give a blank stare at the table. “I eat.â€

“What do you eat?†She continued, sounding almost like a little child who had to ask “why†for everything.

“What? Do you expect me to say something like, I drink blood? And no, I don’t eat souls either. I don’t eat anything you’d find out of the ordinary, I don’t go hunting either. My favorite thing to eat is pizza but I’ll eat quite a few things as long as it doesn’t look disgusting.†He answered before letting out a sigh. “Anymore questions?â€

“O-oh.†Krystal moved back in her seat and bit her lip, thinking of what to say next. “What exactly are you?â€

Grey almost laughed at the question, it wasn’t a good one but it was probably the most important thing she could’ve asked. “Apparently I’m an angel. A little ironic since that’s exactly what you kept calling me when we first met. Although, I wonder how I could possibly be an angel since…†His voice trailed off as memories flashed inside his head, a strike of lightning, broken glass, a man shouting, blood…

Seeing that she couldn’t go any farther with that question Krystal spoke once more. “Since you don’t know why you’re here, well…are there any others around?â€

“Yup.†Was all Grey could say seeing as how he was lost in thought. Several minutes of awkward silenced passed by, Krystal not wanting to disturb Grey since it was obvious he was in his own little world.

The waiter came and left with Krystal’s salad and drink. Soon she had finished eating and the waiter made his last round to clean the table. As he left, Grey snapped out of his trance and rose to his feet. “Sorry this wasn’t much of a date. I’ll walk you home.†He muttered.

Krystal smiled a little as she stood up and moved closer towards Grey. “It’s alright. I liked it.†She stated softly.

~~

“Is that really the only way, Michael?â€

“Yes. If we really wish to save this world, it must be done. There are two things that power can be used for, destruction and peace. You want peace don’t you?â€

“Yes but-â€

“I know what you’re thinking, Alaric. In a way, Nex has helped our cause…but the boy will have to kill him. He will learn the truth soon enough…and when he does I’ll make my move and end this once and for all.â€

“I feel sorry for him…â€

“Don’t. Humanity will benefit from this.â€

~~

“Good night, Krystal. Sleep well.â€

“Good night, Grey. You too.†The door shut slowly in front of Krystal, making a small creak as it did so. She smiled to herself as she headed towards her room, feeling happier than she normally did. She picked up her cell phone from the bed, wondering if she had gotten any messages while she was out. There were about ten texts from Michelle asking how the date had gone…and a few complaints that she didn’t ask for advice. Only one text was from Vivian that simply said “good luckâ€. Krystal smiled more before kicking off her shoes and falling on her bed, deciding to talk about it the next day, this night she would be too busy thinking about someone, specifically an angel.

.::~Chapter Twenty-Four: Not In The Apartment!~::.

A familiar alarm went off in the small room, the beeping loudly throughout the room. Krystal’s hand reached out to turn it off. She sat up in her bed, not having even changed her clothes since last night. Her eyes wandered over to her phone which had several more texts from her friends who were just dying to know of the details of the previous day. She smiled to herself, knowing that they could wait just a little longer.

~~

“Damn!†Grey said aloud, practically jumping off his bed as his eyes opened wide. He stood there next to his bed, shaking a little as he slowly reached a hand towards his cheek. Small beads of cold sweat rolled down over his fingers. He shivered and took several deep breaths, turning his head from side to side.

“You sleep too much.†An all too familiar voice spoke behind him.

Grey spun to face the voice yet he saw nothing. His room was as empty as it had been before. “Great. Now I’m hearing things.â€

“Nope.†Replied the voice from behind him.

“Enough!†Grey turned around, seeing Nex standing merely a foot away. It was a bit uncomfortable having him so close.

“You have about ten minutes before the next ones come. I suggest you get ready.†Nex coolly responded before turning his back on Grey. “There’s something else you have to know.â€

“You’re my father?†Grey joked, holding back his own laughter.

“No, boy. They want to use you. To kill Alaric and I. They’ll probably kill you afterwards as well.†Nex’s voice, oddly enough, didn’t come off as cold as it had been before. Although it still gave Grey the urge to shiver.

“Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. And…how the hell are you here? Aren’t you trapped?†Grey quickly asked, staring hard at Nex.

“I didn’t escape. This is just a little illusion. Now get ready for that fight.†With that, Nex vanished without another sound.

“Fuuuuuuuuu-†He cut himself off, feeling that something was wrong. Hey! I didn’t even get ready! He took a look around at his apartment, Grey didn’t want to trash the place. No way in hell am I fighting here! Maybe at the park…or somewhere!

~~

“Where did he take you? Did he kiss you? Did you hold hands? Did he say anything romantic? Did he use his hands on you?†Michelle bombarded Krystal with a long list of questions, most of which caused her to laugh nervously and shake her head.

“He was very…quiet. But that was my fault.†Krystal shifted uncomfortably in her seat and pushed her breakfast tray away. “Grey’s polite if that’s something you two want to hear.â€

Vivian, who was sitting beside Krystal instead of Michelle who was in front, turned her head towards Krystal and smiled a little. “It’s not important what we think about him. What do you think about Grey?â€

Michelle looked down at the table, looking as if she was pouting. “Sure. Make my questions look stupid.†She mumbled.

Krystal opened her mouth and lifted a finger, thinking of what to say. She closed her mouth and took in a deep breath. “Hm. Well…we barely know each other but I like him. Not just because he saved me either.†She looked to and from Michelle and Vivian.

By now, Michelle seemed distracted, lost in her own world as she traced her finger along an imaginary line on the table. “Every girl wants a knight in shining armor to save them…take them out…Why does she get o-†She lifted her head, seeing that Krystal and Vivian were staring at her. “Uh…I was talking out loud…wasn’t I?†The two nodded and started laughing, soon joined by Michelle.

When they calmed down Vivian was the first to speak. “Well, you knew this was coming but…Do you think you love him?â€

The question hit Krystal hard and gave her an uneasy feeling in her stomach. “U-uh…It’s…too soon. Why do you have to ask that? It’s…†She felt her face heat up as she looked down suddenly, pretending to look at an something on the cafeteria table. Why won’t the bell ring? Ugh…Hurry…

.::~Chapter Twenty-Five: Feelings of Normal~::.

Grey had found a favorable alley between two buildings that had been closed down. He stood still, taking a quick look around. It reminded him of the same place he met Krystal in. It was dark, away from the general public, and it would be the perfect place for people to get mugged in.

“So then…where’s this person I’m going to-†He swayed slightly, the air around him felt as if it was burning and he soon found it hard to breathe. Grey placed a hand on his forehead and did his best to keep from falling over. “Ugh…†He suddenly spun around and jumped backwards, feeling something sneak up behind him. Grey had just narrowly avoided getting his head chopped off by…well it seemed to be a flaming sword. The one who wielded the burning white blade was not alone. Beside the cloaked figure was, strangely enough, another cloaked figure. Both of them seemed to be of the same build and same height as Grey.

“Just my luck…†Other than the fact that one was holding a burning weapon, the only thing that distinguished one from another was that the unarmed person had emerald green eyes while the other had red eyes.

The unarmed one jumped at Grey with no warning, punching him in the gut to send him crashing into a wall. Grey pushed himself off the wall and groaned, noticing blood trickle down onto his nose. “Damn…†He watched as the same figure lunged at him again, only this time, Grey ducked and raised his knee to hit his attacker right on the chest which sent the cloaked on into the air. Grey then stepped to the side, feeling a wave of heat brush against his cheek as the other cloaked figure struck downwards with the burning sword. “You’re not killing me!†He rammed his fist into the male’s head and listened as the other angel hit the ground.

“You cannot stop us.†Grey heard a voice come from behind him. He turned and barely managed to catch a pipe headed straight for his face. The green-eyed angel had his palm pointed towards Grey.

So that’s his power. “I’m not impressed by that!†Grey twirled the pipe in his hand and charged at the one who had just tried to kill him. As he neared his opponent, he felt his muscles freeze and force him to stop. “What the…!†Grey struggled to move, finding it impossible to do anything other than speak.

“I think it’s best that you know the names of the ones who will kill you, traitor.†There was a pause. The angel who had him bound in place laughed quietly, obviously enjoying the sight of Grey’s helplessness. “My companion with the white blade is known as Raphael. His own power is…well, simply put, his inner fire burns stronger than that of most of us.†He pointed to himself after pausing once more. “My power is…well, you should have figured that out. I am Camael…the chief angel of the Powers. It is our duty to…â€

As the angel spoke, Grey felt his back heat up from Raphael’s presence nearing him. What liars…they think I’ll believe them! He felt his wrist twitch, Camael’s powers over him were already close to being broken.

“…Thus, we have been sent here to deal with you and-†Grey cut off Camael’s sentence with a single movement. He had reached behind himself to grab Raphael’s arm and thrust his burning sword straight into Camael’s heart.

“I’m not losing to weaklings like you!†With his other hand, Grey swung the pipe into Raphael’s head. The force from the impact sent him into a wall and he stood there, dazed. Grey put all his strength behind his next attack which pinned Raphael into the wall. He had rammed the pipe right into his stomach and all the way through to the brick of the surface behind Raphael.

Grey pulled back, watching as the flames died out as Raphael hunched over. Killing…I hate it. They deserved it though, right? He bit his lip as he lowered his head, hearing a familiar crash of thunder. Both bodies had turned to dust which soon found its way to Grey and melded into his skin. It all felt so normal…so natural. He had only experienced it once before and already the events seemed to feel like they were an ordinary thing. “Is this how my life is going to be? I see something once then I get used to it?†He sighed to himself, almost missing the anxiety of what would come next.

.::~Chapter Twenty-Six: Shown Potential~::.

How long has it been since I’ve been doing this?

A day?​

Two days? ................................................

If I’m so new at this, why does fighting feel so natural?

Why is it that I feel no guilt when I kill? I thought I did the last time I fought but...​

...Recently…things just haven’t been affecting me in any way at all.​

Maybe the angels deserved it…

But is it perfectly normal to kill a human and feel nothing?​

I’ve barely done any fighting yet it just seems like this has been going on longer than I can remember.

Then there was that day six years ago…

I know now that it wasn’t a dream.

If I’m an angel, what was I doing there?​

.................…I sense something nearby…

...It’s not coming for me…​

…It’s bringing me closer…................

I almost hope that it’s death…

…But I have no reason to regret living…​

I can’t see what’s in front of me now…

Why do I have to fight his battle?

…Nex…​

The chilling voice brought Grey out of trance and forced him into reality. “I’m surprised that you were able to kill those two so quickly.†The hooded figure moved closer and lifted a hand, seemingly waving away the dark fog that clouded the area.

The two were standing in a plain white room similar to the one where Grey had attempted to fight Nex in. The hooded man faced away from Grey, beginning to remove his cloak. “You’ve shown signs of growth but overall, you have only used raw power to take down the previous three.†Nex plainly stated, hinting that he had been closely watching the battles.

“Growth? Related to my power, huh?†Grey raised an eyebrow, noticing that Nex was dressed in a similarly simple outfit that was all black. His eyes fixed themselves on Nex’s right hand which seemed to be wavering from…heat, almost as if the air around it was being pushed aside by some unseen force.

“Let me see what you’ve learnt.†Nex vanished from sight for a moment, leaving behind a black spot where his right hand was which resembled smoke.

Where’d he- The first thing Grey felt was a hot rush of air go passed his cheek and instinctively, he whirled around and lifted a hand to block a blade of some sort. Nex was wielding a black sword and the blade seemed to be made out of something other than metal. It had to be, otherwise it would not have burnt Grey’s hand at that moment.

“What the hell?†Grey drew his hand back, now noticing that the blade shifted slightly as if it had no set form.

“The fire from an angel’s blade varies between us all.†Nex lifted his head and for the first time Grey got a good look at him. Although his voice no longer forced him to shiver like it used to, what he saw brought back familiar chills. Nex’s eyes were completely black and it took a moment for Grey to be sure he had eyes instead of just two empty bloodless holes and his skin was white…not like a human’s but literally white. Nex’s face alone looked boney and had a body thinner than an anorexic’s. Still, his physical strength was a polar opposite of his sickly appearance.

Grey lunged at Nex in an attempt to disarm him but Nex easily sidestepped out of the way and retaliated by leaving a gash on his side. It didn’t burn. Grey turned to see what his opponent had used to cut him only to see a bloody hand…or claw. Nex’s hands weren’t made of flesh. They were simply bone.

What the hell is he? Grey jumped backwards as Nex slashed directly at his chest with the black blade. It was not enough to get out of harm’s way as a wave of fire came from the attack and knocked Grey back several meters.

“Does my appearance scare you?†Nex spoke, not showing any signs of moving his lips. Once more, he vanished from Grey’s line of sight and struck at his arm before kicking him to the other side of the room.

“You’d never scare me…†Grey stood up slowly, watching as the angel walked towards him before beginning to pick up his pace and charge at Grey.

“If you can’t fight back then I’ll turn you to ash!†Nex closed in the distance between them more quickly than any other creature could have and brought his sword down at Grey with a tremendous amount of force, cracking the floor and wall behind Grey without even making contact.

The attack was not enough to kill or even harm Grey. It did not even make contact with his body for now Grey too was holding a blade made of fire. His blade burned far more intensely and shone white with a golden aura about it, the same shade as Grey‘s eyes. “I think we’re done here.†Grey smiled and forced Nex away with his sword, appearing an instant later right behind the thin man and sending him crashing into the wall with a wave of the hand. Grey laughed to himself and pointed the palm of his unarmed hand at Nex, firing a large burst of white flames, leaving a cloud of dust which could not be seen through. When the dust cleared, Nex was nowhere to be found in the rubble. Grey’s smile vanished immediately as he felt a burning sensation pierce his stomach. “W-what…?â€

“You have grown. But don’t ever try to mock me, boy.†Nex ripped his sword out of Grey’s stomach and let the weapon vanish from his hand as Grey fell over and hit the ground. “Don’t ever think that just because we need you, we cannot kill you at any time of our choosing.†Grey watched as Nex crouched down in front of him and wiped his left hand on his shirt before rising and heading over towards his cloak which he had taken off earlier. His vision began to fade and soon Grey’s world went black.

I see…

I’m nothing more than a tool.

.::~Chapter Twenty-Seven: Four Horsemen. Four Seraphim.~::.

A lone white haired male stared down at the chaos below, watching as buildings burnt and blood filled the streets. This was nothing compared to the noise. It was enough to drive one insane. The male folded in his six wings as he landed on the ground and lifted his head to the sky.

Blood red. No sign of the sunlight. Fire consumed the very air around him. Above the noise an unfamiliar female’s voice called out to him.

“Get ready! They’re coming!â€

The scene shifted in a swirl of colors. The head of a black horse, a scythe, the shine of a pair of multicolored eyes, white flames, a bloody sword.

Silence. The noise had stopped. The horrific screams of those in pain vanished.

Grey sat up suddenly, sweat dripping from his face. “What….†He looked down at his hands and shuddered as he tried to recall what had just happened. He was unsure if he had just woken up from a dream or if he was dead.

“Take it easy. Nex was a little rough on you.†A deep voice spoke from beside him.

Grey looked to where the voice came to see a hooded male standing in his apartment. How’d I get here? He looked down at his clothes to see that his wound was still there and his shirt was burnt from the injury Nex had dealt him. Grey looked back up at the hooded male and remembered that his name was Alaric. He must have been an illusion just the same as when Nex had last “visited†him.

“You should rest, Grey.†Alaric cautioned as he pointed towards Grey’s wound. “Even with your abilities, it’ll take more than a day just for it to close properly.â€

Grey sat up and placed his hand over his stomach, staring down at his bed. “You know how I got this place?â€

Alaric remained silent.

“Having no identity amongst the humans makes it hard to find a place to live in…I have no job but…when I got here, the owner of this building and his family were being held hostage.†Grey continued, smiling a little to himself. “I don’t know what possessed me to help them but…I did.â€

“That is a noble deed.â€

“I didn’t see it like that. After all, I killed the one who was holding them against their will. The family was so grateful that I was offered this apartment for free for as long as I wanted to stay.†Grey paused and pulled his hand away from his stomach. “I accepted and since then, I’ve kept to myself…except for a few days ago when everything started to get-â€

“I understand. You were trying to have a normal life, were you not?†Alaric questioned.

“No. I wasn’t. I’m not sure I wanted the answers of what I am either but I got them. I just wanted to find someone who would accept me for whatever I’m supposed to be. Not for what I am right now.†Grey sighed and closed his eyes.

“For what you’re supposed to be? What do you believe you’re supposed to be?†Alaric’s voice suddenly grew suspicious.

“I’m no angel. I believed it for awhile but…†Grey took in a deep breath and opened his eyes before looking over at Alaric. “I’m not stupid. What am I? I’m not human, I’m not an angel, I’m not some sort of demon…â€

Alaric cleared his through and crossed his arms, his hood fell further forward as he bowed his head. “Nex lied to you so that he could use you to kill those angels. He and I are creations meant to duplicate the power of an angel. The man who created us feared the End Days and wished to use us to prevent it from coming to pass.†Grey remained quiet as Alaric spoke, intently staring at him. “For the first time in so many years, man had gotten the attention of a heavenly being. Two angels came to the man and threatened to burn his soul if he continued with his experiments. The angels then took Nex and I here where we would be sealed away until the End Days came.â€

“If you were both sealed away, how did you know I was one of you?â€

“You’re not one of us. You were meant to be far greater than any angel. The man had hidden you away for so long but even your existence was not a secret from us…We sensed when you awoke and killed your creator.â€

Grey bit his lower lip and looked away, not making a reply.

“Nex knew that you awoke prematurely. He simply assumed that by the time the three of us met, that you would not remember the day you had awakened. It’s much easier to come up with a simple story than to tell you the entire truth and run the risk of you deciding against helping us.†Alaric explained, turning his back on Grey.

“Those angels that I’ve been killing are false prophets?†Grey rose from his bed and clutched his stomach which was searing with pain. “Or am I just your tool to get revenge?â€

“It’s much more complicated than that. Grey…whatever you do, don’t let Nex know that I’ve told you this much. If he deems you a threat, he’ll kill you.â€

“You both are using me to find a way to escape from your prison…but I’m not so sure why I’m killing those angels…Are they truly evil?†Grey asked in a frustrated tone.

“Just stay alive, Grey. When the time comes you’ll have all your answers. Just know that I‘m on your side.†Alaric vanished from sight without another word.

“Damn it!†Grey shouted in anger.

~~

“Where were you?†A sickenly cold voice spat.

“Speaking with the boy. You should not have been so violent.†Came the calm response of Alaric.

“If I wasn’t violent the boy would have never been pushed to his limit. I now know that he is of use to us.†Nex replied.

There was a long silence before the two lifted their heads as if they could see the sky above the ceiling. The ground beneath them shook and the air wavered violently, although to a human most of it would have gone by unnoticed, these two could sense any unnatural disturbance because of what they were.

“I wonder what Gabriel is doing here.†Nex stated with a hint of interest.

“There’s another here as well. I do not recognize it as anything familiar but…it is an evil force that comes this way.†Alaric muttered, knowing that at least one of the two forces would be after Grey.

~~

“See you later Krystal!†Both Vivian and Michelle smiled and waved at their friend before turning away and heading down the opposite way of the street.

Krystal smiled faintly before walking in her own path with no intention of returning home first. Ever since her father had passed away, her mother had grown more and more detached from her to the point where Krystal felt regret every time she entered the house. She looked down at the sidewalk as she listened to the sound of each soft footstep she made. She closed her eyes and tried to visualize that day when Grey had saved her and taken her to her home. Earlier that day she had found the address Grey was staying at due to some research she and her friends had done on the internet. Even someone as mysterious as Grey had at least one record of having ever existed. Although that’s all she found out about him, where he lived.

“This is it…?†She looked at the white door in front of her and noticed that the paint was beginning to chip off in large chunks. Krystal blinked curiously at it as her bright brown eyes stared at the door. “Maybe I shouldn’t…but…†She thought it over for a bit before forcing herself to knock on the door.

“I’m not home.†Came Grey’s hauntingly distant voice from inside.

“It’s me.†Krystal softly called out, lightly tapping on the door with her finger. The door opened right as her finger reached the door. She looked up at the tall figure who stepped out and laced her fingers together as she smiled up at Grey. “I wanted to visit.â€

“How did you…?†Krystal peeked her head inside the apartment, taking note of how plain it was inside.

“My friend Michelle would kill you if she saw how dull it was in here.†Krystal plainly stated. “I think it could use a woman’s touch.†She squeaked as she felt Grey’s hand nudge her backwards to get her away from the doorway.

“How did you find this place?†Grey repeated.

“Internet.â€

Grey raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

“Honestly!â€

“Alright, alright.†Grey rolled his eyes which now, as Krystal noticed, had traces of both red and green as well as the purple shade she had seen earlier. Why are his eyes changing…?

“What are you doing here anyways?â€

Krystal noticed that she had been staring at Grey’s eyes and figured that he must have not noticed. She looked away when he asked the question and turned a light shade of pink. “I wanted to see you.†Krystal decided against bringing up Grey’s wound which was easily visible to her.

“Missed me? Do you have any idea what I am? Or what I’ve been doing?â€

Krystal shook her head. “I don’t care because no matter what…you’ll always be you.â€

Grey went quiet after Krystal spoke and lowered his head in thought. Why is it that whenever she speaks…it makes me feel human?

Krystal chewed anxiously on her lip, starting to wonder if Grey even wanted her around. She swayed from side to side, waiting for a response. When none came, she decided that it was time to go. She began to lift her head to face Grey as she spoke. “I’m sorry I bothered yo-†Krystal was cut off as Grey suddenly wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him and pressed his lips to hers. The sudden kiss caused Krystal to temporarily lose feeling in her legs and if Grey had not been holding her, she would have fallen. She closed her eyes as she pressed lightly against his warm body, kissing him back after regaining her senses.

It didn’t last long though. Grey soon broke the kiss and smiled down at the speechless girl. “Never thought I’d ask this but…will you go out with me?†The simple question made Grey’s voice sound much less distant and for a moment he almost sounded normal.

Krystal nodded in response slowly, still trying to catch her breath. She heard Grey say something about having to go back inside his apartment to get a coat for her since she was only wearing a thin white sweater. She said nothing as she watched him vanish inside. Krystal did not bother to tell him that she could not feel the cold since the only thing she could feel at the moment were the butterflies in her stomach.

A scream came from Krystal as she saw the face of….

~~

Grey dropped the coat when he heard Krystal scream. He ran outside only to see her be carried off by a blond angel. Something that caught his eye disturbed him. The angel’s wings looked black but Grey knew that it only looked like that because it they were soaked in blood. It didn’t belong to Krystal but he knew that it would soon be her blood on the angel if he didn’t hurry.

Grey chased after the flying angel with inhuman speed but even that was not enough to keep the angel in sight. The angel flew low behind a cluster of buildings making it impossible for him to tell where the captor went. Grey frantically sprinted towards where he had last seen the pair. He skidded to a stop as he turned to take a shortcut through an alleyway where he saw no light from the sunset reach it. The orange glow was blocked by a pair of wings.

Grey cursed under his breath, having run into a different angel. He charged towards the angel as it folded its wings behind its back and summoned a flaming white blade. “Out of my way!†Grey yelled at the top of his lungs as he stuck at the one blocking his path.

His attack was blocked by a fiery red sword. “Grey, I am Gabriel of the Seraphim. I must speak with you.†The angel said, his own eyes seemed to have a fire of their own burning of a far greater intensity than the blade he wielded.

“I don’t have time for you! If you’re with that other guy then I’ll cut you down later!†Grey pressed on his sword, forcing the angel to use both hands to keep him from going forward.

“Other?†The angel sounded confused. “You don’t have time for chasing anything right now. At this rate, the Earth will witness the coming of the Four Horsemen. So many will die horribly if you don’t listen to me. You must-â€

“Get you out of my way? Alright!†The alleyway was illuminated by bright white flames for an instant and when the light faded, Gabriel was out in the empty street and Grey had just cleared his path.

“I am sorry…but you cannot continue forward.†Gabriel bowed his head as if meditating before a battle. “You were right to consider yourself a tool. Now let me take those powers of yours that you have unrightfully stolen from my fallen comrades!â€

Grey leapt at Gabriel and brought his blade down at full force, making Gabriel step back and counter with a powerful kick to Grey’s already wounded stomach.

Staggering back, Grey clutched his injury with one hand and pointed his blade at Gabriel with his other, getting angrier with each second. I have to save her! I can’t let him stop me. He swung his sword upwards, sending a large wave of fire at Gabriel who, instead of dodging it, blocked the flames with his blade. Even though he managed to survive, the damage was done. Gabriel was knelt down on one knee and his blade’s fire extinguished.

“How do you have such power…? Maybe…maybe I should not have held back so much on a fake like yourself.†Gabriel rose to his feet and the ground beneath him began to crack. He raised his hand and once more summoned his blade, this time it burned far more intensely and Grey could easily tell that it was far more powerful than his own. “I will strike you down!â€

Just as Gabriel brought the sword down, a hand came from seemingly nowhere and stopped him. “Enough, Gabriel. Your powers may harm the humans.â€

Grey stood still, knowing that the battle was over. He would have been killed if the newcomer had not just saved him. It was a second angel but he was unsure of who it was.

“But…†Gabriel looked at the one who had just arrived with frustration but let his sword vanish regardless. “Alright Michael. I don’t know what you’re playing at though.â€

“There is still time enough to allow the boy to survive for just awhile longer. Let us leave this place.†The one named Michael said before the two vanished in a flash of light.

What’s going on here!? Grey shook his head quickly in confusion before hurrying off towards where he figured Krystal would be, hoping that he was not too late. As Grey rounded another corner, he found himself running into the park. A pair of bloody wings were seen in the distance.

He picked up his pace, sword in hand as he grew closer. Grey saw Krystal lying at the feet of a familiar face that should not have been there. In shock, the only thing Grey could ask was, “How…?â€

The blond haired boy bared his teeth in an attempt at a smile. “So you’re not human after all, huh jailer?â€

Grey took a step closer but the boy suddenly pointed his finger down at Krystal. His nails resembled talons and it was obvious that he would use them to kill her if Grey went any closer.

Keep him calm…and maybe you can get him to step away from her. Grey thought to himself, deciding to buy time until he thought of a plan. “Why did you call me jailer?â€

The boy’s ice blue eyes flashed dimly when Grey spoke. “You killed me.â€

Grey shrugged slightly. “I was protecting her. I’m not the one who tried to kill my classmates.â€

“I WENT TO HELL!!! THEY DESERVED IT FOR MAKING ME SUFFER AND I WAS TORTURED FOR PUNISHING THEM!!!†Daniel, the boy who had shot several of his classmates in his school’s cafeteria only a few days earlier, was eager for revenge.

“What you did wasn’t punishment.†Grey retorted. “It was childish vengeance. They never killed anyone you cared about, did they!?†He had already lost his cool.

“SHUT UP!â€

“What did Krystal do to you!?â€

“SHE KNEW I WAS SUFFERING AND SHE NEVER GAVE A DAMN ABOUT IT!â€

Grey didn’t care about what Krystal did or didn’t do to him, Daniel was just another thing he had to take down.

“I was given these powers to get revenge on the one who forced me into Hell…first I’ll start by killing her…then I’ll start by dragging you back down with me!†Daniel maniacally laughed which only served to make Grey even more angry.

“I won’t let you-†Grey was cut off in mid-sentence.

“Won’t let you?†Daniel mocked. “It’s already too late.â€

“W-what!?â€

“You heard me.â€

Grey’s eyes shifted over towards Krystal’s body as cold sweat dripped from his face.

“I wanted to see the look on your face when you thought that you would be able to stop me. I killed her just before you got here. Maybe if you were earlier you would have heard her call your name.†Daniel grinned and began laughing once more.

No…she can’t be! The grass where Krystal was laying at was stained with blood. Too much blood was on the ground for her to have survived such an injury.

“Now that you’ve soaked it up…It‘s time that I drag you to Hell!â€

There was only one thing in Grey’s mind now. His fists clenched so tightly that he began to draw blood from his hands with the force of his nails pressing against his skin. Grey was shaking from the built up rage. Daniel had just killed the first person he had ever cared about--no, the only one he ever loved. All that was left in him now was the desire for revenge. Grey slowly looked up from Krystal’s lifeless body and stood still as Daniel charged at him with a burning blue blade in hand. Wherever he planned on striking Grey first didn’t matter. He already inflicted a wound which no blade would ever match.

You wanted your revenge…And you got it. The flames from Grey’s blade shone brightly and the air around him began to waver. I’m going to completely and utterly crush you right here.

Daniel jumped back as blue flames encircled him, having just barely managed to block an enormous ball of fire. “So you still have some fight in you…†He stated as if it was a trivial annoyance. “This is my power. You’ll never be able to pass through my flames!†Blue fire rose up from all sides of Daniel, causing all the trees in the park to burn just from the heat of the air. Grey remained unscathed and unimpressed. He stared blankly at the wall of fire and let his own sword dissipate. Grey tilted his head slightly and lifted a hand to point his palm directly at the burning shield. White flames licked at Grey’s sides as the air around him grew heavy. The ground beneath him was alight with the monstrous power that was eager to tear away at Daniel’s defense. Grey closed his eyes and wordlessly commanded the fire to turn Daniel to ash.

Grey turned away from Daniel as he continued to laugh, thinking that he was protected. “DO YOU THINK THAT WILL KILL ME!?†He yelled towards Grey who was approaching Krystal’s body. Grey listened as the laughter soon turned screams of agony. He turned Krystal onto her back only to see that her once white sweater was now soaked with blood. If I could have gotten here sooner…

“MAKE IT STOP!! IT BURNS!!†Daniel continued to shout in pain. Grey had no intention on putting an end to it. He wanted to slowly roast Daniel for what he had done before sending him back from where he had come. Daniel’s pleas for mercy soon annoyed Grey who, with a snap of his fingers, caused a pillar of fire to erupt where Daniel had been, completely destroying the boy’s body in an instant. He wanted to focus on the other who had caused him to arrive late. Gabriel…the one who held him back from saving Krystal. He was next to die.

.::~Chapter Twenty-Eight: Grey's Rage and the Last Rose~::.

The Sun was setting and Grey had yet to leave the park. He had been kneeling beside Krystal’s body for over an hour simply staring at her, wishing he had the power to bring her back to life.

Why her…? She didn’t deserve this…It wasn’t supposed to be like this… Grey lowered his head slowly, lifting Krystal up towards him as gently as possible. Her clothes and her skin was burnt slightly from the fight. It didn’t matter now. She was not going to get back up. “I never even told you what I felt…†Grey knew that he couldn’t simply just bury her or bring her body to her house, he had no explanation to give to anyone to what had just happened. Grey leaned down and kissed Krystal on the forehead before lowering her back to the ground. He brushed aside loose strands of hair from her face and took in a long deep breath.

“Goodbye…Krystal.â€

Grey took a step backwards, a single teardrop landed on Krystal’s body before it suddenly burst into flames. He turned away from the body as it soon vanished seconds later, leaving nothing but a patch of bare soil.

~~

“Grey’s power is growing so fast. I barely recognized that disturbance just now.†Alaric stared at the ceiling, waiting for a response from Nex. When he heard none, he continued to speak. “He’s becoming more of a threat than an ally…all that built up rage…Do you intend to proceed with your plan after what he has just went through?â€

“He’s going to help us escape. Whatever becomes of the boy is not my concern.â€

“Nex…maybe you should consider another method. Doing it this way…it might be better if we gave him to-â€

“The Seraphim!?†Nex cut him off. “No. They cannot be trusted. If we hand the boy over, they’ll use him and leave us in this prison. I will not be made a fool of again.â€

Alaric bowed his head and went silent for a moment, raising his hands to his hood to slowly pull it off. He revealed his face which looked as if it belonged to a man in his mid-thirties. His long smooth black hair fell and stopped at his waist, having been held up by some force from the hood. “I am sorry you feel that way.†A yellow flame appeared in his hand and transformed into a long blade. “I have been speaking with Michael and…it’s about time we get rid of a loose end like yourself.†Alaric calmly stated, lifting his head to look at Nex. His eyes flashed gray as he prepared to fight.

“So you’ve been plotting behind my back, have you?†Nex threw off his robe and summoned his black sword. “Just because we’re practically brothers doesn’t mean I’ll let you live for betraying me.â€

“Rest in peace, brother. I will make this quick.â€

~~

Grey headed back towards his apartment, intent on saying goodbye to everything he knew. From there he would get all his answers from Nex then proceed to kill Gabriel, the angel he now blamed for making him arrive too late to save Krystal. He knew that picking a fight with angels as powerful as Gabriel would only result on his death but Grey intended to slaughter anything in his path for revenge.

He entered his apartment, the door was still open from when he had left, and took a quick look around the plain room he stepped into. Grey glanced down at his torn shirt and ripped it off, having no intent on wearing something that now bore too many memories. On his stomach, all that remained was the scar from where Nex had stabbed him. Grey hastily changed clothes before making the decision to burn the clothes he had just worn, thinking that by destroying them, he would erase the pain they had just seen. Nobody will ever learn what happened to her…it’s as if she just vanished…No one would believe in the events of these few days… He shook his head quickly, doing his best to get his mind off of the day’s events. Now was not the time for grieving. Grey closed his eyes, focusing solely on the massive library Nex had taken him to before. The apartment began to fade away and soon Grey was now standing in a large library with a heavy sent of dust in the air…as well as something else.

Instead of being as dark as it normally was, an orange glow illuminated the area. It came from several burning book shelves around the room. Grey raised an eyebrow and stepped forward, wondering what happened. “Nex! Alaric!†He called out. He walked forward and caught a glimpse of a black flame out of the corner of his eye. Grey turned to see the frail figure belonging to Nex standing over a pile of books.

“Oh look…the boy came.†Nex’s black eyes focused on Grey as he came closer. Grey noticed that the pile of books was covering a body…it had to be Alaric’s. Why were they fighting?

“What the hell are you doing?â€

“Nothing now. The traitor won’t survive much longer with the wounds I’ve inflicted. If you wish to get your answers then follow me, boy.†Nex snapped his fingers and a wall several meters away opened to reveal a hidden passage into the white room the two had fought in before. Nex walked away towards it without another word.

Grey ran over towards Alaric and tossed the books aside. He crouched beside him and saw the man’s face for the first time. It almost surprised him to know that Alaric looked nothing like Nex. “What happened here?†Grey quickly asked.

“An angel by the name of Michael will arrive shortly…please…finish Nex off…†Alaric turned his head away and coughed out blood onto the nearby books. “He had used you to kill those angels partially out of revenge…but also to use you to break us free from this prison.†Alaric paused and laughed to himself. “His own ability resembles yours. Except unlike you…he can only steal power from another angel once…†He stopped speaking for a moment, breaking into a coughing fit. When it passed, the strain in Alaric’s voice became much more apparent. “He wishes to kill you and take all the power you have gained from your battles…with that…he would then escape and take revenge upon all the angels…â€

Grey bit his lower lip, hating the thought of being used as a tool. So many things in his life had been based off revenge now. Nex’s desire to destroy those who imprisoned him, Daniel’s rage which forced Grey to kill him then to lose the person closest to him, and now Grey too was filled with nothing but the need to punish those who stood in his way.

“Nex is a powerful enemy…take my power so that you may defeat him…†Power. Was that all his existence was about? To give others the power to do what they wanted? “With my power…your speed and strength should now be enough to match Nex’s abilities…†Alaric suddenly placed his hand on Grey’s shoulder and brought him closer. “I must ask a favor of you…â€

Grey remained silent, having no wish to speak to someone who had hidden so much from him.

“When Michael comes for you…Do as he says. He will need you to accomplish something for the greater good…Now go. Defeat Nex!†Alaric’s gray eyes dimmed as if a fire behind them had just been extinguished. As his body turned to dust, Grey rose to his feet, wondering if he had taken in Daniel’s powers as well. He knew that he had them but it sickened him to know that as long as he had Daniel’s ability, his existence had not been completely eradicated. As soon as the dust disappeared into Grey’s body, he left for the white room, having learnt all that he could about the two angels imprisoned in the library. As soon as he stepped inside, the wall behind him closed shut.

“I’m assuming that you took all that you could from Alaric, am I right?â€

“Don’t talk to me as if I’m some sort of goddam parasite.†Grey growled, white flames beginning to engulf his hands.

“You know just about everything that’s going on, don’t you? At least…what I plan anyways. Alaric only followed me because he was unsure if he had the power to simply kill me. Now we know who emerged the victor.†Nex laughed and cocked his head to the side as his empty black eyes fixed on Grey. “There is something far bigger than you can imagine going on behind the scenes…but for now, all I’m looking for is the deaths of those who put me here.â€

“Too bad for you because I’m the one who’s going to be putting an end to all of this.†The light coming from Grey’s hands intensified as he spoke.

Nex charged at Grey, looking like a blur at the speed he was rushing at him with. The flames in Grey’s hands exploded into swords and slashed Nex who easily ducked under the attack and kicked Grey into the wall behind him. Grey vanished from Nex’s sight and reappeared beside him, using both blades to cut at his ribs. Nex stepped quickly away from Grey but not before getting a small cut on his side. Nex hissed and lunged at Grey, displaying a great amount of flashy swordplay with his weapon and quickly overpowering his opponent. He rammed his elbow into Grey’s chest before using his knee to strike his jaw and send him flying backwards before crashing into the ground. Nex was over him in an instant and attempted to stab Grey in the head only to be stopped by an invisible force.

“You’re not going to win with such a cheap trick like telekinesis, boy.†Nex angrily stated.

“And you’re not going to kill me with your lack of skill!†Grey retorted, his eyes fixed on the point of the blade hovering just inches away from his face.

“Why don’t you just sit there and die quietly, scum?†Nex grinned as his blade began to move closer to Grey’s head.

A column of blue fire erupted from where Grey was laying, knocking Nex away. Grey rose back to his feet and leapt at Nex, bringing both blades down on him with everything he had. Nex lifted his sword just in time to block but was forced onto his knees from the force of the attack. Grey pulled a sword away and swung it upwards from under Nex’s weapon, managing to land a blow directly on his chest.

Nex staggered back, shocked by Grey’s continuous growth in power and skill. “You…can’t…beat me!†He shouted, sending an enormous black burst of fire towards Grey who simply let one of his swords vanish and caught the blast barehanded. The flames collapsed into Grey’s palm who then proceeded to clench his hand into a fist and crush it into a harmless wisp.

Nex’s eyes widened as he saw what Grey did. Nevertheless, he was not about to give up. He ran at Grey once more and began to relentlessly attack him with everything he had, causing small shockwaves with each successive collision of their blades. The battle lasted for ages with neither showing any signs of fatigue and neither had gained any ground. With every cut Nex dealt Grey, he was countered and wounded in return. The two used everything they had at their disposal, Nex would physically strike Grey who would then retaliate a fire-based attack. Nex, believing they were evenly matched, jumped backwards to gain some breathing room. Grey took the opportunity to summon his second sword once more.

“Two blades are not better than one.†Nex stated, wiping blood off of his chin.

“It’s still something that I haven’t seen you use. Therefore I should have the advantage.†Grey replied, spitting out blood onto the floor.

“I still have one advantage…†Nex rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck before suddenly spreading a pair of wings. The wings were nothing like Grey had ever seen and were much more hideous than Daniel’s. They resembled a pair of bat wings but instead were completely white except for where the bone segments could be seen which were black instead. Nex flapped his wings once sending a gust of wind Grey’s way and began to hover around fifteen feet in the air. “This is how death looks like.†Nex grinned and lifted his arms to the air as if he was trying to show off his form. “Are you afraid of my power, boy?â€

Grey smirked and laughed callously. “I’m glad you did that.â€

“What are you talking about? Are you blind? I have the high ground you fool!â€

“That may be true…but…†Grey pointed one of his swords at Nex before drawing his arm backwards. “Now you’re just an easy target.â€

“What-â€

Grey hurled the white blade at Nex which then pierced his head. The angel opened his mouth in an attempt to cry out but nothing came. Nex fell from the air and hit the ground with a thud. Both he and Grey’s sword began to fade away.

Now all I need to do is use Michael to get to Gabriel… Grey let the dust from Nex enter his body, feeling all of his wounds heal soon afterwards. He looked around the room, wondering where Michael would appear. He had no plans of how to use him to get to Gabriel but at the moment, threatening to kill him seemed to be the best choice.

“You must let go of that anger, Grey.†At any other time, the calm voice would have felt soothing to listen to but Grey was not in the mood for a peaceful situation.

“It’s all I’ve got.†Grey turned his head towards the sound of the voice to see a man dressed fully in white. He was easily recognizable as the one who had stopped Gabriel from killing Grey.

“You can do so much more if you let go of all that hatred and help us. You have killed three of my comrades, absorbed their powers, and taken the power of three others.†Michael did not seem angry at Grey for what he had done and so far had yet to show the slightest sign of hostility towards him…except for the words he had last spoken about ‘allowing the boy to survive awhile longer’. “Grey, the End Days will come to this world when all hope for humanity of being saved is lost. We need your power to save it and stop the End Days from coming.â€

Grey kept quiet, hating the idea of being used by someone else. He had killed for both sides, Nex’s and the angels’. They both only wanted him for his power. He already hated Michael in the short span of time he knew him. “What will you do?â€

“Your power along with the power of the Seraphim will be used to…for lack of a better word in this language…it will be used to cast a spell over all the humans.†Michael stared blankly at Grey with eyes that only served to frustrate him even more. The only color in Michael’s eyes were color of his eyes were purely white.

“What kind of spell?†Grey was barely even curious about the angels’ plans, he was just waiting for an opportunity for Michael to say something to use to his advantage.

“Humans by nature are not good. As long as free will exists, they will bring harm to themselves and those who do not deserve to suffer will be dragged down with the greed and hatred of the wicked.†Those words caught Grey’s attention, reminding him of Krystal’s fate.

“So what are you suggesting…?†Grey asked, having half the mind to actually accept to help Michael.

“That we bend the will of all the humans. They will live peacefully as the Creator intended.†Michael answered.

Grey thought it over for a moment before shaking his head. Taking away the humans’ free will was just too high of a price to pay for peace. “No. The humans were meant to have the right to choose their fate. Even if it’s to suffer through the End Days, they will earn what they have chosen.â€

“Are you blind? Think of how many lives may be spared if you aid us!†Michael’s soothing voice turn harsh faster than Grey expected.

“Like I said. They have the right to choose their fate. Even if it isn’t pretty…â€

“Fine…I see that negotiating with you is useless. It matters not as there is only one way to take those powers away from you.†Michael lifted his right hand into the air, calling forth an elegant sword which unlike the other weapons the angels had used, was not made of fire. “The only way to separate you from those stolen powers is with your death.â€

Alaric…did you want me to die? Did you expect me to give my life for a cause I don’t believe in!? Grey began to shake with pure rage, everything had been against him from the start. Both sides had planned to kill him from the moment he had accepted being more than human. Michael began to approach Grey at a steady pace, his blade pointed right at him. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.†Grey cautioned as white flames spread out from where he was standing, almost invisible to the eye as they blended in with the room’s interior. Michael continued in his direction, paying no heed to Grey’s words. “You want me dead, huh?†Grey swung his hands backwards, causing the air to waver violently. “I WILL NOT BE USED ANYMORE!!! I’M NOT A TOOL!!!†He shouted at the top of his voice. “IF I HAVE TO KILL EVERY ANGEL TO PROVE MY POINT THEN I’LL DO IT!!â€

Michael ran straight towards Grey before spreading his wings and heading towards him with blinding speed. Michael never reached Grey. The entire building exploded in a raging inferno, killing Michael instantly before he managed to land a single blow on Grey.

Grey’s vision darkened from the sudden use of such a colossal amount of energy and collapsed. Maybe now…they’ll come for me… He closed his eyes and lost consciousness.

~~

“That boy is so powerful.†Grey heard a voice speak, feeling that it was coming from above.

“We should rip him apart for killing Michael!â€

“Calm down, Gabriel.†A third voice ordered in a demanding tone. The mention of the name caused Grey to stand up. He did not recognize where he was standing. It was so dark yet he could see three faces above him. Two were unrecognizable but the third belonged to Gabriel.

“He’s up.†The first voice muttered.

“Fight me.†Grey pointed his finger at Gabriel. He had no strength left but could care less. “You’re the reason why she’s gone!â€

“I didn’t kill the girl, did I?†Gabriel replied with a hint of annoyance.

“YOU KEPT ME FROM SAVING HER YOU *******!†Grey yelled, attempting to summon his sword. Nothing came. He could not feel any of his powers come to him.

“You really think you can challenge a Seraph in your current state? Michael was overwhelmed by you simply because you had raw power. A Seraph on the other hand would not be torched so easily by the likes of you. We are far more powerful than any of our slain brethren. We are, after all, the highest order of angels.†One of the angels said.

“Even if you had the power to match one of us in combat…three out of the four of us are present at this time. In Heaven our fire is so great that no other angel can bear to look at us! We fly eternally around the Creator’s throne! We are the closest to the Creator and you think you can defeat us!?†Gabriel shouted at Grey.

“I do not believe that if we kill you without you willingly let us take your power will grant us anything. So, we have decided on your fate.â€

“With the combined might of the Seraphim’s powers, you will be sealed away.â€

Grey glared up at the three and tried in vain to call to his powers. Damn it! Not now! “There’s only three of you! Where’s the fourth!?†He desperately questioned, attempting to buy some time.

“That is none of your concern. She has already lent us her powers to aid in imprisoning you.â€

Grey felt something press against all of his sides, his arms were forced down to his sides and his limbs were locked in place. “I won’t be trapped for long!†He hissed, unable to break free of the spell. “I’ll take you all down if it’s the last thing I do…I’M NOT DONE YET!†Grey was silenced and removed from the sight of the Seraphim.

â€You know…he might actually escape one day…â€

â€If he does, it will not matter. We must prepare for the End Days. Michael’s plan has failed and now it is up to us to raise a force strong enough to combat the horsemen.â€

“That Grey sure did cause some problems. I can’t wait to get him back for all of it.†Gabriel eagerly stated.

~~

Splat! The first drop of rain smacked against the leaf of a tree in the deserted park. The drop rolled down from the leaf and landed on a bare spot of soil surrounded with bloodstained grass. The water was soaked in by the soil. Thunder rumbled in the distance as more drops came. A green stem pushed up weakly from the patch of soil. By the end of the month, it would grow and blossom into a white rose. It would be the last thing to ever grow in the city of Seattle.

The End

2. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

I liked it Archyyyy! It was written in a way that I could visualize what was going on as I read it. Nice job.

3. Aura Goddess

Wow.Very nice.I saw everything in my head XD

I loved it!Can't wait to read more!

4. Arch Mana Knight

Thanks girls. 8D I have more written...I'll post it when I get another chapter done.

5. Juicy Chaser

I knew I was gonna like this already, but ... xDD

Good work :3
    *glomp*

Nice mini-cliffhanger.

6. Maka Albarn It's called love

lol, this is great! Like everybody said so far, you could see everything perfectly in your mind as you read the story. Very excellent job! I can't wait for the next chapter. :D

7. Arch Mana Knight

It gets a bit less exciting and well written as it goes on...the next chapter is something Jayn and I did together. 8D She did the second two paragraphs and I did the first...>>;

UPDATED

8. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Nice character description! I really felt like I was getting into Grey's mind. Over all nice job! Next chapter please!

9. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I agree~!! ^w^ Both of ya rock in writing this story~ *two thumbs up for the two* :3

heehee~ *waits for next chapter*

10. Juicy Chaser

Wow, the amber eyes are...intresting :3

I think you make a good team, you're both brilliant writers >W>
    x3

11. Aura Goddess

And yet you say you're not a good writer.I loved it.I smiled at the end of chapter 3 XD

I loved it all the way.Can't wait to read more 8D

12. Arch Mana Knight

Thanks. 8D I loved that ending.

That ending was a result of pointing out the obvious in multiple stories. It's always a girl...and Grey, like me, knows that.

Already did. 8D Well...Jayn wrote this chapter. UPDATED.

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

O.o That's intense! D: It was still pretty awesomeness. XD Great job, again. XD

14. Juicy Chaser

Wow, getting violent (and more intresting 8D) in chapter four xD

Nice work ~

15. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Woah... you must post more @___@
    I love it :]
    You lied about being a bad writer >:)
    Ur great, i could visualize everything as I was reading it.

16. Arch Mana Knight

Thanks. Err...chapter 5 is a little odd. I had writer's block at one point and wanted to describe what Grey was wearing...O.o

Now if only it was a video. 8D

Then you'll get more. It's here.

I love violence. Was it not interesting BEFORE chappy 4? D:

Thanks. :glomp:

Thank you. I wish she was here to read this stuff. UPDATED.
    I won't update again until...probably...three or four days from now. I'm almost out of prewritten chapters.

17. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Wow.. [again ;p]... chapter 5's like my favorite chapter so far <3

Ahh... and darn writer's blocks D< but you described what he was wearing and what was happening so vividly so it didn't even seem like you had a writer's block xD

More~! More~! >w<

18. Nyoxia Moogle Assistant

Mr. Bear doesn't approve of such a question.
    Ahhh this was so good!
    I was all like "Nuuuu!!!" when it ended
    You totally need to update!
    >.<
    You = Quite an Amazing Writer
    :'DDDDD

19. Arch Mana Knight

Thanks!

No more violence until later. D8

You'll get more than that. ^^

Oughta what? 8D I'll write more soon...some of the sixth chapter was written by Jayn...

:glomp: Again, thank you. I like comments!

:glomp: :glomp: This is a DOUBLE UPDATE. Two chappys added. Six and Seven. I have yet to start on eight.

20. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Haha~ I love Krystal!! xD

Thanks for the Double Update Arch! This is great as always~
    A work of art :]

Good luck in chapter 8~ Post it soon! And don't get any writer's blocks! ((: