Birth by Sleep The "Unbirths" (Another theory)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by AsianB, Aug 26, 2008.

1. AsianB Merlin's Housekeeper

In order to understand "unbirth", we must first evaluate the meaning of "birth"

Birth is the creation of a new being, thus, unbirth will be the reverse of birth, suggesting that something cannot be born. Such proposition leads back to the title of this plot "Birth by sleep".The title "Birth by sleep" illustrates that "something" is born via sleep. When we sleep, we tend to dream and most dreams are related to memories. Memories become the catalyst to trigger dreams during a sleep, therefore, the process of birth by sleep must follow this model:

Birth by Sleep model
    Catalyst= Memories
    Sleep ------------------------> Dream ----------> New being created (Birth)

Assuming my model is correct, then we can analysis and predict which being is created. We also assume "unbirths" are beings that lacks the fundamental elements of being a complete/human form, thus, the three elements are heart, soul/spirit and body. Heartless and nobodies does not exist during the BBS period. Heartless lack of hearts, nobodies lack of bodies. Therefore, unbirths must be lack of soul/spirit. Since I establish what this new type of enemy is lack of, I will proceed to their production method.

Recall that Xigbar mention that there were many keybladers in the past but they all suddenly disappear many years ago. Furthermore, the keyblade graveyard suggest that there were many keybladers during the BBS period. Since BBS's main theme is about the origins of keyblade and the keyblade wielders, I assume that there is a relationship between both the unbirths and the keybladers. In BBS, normal people are taught by keyblade masters to become a keyblader through spiritual rather than physical training. Therefore, one must have a strong spiritual sense and heart to obtain the power of the keyblade.

We are not told how humans manage to obtain the keyblade, it was assume that the keyblade chooses the rightful owner. However, when we look back at Sora and Roxas in KH and KH2, they were only able to use the keyblade by going through the station of calling and station of awakening (e.g. Sora's tutorial mode in KH1, and Roxas's tutorial mode in KH2. I realise there is actually 3 stations in each tutorial, but I don't actually know the station's name before the station of calling, thus, I will call it the station of sleep). By sleeping, both Roxas and Sora were able to enter the station of calling and station of awakening. Each station has a door which leads to the next station. Thus, the procedure of awakening the power of the keyblade should be as follow:

Catalyst = Memories
    Sleep---------> Dream (Station of sleep ---------> Station of calling ---------> Station of awakening) ----> New being born

In each station, we see platforms. In Sora's case, we saw snow-white and the other princesses, but in Roxas's case we saw Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald and etc... Therefore, each person's station of sleep, calling and awakening is different from each other. Recall that nobodies don't have a heart, so Roxas enter these stations through Sora's memories. Thus, we can assume that memories are like data from a heart which can be extracted to become a vessel to take one into the stations. Furthermore, the phrases in KH2 further emphasis that memories are related to dreams:

"A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory, a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream"

Since heart is the essential element to wield the keyblade, and memories are like data in our heart. Thus, heart, keyblade, memories and dream are all interrelated. Therefore, each platform represents part of one's memories hence the stations are actually inside one's heart. In addition, in KH2's ending, Sora asked Riku if he knows where the door of light is and then Riku points at Sora's heart. This symbolises the door between each stations inside our heart. Now we will build this into our model

Catalyst = Memories
    Sleep -------> Enters the heart -----> Extract Memories and process them -------> Dream (Station of sleep, calling and awakening -------> New being born (keyblader)

Finally, how does one enter its own heart? First, from the recent scan translation I assume that the reason why keyblade masters taught its keyblade students in a spiritual way rather than a physical way, because one needs to feel the power insider one's heart before obtaining the power of the keyblade. I got this idea when Terra said:

"(I can feel the pure light...)
    (After all, does this girl have a heart of pure light?)"

We know we have to sleep in order to obtain the power of the keybladem but the problem is, how do we enter our heart. Lets consider the three fundamental components that make up a human: Heart, Body and Soul/Spirit. When we sleep, our body stays in reality obviously. Our destination is our heart. Therefore, we must use our spirit/soul to enter our heart. Thus, unbirth must have been the byproduct of not been able to reborn as a keyblader. We can assume that the soul/spirit is trapped inside one of the three stations, and whats left is the heart and body.

Yes, this is it, I can't write anymore and I reckon it will be too hard to read if I write too much. I try my best to explain my theory, hope you enjoy

2. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Wow nice theroy. The Unirths are these guy in case you don't already know.
    There's more than one type obviously, but this is the equivilent of a Heartless Shadow.

[​IMG]

3. BlazBlue Calamity King's Apprentice

Ambers was a translation error they are the Unbirths

Nice theory it makes sence to me but thats probably cause im simple minded >_>.

4. AsianB Merlin's Housekeeper

Well these are keybladers/humans with a soul/spirit. Its like heartless, originally they are humans, but once they lose their hearts, they transform into monsters that looks nothing like a human and there are more than one type of heartless. I just apply a similar concept to these "unbirths"

Nah, I'm sry I never read your theory, I got all these ideas from the KH2 secret ending, KH2 FM+ secret ending, KH2 ending, KH1 opening, KH2 opening, Roxas and Sora's tutorial gameplay and recent interviews and magazine scans

Yeah, just another point I want to make in my theory. In KH2 secret ending, Ansem's report, mention that a keyblade its a key that open doors. Thus, this key not only open the doors to other worlds, but also opens the door of light or door of darkness in our heart (e.g. Riku/Ansem in KH1)

I try write a bit more on it later this week

5. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

This is one of the biggest theories(except for my kingdomology one) that i've ever seen.It's well laid out and you bolded key words.You'd make a good kingdomologist if you were more active.

The thing with the unbirths having to do with Keyblades is a giant possability.
    I'll post a couple more things but my brain isn't working properly at the moment.

6. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Hmmmm. In all honosty, I don't agree with the theory, since roxas got his keyblade before he went through his stations, and even before he was in twilight town, he could use the double keyblades, quite well.

I do like the theory though, unlike many others which are made out of purely peoples hopes, and no basic facts, unlike this one, where you do in fact provide facts. I don't know about Roxas, but for Sora, the facts make it sound more believable. But I don't think that that would be how it occurs. I mean, do you honostly picture what you are saying occuring in the next kingdom hearts game?

It was, after all, explained that unbirths are the exsact opposites of being born. So first, let us establish the one, simple question. How would you describe the opposite of a human being born?

7. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

My brain hurts after reading your theory. But that is because it is very well thought out and other stuff.

8. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Coloured statements go with the points you stated in the theory.

Was this ever confirmed? It is also possible that the first heartless would be discovered in the story of the game.

Actually, many of us, such as daxma, Haseo, ArchAwesomeman, and others, discussed this on a separate. We knew that the enemies would be based on the Soul a long time ago.

Your assumption actually does make some sense.

This also makes sense.

Once again. This is plausible.

Are you trying to state there that the Unbirths are actually the souls of former keyblade wielders not being able to find their hearts? Isn't that a Nobody?

All in all, your theory does make some remote sense.

9. AsianB Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes, Roxas did use a keyblade on Day 1 before entering the stations on Day 2 or 3, however, Roxas was in the simulated Twilight town and the way Roxas summon (well I don't even think he summon it) his keyblade almost seems like its digitally manipulated or created by Diz. You can watch that cutscene again, its different to how a normal keyblade gets summon by its wielder

I don't think I can come up with a theory to answer this question which is relevent to the game.

I will use an Asian cultural prespective to answer this (it has nothing to do with the game). The opposite of a human being born is the birth of a spirit/ghost. Spirits search for opportunities to reborn again as a human. The body of a human is only a mere shell that protects our spirit, thus spirits are insearch of bodies.

Its really hard to explain with the lack of evidence and facts so far since it was only recently announced that these enemies are called "unbirth" and we have no information on what they are, how they are created and etc...

However, assuming unbirths are created when keybladers are traped in their stations. We can say that unbirths are monsters with a body and heart, searching for a soul.

With this theory, I can kind of explain the plot of BBS and the relationship between Ven, Terra and Master Xehanort, but I will have to wait till more info gets release since there are still alot of missing pieces. I mean if Square reveals that "unbirth" are created by a totally different way, then this theory will be completely wrong, then I will have to think of other theories again.

10. Noise For Love and Justice

i agree with Daxma, but are Amber a translation error or a sub level of the Unbriths like shadows of heartless?

11. Scott Pilgrim Banned

The Amber is a translation error or so I'm told by 8 different people.

12. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I believe it was stated some time ago.

13. AquaXion Moogle Assistant

i think he meant the TYPE of unbirths they are. just like their are shadow heartless,