Is life fair?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by EvilMan_89, Nov 24, 2008.

?

Do you think life is fair?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    81.1%
  1. EvilMan_89 Code Master

what the topic says, do you think life is fair for people? i remember reading in some book that says something along this line "life is just. everyone has a balance of good and bad in their life whether they know it or not". do you think that's true? i mean in some cases it can be and some cases it probably isn't. so.......discuss.

oh and i posted this here and not the Debate Corner because i want to discuss it, not really in the mood to debate it.

2. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Not life isn't fair and i can tell you why.Because life is what it's made by the people around you.That is why you can't create the perfect world because it's not up to one person it's up to everyone.

3. Juicy Chaser

Life isn't fair unless you believe in destiny. Unless you think that your life is "set up before you" then everything that happens is coincedental and random. Nobody gets an equal balance of good and bad. Nobody gets magically rewarded for their good deeds. This can be seen with people who are kind and giving all their lives, then just get a string of misfortunes in return. If life was fair that criminal on the run would be behind bars |:

4. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't think so.

5. Finale Wannabe Nobody

This may sound emo, but no

the trick is to knock it out of your way and see the good, instead of the bad.

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

oh i forgot to say this before. before you answer, do try to think about both your life and think about the lives of other people you know as well. because everyone has a different perception of what's good and what's bad.

7. Finale Wannabe Nobody

i do, i try not thinking about the bad things...though that doesnt always work. and alot of my friends are emos whom i try to cheer up, if your down then i hope you get happier evilman_89

8. Juicy Chaser

Okay, lets compare my own life.

You could say I have it okay. I live in a fairly wealthy family where I've never known anyone particularly close to die and we have a safe place to live, lots of friends. We have enough of what we need.

I've never broken the law, except those silly unnescessary ones xD I've never even had a detention at school. I haven't deliberatly harmed anyone unless in self defence. And yet since I was seven I have been in and out of hospital like a yo-yo, for many different reasons. Hell, I know that place off by heart. Is that fair? Is it fair that someone like me has to inject themselves and pierce their skin up to six times a day? I think not.

I've given my view on other people already ^^

9. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

No way. Life is not fair and that's what makes it fun. XD Well, interesting at least. If life was fair, there would be nothing for us to debate about :D

10. Styx That's me inside your head.

To put it somewhat awkwardly, it's not fair to say that life isn't fair.
    A fair life would imply getting what you deserve.
    But who decides on what you deserve? Do you? Don't think so.
    The question of being "fair" or not simply does not apply to life.

11. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

No. Generally, most have to work more than play so that's pretty dam bad and unfair.

12. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

No, life is unfair.

Infact my day today is a good example, I was having a good day and I got the two groups that seemed to of happened together with a few exceptions and then I left early, fogot that I get picked up, walked half way through town and got harassed by two high women.

Now you tell me why should the later of happened? simple, life just isn't fair because of other people and sometimes yourself.

13. The Fuk? Dead

No, I could give an example with my situation, but I don't feel like it.

14. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Complex numbers care not for how you feel.

15. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Someone like you? Sounds a bit arrogant to me. You are no better than anyone else in this world. Someone like you is the exact same thing as someone like me. The way you've described things it seems the only thing in life that might be considered a burden is hospital visits and a few needles. Be thankful for what you have because everyone has a problem in thier life, the unfair part is that 'someone like you' might and up with a shitload more problems than you for absolutely no reason. Natural selection and probability are a *****, aren't they?

16. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Nope.

Was this question supposed to be hard?

17. Juicy Chaser

Excuse me but the creator of the thread asked us to compare out own lives and so I did |: And posed the question is my life fair? And I did point out that Im quite lucky with how I live but this isn't a thread on comparing how well off people are this is about whether life is fair depending on your actions >.>
    I'm sorry I don't have a terrible life that I can whine about.
    And I didn't once say I was better than anyone else |: You jump to conclusions too much, mister.

18. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

life isn't fair. i finally find my love, the one i want forever and ever. but she lives in a completely different state. like a lot of states away (Nevada-New York)

19. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

I think I had a dream about this happening.

20. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

No, it isn't. If it was then it wouldn't be worth living. It's how people show what they're made of. Sure, not everyone can have a Donald Trump story, but even someone as unappreciated as the single mother is a prime example of how life isn't fair, but even still it is possible to have a decent life if you put your mind to it.

Someone doesn't know how to read properly. :/ She wasn't saying she was ungrateful, far from it in fact. She was just saying that her life isn't perfect. She wasn't trying to gain sympathy or attention, she was just backing her argument with an example. Try reading the first post of the thread before posting in it, because it said to use your own life as a means of argument.