Birth by Sleep BBS worth buying a PSP for?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Sumi, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Sumi suicidé

Pretty much as it says... I haven't bought BBS yet since I don't own a PSP. Would it be worth buying a PSP for? From what I've seen/heard, it's cool and really important, but since money is an issue, would it be worth buying a new handheld for? Do you think it is worth buying?

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Most definitely! I would suggest it 100%! great characters, story, keyblades, everything... i'm sorry to hear that you are on short of money, but if you can, get it. It is worth your while!

3. Rhiscx Banned

^^This.

Actually I'm even saving up to get BBSFM! I can't wait 'till I get it:)

4. Sorox Merlin's Housekeeper

I've thought the same exact thing. I'm thinking I should buy a PSP so I can play BBS at full fps (i can play the emulated version, but it's slow and mostly unresponsive), but if I get a psp, I can't get another console for awhile, so getting a 3ds for KH3D would be a problem. And then there's the problem if KHIII comes out for PS3, which I would rather get then a psp for a prequel. Overall, I'd wait to get PSP just for BBS until you know what system the next few KH games are going to be on. Seeing as KH3D is actually in the main timelie and takes place right after KHII, I would rather get a 3DS instead of a PSP. That's just me though. I'm waiting to hear what system KHIII will be coming out on before i do anything though.

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Birth By Sleep was the only reason I bought a PSP. Yes, it's totes worth it. c:

DO EET.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

oh yeah. I would buy any game system for one specific game. I mean, I'd buy more, but I bought my first DS just so I could play pokemon Diamond. I'd say most definately get a PSP so you can play BBS

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, I have neither a PSP or BBS, so take my opinion with a grain of salt~

I personally don't think you should buy a handheld (or a console for that matter) solely for just one game. BBS has great characters, an in depth story and is important to the KH series. But you also have to consider if there are another other games for the PSP that you'd be interested in playing, especially if you play the mess out of BBS and get bored with it.

tl;dr version: BBS is a great game, but make sure that the PSP has other titles you'd want to play before buying it (PSP).

8. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

It is defiantly worth it because BBS is an amazing game.

Also you can get extremely cheap games like Crisis Core that are still very fun(I bought it for like 7 bucks), along with the Dissidia games which I've heard are good.
    I think they might still have a combo deal with BBS+PSP, but I'm not certain. Buying a used PSP is also an option, mine was pre-owned and has worked perfectly(plus it's a unique blue color).

9. program Twilight Town Denizen

As everyone says, hopefully everyone, a PSP is cheap now and BBS is very much worth it! Three times the game play then the normal games! A whole story to put together, awesome new abilities,forms,Weapons ETC...
    Its worth it, really!

10. Princess-Sammi Merlin's Housekeeper

BBS was the reason I bought a PSP. :) I also look forward to playing BBS:FM (I'm waiting for the next English patch). I desperately want the limited edition Kingdom Hearts PSP console - I'll probably buy it pre-owned.

11. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

If you can get a used one, then sure, I guess. I personally wouldn't say BbS is good enough to buy a brand-new PSP for only that game.

12. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

It is totally worth it BBS was the greatest KH game I've ever played

13. Sorox Merlin's Housekeeper

From an illegal POV, if you really wanted to get the most out of your PSP, Jailbreak it, then get download and play BBS and any other games you'd be interested in. From a legal point, I'd wait until you can get BBS and a used PSP for about 50$. It'd only be worth it then.

14. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Its not Jailbreaking actually. It is Custom FirmWare (CFW). Plus not everyone uses CFW to pirate games.

Anyway back to the OP. I guess it depends on how much money you have to lose to be honest. If money is a tough thing with you then by all means don't get it but if it isn't a problem at all then I would get it. I like the game a lot plus the PSP is a good system.

15. RikuxXion Merlin's Housekeeper

I bought my psp for bbs. I just asked for money for my b-day and i had enough money to buy the psp and the game.

16. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I would totally buy a PSP for that game. very worth it

however, if you really cant afford it, just watch the cutscenes. there is literally NO important dialogue that isnt in a cutscene, so theres no holes.

id also suggest buying a used PSP. chances are, itll still work, its just that someone else played it for awhile. make sure you get a new memory card, or delete the previous owners data tho'.

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

I say go for it.

When I bought my PSP, I bought it so I could play Phantasy Star Portable.

If Phantasy Star Portable is enough to make someone, like me, buy a PSP, then Birth by Sleep definitely is.

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Go for it.
    There are tons of great games for the PSP and BBS is my favorite KH Game so its worth it to get a PSP just for BBS. Here are some other great games to consider as well as BBS:

Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
    God of War: Chains of Olympus
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta
    Assassin's Creed: bloodlines
    Twisted Metal: Head on

But whether or not you get it is up to you. I'd by a PSP 1000 since they last the longest and it'd be about $100 and $30 for BBS plus $20 for the 4 GB Memory stick (its the best one to use since Install Data makes BBS load faster)

19. Sorox Merlin's Housekeeper

The thing with ME is that I would buy BBS and a psp with money I get for Christmas this year, but I want a PS3 with BF3 too. I can only choose one though. Why? Because the cheapest I'll be able to get a PSP with BBS is about 80-110 USD, while a PS3 with BF3 would cost me anywhere between 200-300 USD. If I wait it out a while, I could probably get both in April because of the Tax returns, but that's only if I don't spend my money on anything.

Wait, just had a great idea. All i'm asking for christmas this year is a PSP and BBS, then with my Birthday and christmas money, I'll get a PS3 :D
    Then again, I DO want a External 1TB HDD for my laptop and a pillow for christmas too. Life can be hard.

SO, to the OP, after hearing my story, what do you think you should do?

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Wait to get the PSP.

I don't know if the Vita will be backwards compatible (it might be but i'm still not sure) but if it is, it's better to wait for it.