Kingdom Hearts II Is the Ultima Weapon really worth the trouble????

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by SonGoku, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Llave Superless Moderator

I thought that Oblivion took down one swing to your combo, but I suppose I'm wrong. I haven't played that gem in a while.

If they are to make an "Ultimate" weapon, you would think it would be considerably powerful in all aspects, compared to other keyblades...

2. Rhiscx Banned

Look, as far as I know: "To each their own." This argument hurts my head. Bottom line, it's all about your fighting style. As long as the blade matches your strategy, then any blade can be worth getting. In to short powerful combos? Fenrir is for you. Magic use and well balanced fighting your style? Ultima is for you. Love using magic and getting your drive up? Oblivion is for you. I could go through each blade, but I won't.

If your asking if Ultima is worth getting in general, then first I would look at your priorities. If you have finishes all else, and got nothing better to do? Go for it.

@Llave: We both know I am the Ultimate weapon in that game. Or do you need a re-demonsration on KHIIFM?

3. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Ultima weapon was kind of a let down for me. It looked nice, but the effort to get the mats, like everyone else has said, is a real grind-fest. The starts are actually quite good, but given that you can't get all the items you need until pretty much end game, it's quite an anti-climatic reward for all the effort. Given that it's the best offensive keyblade before getting Fenrir, for defeating Sephiroth, it's great, but if you can beat Sephiroth before you get the Ultima (I did it at around 68, using Bond of Flames) then use the Fenrir (If you use melee more than magic) Also, from what I can remember, Fatal Crest is more magic oriented that the Ultima, minus the MP Hastega (which is a useless ability, if you already have it equiped)

That's my two cents on the Ultima, anyway.

4. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

After a while it was worth it....even if I did die a few times
    whilst battling Sephiroth.
    It is still a good piece of equipment. And it looks nice. It's ability is useful and it looks nice. ^0^

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Am I the only one that didn't find it that hard to get? Out of all the games I think it is the easiest to obtain it in KH2. There is nothing special about obtaining the recepie, by the time you are at end game (which you have to be anyway to get the one from the Goddess of Fate cup) I already had like 90% of what was needed, there is a bit of a puzzle involved with the 13 Orichalcum+'s but it is common knowledge amongst most players and only requires a Moogle lvl 2 to fix.

I mean the keyblade isn't fantastic but it is generally considered the best keyblade in the game (well until Final Mix anyway). It isn't game breaking, but if you obtain it odds are good it will be your keyblade of choice.

There are a a handful of items that are pains to acheive at endgame, notably the Dark Crystal, Twilight Gem, and Frost Stone; but if you are willing to use a guide then it doesn't take that long to get everything. And you can use those materials to make other stuff along the way since you aren't required to keep them, only to have given them to the moogle at some point.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Even when I used my guide, it was still a pain to get. The Dark Gem, or Crystal, which ever one it was, took the most, because even with all the lucky lucky's, it still took forever for those Assassins to give up even one.

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Twilight Gem.

Final or Master Form + Magnega allows you to clear that room in perhaps 5 seconds (I'll give you 15 if you mess up the timing and they dive into the ground), use the savepoint in Proof of Existance to reset drive and respawn the room, rinse and repeat. With that it shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to get with the 7 Lucky Lucky's even if you are being unlucky.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

really? I did it in about 5 seconds using Thundaga. Just use it once and you've already got 3 of them, depending on your level. Then I just go back to the save point and retry.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I would prefer the one Magnaga to clear the room to the one Thundaga to kill three to them, granted the thundaga would hit them in the ground IIRC so a combination of our strategies would likely be best, but all the same that room has a very quick turnaround.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah. It was only annoying because if you didn't get it with the 4, you had to go back, and since there's only 4, you don't really have the highest of chances.
    And of course I used the Thundaga again after hitting the first 3. They never got under the floor once they appeared

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I was never the best at probability but if my math is right, given the assassin's default drop rate of 8% you have a ~28% chance of getting it each time you clear that room or ~49% for clearing twice. So unassited by Lucky Lucky it is pretty much a coin flip on if you'll get it by going in there just twice, not bad at all really. I think with Lucky Lucky's the most cycles I've done to get one is 3.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, I am doing probability in math right now, but it's a pain, and I don't want to do it

13. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Well, if Thundaga or Magnaga don't clear up easy, in that room I always used that thing of the Windows Form (I don't remember, Move + Square ability) to get in the center in time, then I use Reflectga (Sorry, I don't remember exactly this spell's name too! =X) and all Assassins explode! :)

And get the Dark Crystals was pretty hard too, since there isn't any enemies (for what I recall) that drops them besides the Air Pirate. X_X

Get Orichalcums and Orichalcums+ was really easy. Well, comparing with the Ship's Routes, everything is easy! It's just get close to the Journal (I already completed Jiminy Journal in Proud but still couldn't complete the Ship's Routes!).

Oh yeah, I think getting Ultima Weapon is a little hard, but is easier in Kingdom Hearts II than in Kingdom Hearts I.

14. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

It's not worth I beat the game by just sticking with oblivion.

15. yellowflash Moogle Assistant

Yeah.. you're kinda right.. I've tried to battle Sephiroth once using fatal crest and almost dominated him(i'm such a braggart) =))
    next time, i would try kingdom key ... just to test ^^,

```p.s
    this was done in proud mode,, lvl 64

Yeah.. you're kinda right.. I've tried to battle Sephiroth once using fatal crest and almost dominated him(i'm such a braggart) =))
    next time, i would try kingdom key ... just to test ^^,

```p.s
    this was done in proud mode,, lvl 64

16. VenVen Merlin's Housekeeper

I actually synthesized it when I already finished the game.. Well, to me I like Oblivion better than Ultima. But idk, it's just my opinion. It depends on what the player thinks :)

17. NYAN CAT =^_^= Destiny Islands Resident

​Its always worth the trouble to have the strongest weapon in the game.

18. 61 No. B

yes. because its awesome and im a completionist.
    though the games easy without it, you dont really need anything beyond kingdom key, unless you need something like fenrir for the side quests, in which case you may want to get it because it makes sephiroth super easy.

19. JasonHazAKeyblade Moogle Assistant

The ultima keyblade.... I LOVED IT SO MUCH I BOUGHT A COSPLAY VERSION!!! but i have to wait a month. but worth it. anyways the ultima keyblade is totally worth it! alike as the Fenrir(forgive me if i got it wrong) i havent played the game in 4 years but im getting back into it so the weapon is really worth it. When i was still a kid it took me awhile to get it. you should really get it though!

20. sora the explorer Destiny Islands Resident

searching for the materials is extremely hard, in kh2 it isnt really worth it, but in kh1, heck ya it is, that is how i beat sepheroth at lv 70