Kingdom Hearts II Let's talk about how stupid Sora is.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Tammylita, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammylita Destiny Islands Resident

I live in a pineapple under the sea...Wait.
    I don't mean Sora himself, because I do like him. This isn't a hate thread.

It's a thread where we talk about how dumb he acted in KH-2, how Haley Joel Osment needs to get shot (at least, not be in the third installment), and how he was completely racist to the Nobodies.

Any thought on this? :)

2. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

O_O How can you talk about how stupid some one is without hate? o_O

On topic....I just hate it when Sora is acting Nobodyist.

3. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

Definitely. He had no reason to hate Organization XIII so much. All they wanted was to have hearts and be real people. Like Pinocchio. But unlike Pinocchio, Sora decided to kill them instead of helping.

Plus he has some really bad lines. And his vocabulary consists mostly of "Huh?" and "What?"

4. Nailpolish <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

EFF YOU Haley Joel Osment's voice is super sexi

5. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

yeah
    remeber in the lod he said "hey no cutting!"
    i'm all "we're not in second grade anymore sora!"

6. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

LOL, except he got punched after that.

7. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

NO! you know who's voice is sexy David Gallagher, espically in that interview thingy. "Riku is a sexy guy, he's just a sexy guy, and the gamer girls are really going to like it. I think his voice is pretty sexy , he's got a deep dark senisbilty. Every girl goes through a bad boy face, come on!" LMAO I loled soo hard

8. myoblivion King's Apprentice

I must say....That even though I think Sora is so Kawaii ^.^ I wouldnt let him get away with that...He's the keyblade master! COME ON MAN! Dont let Donald figh your fights! Also when he got cut in line he should of pushed them away or something...Not sure if that would be like him though..

9. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

This is so friggin spamzone worthy.

Sora isn't that bad BTW...

10. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

I want to read that interview.

Well, yep, Sora is an all-around idiot. Take, for example, just before the fight with Demyx. It took Sora a looooong time to figure out that Donald and Goofy weren't going to force him to leave Hollow Bastion.

11. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mNlipbftTOs

12. Star_Seeker King's Apprentice

I made a thread about this... With all the interviews... A looong time ago... >_>
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=14883

13. Tootsie coquí

I don't think he's stupid but rather um..clueless?

I think he was worse in KH.
    >>

14. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

15. ukali_rules Twilight Town Denizen

Sora is kind of stupid. Not to mention, Riku is like... eight inches taller then him. And I agree. SORA IS RACIST!!!

The Nobodies simply wanted hearts. But nooooooooo, Sora has to go and KILL them all!

Okay, I'm good.

Anyway. Sora is like, "d00d! wh0 u?" throughout the entire game. He's not the sharpest pin in the drawer....

... or whatever that saying it.

16. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

Not to mention "I'M NOT ROXAS!" and him not remembering being turned into a Heartless. I would think that it would be pretty traumatizing...

17. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh yeah... Just realized, Sora is pretty racist to Nobodies!!!!
    Never thought of it like that before!!!

18. ShadowMancer King's Apprentice

Actually, he's angry because the Nobodies kidnapped Kairi and that they were using him. To stay on topic, I don't like that he killed the heartless, even though he knew that it'd help Organization XIII.

19. Repliku Chaser

Sora had to kill the Heartless even if it helped the Organization. If he didn't, they were going to kill people in the immediate. Others were helping Sora along and did a lot of the thinking for him in some ways.

I like Sora but some of the funniest things to me were Sora's clueless lines and well, missing things that of all people GOOFY pointed out, when Riku wasn't able to.

i.e.
    Ping...Goofy could tell she was a girl but Donald and Sora were just not seeing it.

Auron ...Hades tricks Sora into unlocking the underdrome and Sora says when Auron says someone opened it..'who would do a thing like that?'

I don't think Sora was so 'prejudiced' to Nobodies but went off what information he had. He was sooner to react and be ticked off and he did go ahead and spurn Demyx into a fight which shocked me. However, if you see when he walks out of fighting Xigbar even, he does shake his head like he's sad. Sora was very confused and all about why they were calling him Roxas.

Riku though there did better. He could have chosen to be pretty vengeful himself because he did not forget CoM like Sora did. He also questioned what DiZ was doing and once DiZ was going on a fanatical spree, Riku did not comply with orders, felt bad for Roxas and Namine, and spoke to Axel too. I think he understood more.

In Sora's defense though, Yen Sid really did paint the Nobodies out to all be horrible beings that should just let go of existence because it was wrong. Yes, some seemed less harmful and maybe wanted a different way of things, but others were really wretched, like Saix, who kept bothering Sora and used Kairi as bait. Also, even if you can sympathize with the Nobodies and the fact they just wanted to exist, wouldn't you want to stop them before they destroyed everyone else so they could have what they wanted? Some he might have been to talk out of it but the threat was huge. Sometimes you can sympathize but you have to make a choice and stop people any way.

20. Star_Seeker King's Apprentice

^ Yeah, I agree ^

I don't really consider Sora a racist, sure he's a little harsh, but think about it. If he let the Nobodies get their way, Xemnas would have used Kingdom Hearts to create a whole new world of darkness. If he succeeded, would you want to live in his world? And if he failed, as Ansem the Wise stated, I can only imagine what destruction would follow.

Yes, some Nobodies were completely harmless *cough*Demyx*cough*, but many others were manipulating Sora, and took a lot of pleasure in torturing him, his memories, and his loved ones. And as the Keyblade Master, it's Sora's job to get rid of threats, and keep the peace (like the ending of KH, when Sora had to close the door, but didn't want to).

And if Organization XIII got their hearts back, it would land them right where most of them started- Conducting evil experiments with Heartless.

But enough on that note...

I think Sora's personality is funny (if not painful to watch T_T). And him being slow and ignorant is part of what makes him such a great character. It wouldn't hurt to get a new writer though... XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.