Literate Beans

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Chevalier, May 28, 2012.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It's alright, I just put it up here so it would be noticed. The CnC doesn't have to come right off the bat.

Either one works for me. Just do whatever feels best for you.

2. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I would also like to request some CnC, for this here, if it's not too much trouble.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Wow. I have to say, this was really well written (a nice change from all of the lovey-dovey CookiiexWhat? fics). The way you described everyone was great and you used a pretty relatable scenario.

I can't really think of anything else to say. No errors in spelling or grammar that I caught and it was just easy to read.

4. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Guys, it'd be ideal if you posted in their respective threads. That way the sections get more activity and you get post count. Unless you want to go more in-depth and be like discussion buddies and stuff lol.

But yeah, I'll try to look over your works and what not. If time doesn't allow me I'll just threaten Claw and Plums to do it for me like I always do.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Plz >:L

But yeah, I read Cat's story and apparently commented on it before ._. Though I can re-critique in here if you'd like haha. Especially since I've now seen AVENGERS). Currently about to read Feenie's and comment. o:

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

If you want to, go right ahead.

Your perspective might've changed after seeing Cap and Tony's on screen interactions~

7. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh. My. God. KHV IS BECOMING SO HOMEY AND WONDERFUL!

Ohohohohohoho this shall be splendid!

8. Mish smiley day!

So I'm going to join this here family because I love to help people out with their writing and I also want to get back into writing creatively myself as I haven't done so for a long, long time. :c

Username : Mish

Family Member/Title : The Loquacious Lady

Personality : At my worst, I can be stubborn or too reserved. At my best, I am ambitious, thoughtful, lively and compassionate. I like to think that I am approachable and easy to get along with, or at least.. I hope ;;

Literary Arts Specialty : Grammar and semantics. I'm currently studying English Language so linguistics is one of my strong points. I have had friends come to me when they need papers or projects to be proof-read and I have enoyed beta-reading for people in the past. I appreciate a range of literature, from fast-paced action/horror to childhood classics like Roald Dahl. Peter and Wendy remains as one of my favourite works to this date, haha.

Anything else you'd like to share? : I have planned to take part in NaNoWriMo for the past three years running, but I have never gotten round to it lol. :I

9. Misty gimme kiss

Commented on yours, Cat. c: Will hit yours soon, Feenie!

If it's good to start a bit of writing discussion in here, I'm curious--how do you guys write? Do you type things on Word? Write it out with the good old pen and paper? A mixture?

I've generally stuck to typing on Word, but I've recently begun writing ideas and, even, full chapters in a notebook. I write a lot slower than I type, so I find that I'm more likely to reflect and choose my words carefully with pen and paper. I also revise it on paper, to the point where things look like a bit of an awful mess, hah. And then a final draft goes into Word, where I just fix up little things (ideally).

10. Mish smiley day!

I have almost completely abandoned the pen and paper, haha. Not only do I get awful cramps in my hand after writing for a long time, but I also edit and rewrite so many things that it would just turn into an illegible mess. Adding to that, I also use dictionary.com with every single thing that I write, ever. I obsessively check words to make sure that I'm using them correctly and I even have a tab open right now from when I looked up a word that I used in this very post... And I always proof-read before submitting anything publicly.

When I type, I tend to choose my words as carefully as I would if I were writing on paper, if not moreso. Though this is probably because I know that what I type on my laptop will be, or is at least intended to be, seen by other people: forum posts, emails, university papers etc etc. whereas I keep my paper notes to myself, so I don't feel the need to double-check. If that makes any sense..

11. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I saw it and thank you.

Well, since most of my stuff is being written at school (best use of my time ever, right?), I tend to have these composition books/sheets of paper that are totally FULL of fanfiction. Sometimes I'll try to type it out on Word, but I can never seem to start a story while on the computer. Still, I'm sort of lacking in inspiration at the moment (can't continue previous works, can't make new ones, can't stray from the fanfics), so we'll see how summer turns out.

12. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Username : Guardian Soul

Family Member/Title : Space Case

Personality : My friends like to say that "I'm here but my mind is probably over there" since I have a tendency to just blank and snap back into reality not knowing that I just wasted a good 5 minutes staring at nothing but the horizon. I'm usually quiet and I tend to keep to myself but when I'm around people I'm close to, I tend to be more comfortable and open up more.

Literary Arts Specialty : Characterization. I like to believe that the characters I make are interesting. Despite me liking to torture them. >_> As for genre, I tend to stick with speculative fiction in general. I like having supernatural elements in my stories since normal life just feels so boring at times. xD

Anything else you'd like to share? : This app is much harder than it looks

I thought I'd share a writing exercise from the old Writing Family that Sforzato created.

13. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

That England thingy place I've always lived in
    Username : Agent.T

Family Member/Title : The twentieth agent

Personality : I tend to find it easier to talk to people online but do find myself getting internet shy sometimes, I will never back down if someone else has a problem and I do try to be there for everyone :) I also find myself to be fairly creative~

Literary Arts Specialty : I love writing poetry :) It is my greatest passion~

Anything else you'd like to share? : I suck at writing things like this but still I hope to find myself becoming good friends with everyone :)_

14. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Since I don't write stories, much less big ones, it's either pen 'n' paper or Facebook Messages. Oh, and I never do drafts, I don't trust them. (Silly me...) Long live my spontaneousness~!

In fact, I hate, hate, haaate using Word. I've done so much boring schoolwork I get somewhat unnerved when using it. Hah, I guess that's a pretty ridiculous thing to post in here. :b

Hey Misty!

15. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I used to write pen and paper exclusively, but due to my teachers being unable to read my writing, I've switched over to computer. I still write ideas on paper, but full stories isn't working when I can barely read my own printing.

16. Stardust Chaser

Yo just posting my profile o;

Username : Stardust

Family Member/Title : The Analytic

Personality : I'm pretty introverted and enjoy the quiet and being by myself, but I also enjoy helping people when I can. Pretty laid-back, or at least I try to be, and I can be mildly obsessive over things I like (as I'm sure many of you are aware -- I have a bit of a reputation for it). I promise I do not mean to ruin things for anyone else in doing that, it's just the way I am, so apologies if I come off as obnoxious. Other than that I guess I'm just sort of a nerd, I love anime, video games, books, music, all kinds of stuff.

Literary Arts Specialty : Essays, probably. I work much better writing an analysis with a prompt than writing creatively. The prompt gives me direction, and I'm pretty good at pulling examples from the source material and making connections between them. In creative writing, it's different because everything's got to come straight out of my brain, instead of my brain making connections between two things (the work and the prompt, respectively). I'm also decent with vocabulary and good with spelling, and supposedly good with writing dry/sarcastic humor.

Anything else you'd like to share? : ...Having said that about creative writing, that's definitely what I'd like to improve upon. In my experience, I have the most difficulty integrating descriptions into a story in a way that flows naturally. Also part of it is that I'm terrified to show anyone things that I write, so :c .

17. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

That England thingy place I've always lived in
    It really depends on what the first thing I'm able to write with happens to be. If it's a computer I either upload it straight to deviantart, send to friend on facebook or type it up on word. If not it will be pen and paper and will often be accompanied by a drawing :3

Though as for coming up with ideas...Usually I'll be out and something on the street will inspire me...So I end up piecing the poem together in my head and chanting it out loud until I can jot it down x3 How about you guys? What do you do when you get sudden ideas?

18. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

It generally depends for me. If i get stuck with a flash of inspiration, I keep a notebook and pen on me at all times when I'm out so that I can write stuff down. However, I write far more often on my PC ... because it's very comfy to write on it xD.

19. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Most of the time, my actual writing is done in Word. But when it comes to brainstorming, outlining, and mind mapping, I usually grab a notebook, go outside and start to write notes about various things in my stories such as characters, the world, and how I want certain scenes or the overall plot to play out for example.

20. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

PLUMS LOOK, I'M POSTING. I'M POSTING.
    ████████ ███████ █████████

Username : Korosu

Family Member/Title : The Wise Wolf. I've been watching too much Spice and Wolf, okay.

Personality : Nondescript.

Literary Arts Specialty : I wouldn’t say I have a specialty. I am useless. Inadequate. How silly for me to even post here. My writing skill is horrific and extremely unpleasant. But an author came into my School, Carole Anne Carr and demanded to see my work, so I wrote her something inspired by Another to try to get to leave me alone. Here were her thoughts.
    I felt that piece work was horrible since I was basically like "WRITING TO SCARE CHILDREN'S AUTHOR, YEEES."
    tl;dr; Kelly has no confidence whatever so ever in her writing skill.

Anything else you'd like to share?
    : I enjoy Horror and Crime novels. I’ve also started to read Classic books, such as Sherlock Holmes, The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Dabbling in Shakespeare at the moment, as well.

Lovey to meet you all. ~

████████ ███████ █████████