Literate Beans

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Chevalier, May 28, 2012.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Would someone tell me what a slash fic is? I'm torn between gory and something sexual...

/obliviousandtoolazytogoogle

2. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Put simply, a slash fic is a fan fiction that pairs two, or sometimes more ohohoho, characters of the same sex together. So basically yaoi or yuri.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Basically, yes, though yaoi/yuri tends to apply to things that come out of Japan--slash is a more universal term. For example, a Harry Potter slash fic would be Harry/Draco, or Ginny/Hermione. Slash typically applies to male/male relationships as well, with female/female being called 'femslash.'

4. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I see. So what's a lemon?

5. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Lemon typically applies to fics of a more sexual nature, often involving smut of some description.

I couldn't tell you the difference between a lemon and a lime though ...

EDIT: after some term searching on TV tropes and other such places: Lemon typically refers to what I said above. Lime typically refers to softer and typically don't involve actual sex.

6. nega-lea151 Merlin's Housekeeper

Username : nega-axel151

Family Member/Title : I guess uncle/ lea's heartless

Personality : quiet silent type unless a song I know Is playing then I'll break into song

Literary Arts Specialty :crossovers, adventure, and (dark heroic type) novels (I guess not sure if that's a type)

Anything else you'd like to share? : I really do break into song if I know it and I am very quiet and strong

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

oh GOD so much to reply to:

NaNoWriMo: Defs been interested in doing it before, but at the same time I'm a bit intimidated? I mean, most of my stories range around 2000 words each, and I could keep going (ala BotC/Cascadia), but at the same time I feel like I get a bit ridiculous with imagery and such and would probably not keep up quality too much D;;. Though if you all want to get a group going, I'd be sure to check it out. o:

Writing Style: I've grown to prefer typing over hand writing. We always have to type our assignments up for creative writing, and I pretty much live on the computer anyway so lolol. Admittedly, whenever I do decide to hand-write something, I usually go back multiple times to check it over and make sure it sounds nice, whereas when typing something I just go with it and fix while I'm still writing more.

8. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Username : What?

Family Member/Title : The Sagely Sesquipedalian

Personality : Fairly calm and relaxed, with a horrid but pervasive sense of humour. Very slightly aloof in regards to being private with the self, but absolutely adores to help and speak with others. Attempts to be as open-minded as possible and tries to put new, creative twists on many things.

Literary Arts Specialty : Scenery descriptions and world-building, symbolism, complicated plot-lines, can juggle multiple themes, recurring motifs, typically writes on a continuum of symbolic realism to speculative fiction to magical realism, occasionally with some science fiction elements. Work can at times contain metafictional self-referential humour that includes wordplay and fourth wall-breaking.

Anything else you'd like to share? : Weakness is definitely sticking with a story and revising the plot over and over as to make sure it is impeccable, along with actually finishing the story itself. It is also wished that character dialogue can be as close to naturally perfect as possible, as many stories are slowly becoming very dialogue-driven as well. Is currently working on two possible stories for writing, this summer - the first, Madame Mondiale, is a tale of time travel, family, and the effects of the internet on society, and the second, Notre Dame de Paris (or Our Lady of Paris) is a post-apocalyptic tale about balances between personal journeys and collective journeys in human moral evolution, and the connections and similarities held between separated people, told through the eyes of a young Parisian girl. PotS and PanS are both excellent events and it is hoped that this lovely family here will continue to encourage the well-established literary trend and presence on the forum!

9. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Yep,
    Because this thread needed a lil' bump.

10. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Username :Ventus108

Family Member/Title : the Wibbly Wobbly Fan Fiction Writer

Personality : Spazztic and animated. Uses a lot of dialog and uses his own life to inspire his works' situations.

Literary Arts Specialty : Fanfictions.

Anything else you'd like to share? : I use a lot of dialog, but try to describe the situations as well as I can. All feedback on my work is welcome. I also have a hard time sticking with a story. The story I'm writing right now, Shadow of hyrule, has been worked on more, but I haven't started on the 6th chapter yet. I am still looking for inspiration. I have started planning another story, but I will write it as soon as SoH is done

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS

I DlDN'T KNOW CAMP NANOWRIMO STARTED THIS MONTH

AAAAAARGH I'M SO BEHIND ;_____;

12. Sumi suicidé

Heyo brossss. Just got home from the last reading for my arts program as my Creative Writing teacher is now retired. There were some really amazing poets out there! My best friend in the program and I had to read first haha. Do y'all like to attend readings of poetry or prose? :3

13. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

That England thingy place I've always lived in
    Sounds like a lot of fun ^_^
    I would love to attend a reading...Apparently readings of local writers happen every now and then in a book cafe in town but I always miss it D:

By the by everyone! I just had an idea...We should do some collaboration projects! ^_^ For example one person writes a single line for a poem then another person writes the next line and so on and so forth until we have a finished piece of work ^_^ It's just an idea but I think it could be fun :3

14. Misty gimme kiss

I think I have trouble listening to longer works when they're spoken; poetry I could handle, because the lines/stanzas tend to be shorter, but I think I would lose focus if it were prose. Also, I like to re-read things at times, both before and after I've finished the whole piece. Poetry especially there, because you may not discern the overall meaning on the first read through, especially on a complex piece.

Then again, I've never really attended any live readings. Worth a try, certainly.

15. Sumi suicidé

I love going to readings, although I do prefer poetry over prose in a reading. Every month I go to a reading at a local bookstore and sometimes I go to a few others, but it's really fun because it's all kids from the high schools in my town. (p.s. i'm actually the feature poet for august /screech)
    It's a lot easier when the pieces being read are meant to be read, as well. It is much easier to understand and keep track of when there is a set rhythm and tempo, and spoken poetry is the only time I can appreciate rhyme. ;_; ''

Collabs could be kinda fun, but it would be hard and we would have to go over it if we really wanted to be serious about it, imo. u_u '' It could be a fun game anyway.

Also - OPINIONS ON ADVERBS??

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, I've never really found a place to go to so I can't say. Still, I think it might be an interesting thing to see.
    and I totally don't have a stereotype of the freestyle where you snap instead of clapping

Also, I made an account on this one site and uploaded two fanfics (along with the Iron Man fic that a lot of you guys have already read): a Sherlock Holmes (movie) fic and one of my Who fics. If anyone wants to read them, they can be found here. The KHV thread for The Holmes Legacy is here. Neither of them are finished by any means, but I'll probably be working on them a bit in the summer anyway.

17. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

I'll take a gander later tonight :)

EDIT:
    Sumi: I know it would take some working out...perhaps if a set theme or mood was set it would help things move along...Just an idea for fun ^_^

And adverbs? I'm ot sure how I feel about them~

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

There's a Camp NaNoWriMo? o:

I am so behind on everything ;_____________;
    At school we usually have a biannual "coffee house" reading, the first of which is more geared to the 9th grade creative writers and the last more for the seniors. I take part in them most every year, and they really are enjoyable. I too tend to favor poetry over prose, but there's also a few plays and such interspersed. It's always interesting to hear what other people have written (although most of it isn't necessarily for performance hah).

I have to agree with Sumi on the collab. Though poetry may be a bit easier than prose, but there's also the fact that we need to find a poetry form that everyone would be comfortable writing in (NEVER SESTINA OH GOD NEVER)

19. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

I was thinking giving poetry a shot...If it went well perhaps moving onto prose...If we did try the collab...I think it would work best if we didn't stick to a specific style...Just letting it run free, if a member wishes to make a line rhyme with the previous line then by all means they may. If they feel they wish to start a new stanza then they may. I figure it's a fun thing to do and could possibly weave in a bunch of different writing techniques and styles and potentially create one amazing poem written by all who are interested ^_^

20. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Hai guize. I would just like to bump this and inform you that our first Cafe Session will begin on the 15th I will discuss with our leaders to choose a theme (as time goes by theme suggestion will be open to our members too :3) and we'll hopefully get the ball rolling on a few things to do as a group.

Woop woop~