Literate Beans

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Chevalier, May 28, 2012.

1. Krowley Moderator

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

I'll try to post in this sometime today (probably within the next hour or so haha).

Will also check this out. o;

My weirdest inspiration probably has to be my (offline) friends if anything. Typically our conversations get really weird with hypotheticals, and I often find myself drawing from those and getting an interesting idea or two for a possible thing to write.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Wow, I am really stumped on this! I write primarily fanfiction, so I suppose that drawing inspiration from video games (especially rather minor dialogue between characters) could be considered a bit weird. Other than that, I draw most inspiration from music and dreams, both of which I think are quite common.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

This. Most all of this is true for me as well.

Still, I have gotten some really weird inspiration from random daydreams that I've had.
    As in, I get bored and make it all up on the spot.

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Bump.

If any of you remember the Doctor Who fanfic that I was telling everyone about in the beginning of the thread, I finally got around to posting quite a bit of it a while back. I'm not sure if I should put it on KHV or not, but it's getting some nice feedback where it is. If anyone wants to give CnC or suggest something, it's right here.

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

BIZUMP A DUMP

Hey everyone. Krowley, Cat and Sunrose, I'm still going to check out your pieces and will have commented on them by tonight, really sorry about this. ;__;

Also, the next Cafe Session will be beginning sometime early next week -- if not this weekend.

Claw, Chev, Star and I will be talking about it tomorrow (since it's Independence Day today and we're all a bit busy). Again, we're really sorry about this, and will keep you guys posted as it comes along.

sorry sorry sorry sorry :CCCC

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Hello all, I have news: I'm writing my first creepy pasta! What it's about, I can't say yet but I'll post it on here when I'm done. Be prepared for a scare! *evil laugh*

8. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I'll be interested in reading that, haha.

Oh, btw Cat. I read your Doctor Who? fanfiction. Would you like me to share my thoughts on it through PM or VM?

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yeah, I'd really appreciate that Chev.

10. Sumi suicidé

Hello Family!! I've some work that I've posted on my writing tumblr from while I've been here at Interlochen and it would be awesome if you could go check it out and maybe PM me if you have any comments/ideas for revision? I've been working hard on my writing while I've been here and I'll have a lot to post on khv in a few days when I get back.
    I've been doing a lot of workshop and analyzing as well in both poetry and fiction, so, question: have you done much workshopping, and if so, do you enjoy it? what are some of your experiences with workshop?

also, on a side note, that awkward moment when all of you are better than a lot of the writers here ahahahaha

11. Plums Wakanda Forever

HEY.

KHV Awards are coming around, and the writing nominations have always been a little bare. Since we do have a writing group here, it would be very much appreciated if you could send in some nominations for the Writing/Arts/Video Editing categories! I am currently taking PMs for them, so just send 'em my way.

Let's show KHV the Nook and Lit (and other sections shhh) have some spirit in them! :B

12. Krowley Moderator

13. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

That England thingy place I've always lived in
    Hey beans! How's everybody been? :3 hope you're all doing good ^_^ I came back to the internet for realsies! :D I see there hasn't been much discussion lately...How about a fun game/inspiration thingy ma jiggy?
    Grab a dictionary (either online or a solid one) and pick out between 3 and 12 random words (No cheating) and incorporate all of them into a piece of writing...I tried it the other day....It's good fun but my laptop died before I could save it :\ I'll give it another go and edit it into the post when I'm done...May not be until i actually get some sleep but hey :3

14. Sumi suicidé

I once played a game similar to that and I ended up writing a flarf poem. xD I think the beginning went something like...

Bison splash through the river,
    Beautiful legs all aquiver,
    Souls softly slinking through time,
    Commandeering deftly through the heart of rhyme.

I scream in my soulless lifeless aloneness
    Hoping desperately with all my soul someone will witness
    My endless pain and catty catsuit wearingness

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Username : You'll never guess >:3 Ienzo

Family Member/Title : The Paradoxical perpendicular thinker

Personality : I am friendly and very extroverted. I enjoy to talk and get to know other people as people are my passion in this world, I also just enjoy to think about things. I just want to have fun in life :D

Literary Arts Specialty : Analysing texts. I don't write as much as I'd like so I'm hoping the family may give me some inspiration and help on how to become a good writer.

Anything else you'd like to share? : I have a box of jaffa cakes if anyone wants :D

16. T3F Chaser

Username : Olivia Benson (But I usually go by Amethyst, or Kat :) )

Family Member/Title : Seeker for Truth and Meaning

Personality : I'm quite a shy person when it comes to IRL. I'm usually very quiet, and then my emotions come out in a kind of burst at random times. The brighter side is that I'm always looking to cheer people up and make them happy. While I have my dark moments, I am, the majority of the time, a free spirit :)

Literary Arts Specialty : Poetry. Writing and Reading. I love writing poetry because its so challenging sometimes, but when you get the hang of it you can go for hours about the meaning in your poem. I love reading poetry too. Analysing a poem to find its meaning, and identifying with the poem to try and empathise with the writer. Thats why I like Poetry. I do write prose every now and the, but I prefer poetry any day.

Anything else you'd like to share? : I make really REALLY good cookies, and cakes :)

17. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

Username: muff monkey

Family Member/Title: le renard angélique

Personality: I'm impatient, mostly in the sense that even if I do not think a piece of work is completed, I will submit it as finished just so I will not have to deal with it. I dislike pointing out flaws and I want to believe that everyone is a nice, beautiful human being and that no one can do harm in the world, but that vision is so corrupt that I have lost faith in everyone. I have a sense of humor, and I am also extremely sarcastic. I believe my sarcasm does not come off well over the internet. Basically how I act on the internet is nothing how I am in real life.

Literary Arts Specialty: I am not sure if I have a specialty? Lol, I suppose writing incredibly short stories is where my "expertise" comes into play. I do not have the attention span to continue writing chapters to stories, and most of my work has consisted of short stories. I do in fact prefer actually reading a story than writing it, so I suppose reading is truly my specialty.

Anything else you'd like to share?: I am a fox because I secretly want to be Megan Fox.

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hey! Sorry this has been inactive as of late. Claw and I are currently talking over ideas for the next session. If you still want to reply to the first one, you can do it here.

Also, will probs be making use of that groovy Skype chat Cat had started for the Beanies (i'm not sorry), so be sure to look out for that as well. If you want to be added, just reply to this thread with your Skype name (or put it on my profile, conversate me, etc.)

Thanks for being patient everyone ;~;

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

BIZUMP A BUMP

Hey all, just letting everyone know the second Cafe Session will be starting tomorrow, August 24, 2012.
    The other beanpreppers and I discussed the theme and all tonight, so expect the thread as soon as you awaken (unless you're European then you just ruin that :'c )

Session thread has started HERE
    gogogogogo

20. Hiro ✩ Guardian