Dream Drop Distance Riku's New Look

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Zantairette, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Zantairette Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm sorry if there's already something like this on here, but I just found out after staying away from news for a few days O.o

He's really going to look like that? I mean, I really love Riku and he's my favourite character, but this new look takes away everything that made him look good in KH2. I can see they kept the same style, but his hair! It doesn't look right to me. Not at all.

Sora looks really good, but not Riku. In my opinion, they really screwed up. Do you agree or disagree? I'd like to hear some thoughts! :D

2. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Well I can't say from a fangirls perspective seeing as how I'm not a girl nor a major fan of Riku but the only thing I think is weird about him is his height. I could have sworn he was not that tall in KH1.

3. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Remember, they're in some sort of dream state, so maybe that's how they see each other in their dreams.

4. Llave Superless Moderator

I like the hair style to be honest, i like how it does look different, but it still looks Riku-like. I am actually disapointed that they didn't change up Sora's style a bit more. I think the controversy over his hair is because there isn't much change in the series, especially in the last 5 years, that change is almost unorthodox in the KH world.

5. Rena88 Twilight Town Denizen

I actually like the look. The outfit is a pretty good update to his KH2 style and the short hair shows off his wonderful face (What...?). I mean, he looked cool in KH2, but I never entirely liked the long hair...looked like a tail from the back. And like everyone has been mentioning, we don't know the conditions of the "dream reality" Sora and Riku will be testing in. So, we don't know how exactly their appearance of age will be determined.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I really quite like it, I actually preferred it how Sora looked. It seems like a mix between KH1 and KH2 Riku (infact, it't the same with Sora's costume) as if they are that inbetween age. I think he does look slightly odd in a sense but it isn't nessicarily in a bad sense, he's quite tall and his hair is quite short but I think he wouldn't look right with long hair and that costume.

7. Llave Superless Moderator

Indeed, I think his hair style suits him well. If it is only for this game that we see this style, then i'm fine with that, and i think all the people who liked his KHII style may get that back in KHIII. But I don't like KH1 Sora look... it ticks me off for some reason his face looks like it taunts me when i see KH1 Sora. I agree the sizes are really different, and i'm hoping that was not to scale on the poster, or they may change that up a tad before the release of the game.

8. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Maybe they had to shorten Riku's hair because it would have been difficult to animate in the game? With all the supposed jumping and spinning the new system will bring it might have gotten in the way.

From a looks standpoint I think it's wrong, his hair length helped me keep up with his age, it looks like he jumped back to BBS hair. Sora looks like he did in KH1, so I'm starting to think this "dream state" thing changes time/looks or something.

9. Rhiscx Banned

Yea true. But that really depends on fans reactions. Like Infamous 2. A lot of fans, (myself included) responded back saying we didn't like Cole's new look, and then it was changed. If Square gets enough feedback on the dislike of the looks, they will change it. But personally, I love the new looks. I wouldn't mind if that was in the final project.

10. Llave Superless Moderator

lol this is Nomura we're talking about guys! He doesn't give a crap prolly has a special meaning behind it, so i doubt it would change.

When i think of changing this up a bit, maybe the outfits or height differences. I somehow have the feeling the characters themselves are set in stone. After all, they have been working on this title too for a bit, so usually things are final when they present it to the public, but that can always change.

11. Zantairette Merlin's Housekeeper

I never thought of the animate thing. From that view, I can see why they did it, I can forgive them :3 But otherwise, yes, it does look wrong, but interesting theory!

12. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Riku were great in KHI and in KHII he was cool! But now in Dream Drop Distance, I think he wasn't so good. He cut the hair, it makes him look younger so he losts the most experience face he had. The outfits, I think they're great, for Sora wasn't his original outfit (the one that looks like mickey, in KHI), which many people didn't like; either the cool outfit from KHII, which made him be more favorited. It is a new outfit, that, in my opinion, it's great. I can't decise what is the best, though. For Riku's outfit, in kh wasn't so bad, but either so good; then in KHII he were great and now in Dream Drop Distance his outfit were great too, but again I can't decise if the KHII is the best or Dream Drop Distance.

13. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

I actually like it. It looks like a mix between KH1 Riku and kid Riku.

14. Llave Superless Moderator

Indeed, that would be the best way to describe it... It is almost unique even of itself to be considered a mix of the two, but fairly close indeed.

15. Kayate King's Apprentice

I like his new outfit :o
    It makes him look...More...Determined? Maybe? Not sure.
    And he does look much taller than normal.
    Sora's? Meh.
    I actually dislike his.

16. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I'm kinda diggin' the look. It makes me realize just how much Riku has changed, not just in personality but in appearance as well. Our boy is growing up. Well... he went down a couple of years, but that's not the point.

and like Llave de Espada said, knowing that good ol' nut, it might have some meaning as to how they see each other in their dreams.

17. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Yup he sure is taller lol
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I really love his new clothes and hair^^. Sora however looks the same but his clothes is good I suppose not totally different but you know just a change of color. It was a really great change for them both especially since DDD is a new different game to the kh series :D

18. Llave Superless Moderator

Well i don't think Riku's too much taller than Sora, but it is merely a matter of perspective. I don't think they were accurately proportional to one another on the poster:

[​IMG][​IMG]

They look a lot more proportional now, and i assume this is how it will look. It's because Sora is further down on the poster than Riku, hence, the reason he's taller.

19. Dawn King's Apprentice

To be honest, I didn't like the animation version of his hair. Not because of his length, more like the color. That has been an issue for me.

My theory of the timeline of the games has to be in-between CoM and KH2. For now, all I can say it is because of their clothes and how it blends so well. Sora's outfit makes it almost like his Valor Drive form and Riku resembles closely to his KH2 outfit. Not only that, Riku has his Way to Dawn Keyblade!

20. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I don't know, I kind of like Riku's new look. It may not be as colorful as the previous one but still. I think with a new game like this, they deserve new looks and I appreciate that.