The Love of a Nobody

Discussion in 'Archives' started by twilit_shadow, Apr 10, 2007.

?

Where should Nex go to recover her lost memories?

1. Twilight Town

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Hallow Bastion/Radiant Garden

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

That's not bad! I wish all the best for your story!!!!!!

Thanks, I really hope the next one will be good. I'm really starting to get on Nex's nerves though. ^-^

2. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Chapter 16

I cannot believe myself....almost a month friggin late!!!!!!! I apologize like a maniac to my awesome readers, okay? God I suck...

The Love of a Nobody...(section 16)

Axel practically flew to the depths of Hallow Bastion. His feet carried him as fast as they could and he dashed through dark portals, literally disappearing and reappearing every few seconds. He tripped over his own feet once in a while, but picked himself right back up.

He passed construction site after construction site, hoping to get to his destination before it was too late.

Come on Demyx, hang in there.

Word had spread that Organization XIII had entered Hallow Bastion yet again, and Axel was quick to learn that it was in fact the Melodious Nocturne who had arrived first. If Sora was already here, Demyx didn’t have much time before the boy found him.

Sorry Nex. I have to help him. Give me a little more time. Please.

Veins popped inside his neck, his pants getting heavier and faster. Several people got in his way, but Axel just mowed them down.

“Hey kid! Slow it down! The Heartless are down there!â€

But Axel wouldn’t listen. He had more important things to worry about than stupid Heartless.

But by the time he made it to his goal, it was already too late.

Too late to save a friend’s short and desperate life.

“No waaaaay!!! Aggghhh!!!...ugh…â€

“NO!!!â€

Axel watched with horrid eyes as one of his close friends faded into nothingness, never to return. Axel watched with angered eyes as Sora raised his fateful keyblade up to the sky with a defiant thrust. Axel watched with saddened eyes at the events unfolding around him and the world crumbling beneath him. He fell to his knees and looked to the sky, searching for some sort of answer.

First it was… Axel groaned. He couldn’t even bring himself to say the boy’s name. Then Nex, and now Demyx…

If there is any God out there…

He must hate me.

Axel held his head in his hands for a few momentary seconds. He didn’t even care that Sora was walking away, holding with him the information the pyro wanted. Right then, nothing mattered.

……Damnit!

- - - - - - - - - - -

“So, the musician failed. What’s the master plan now?â€

“…We must devise a new strategy.â€

“Ya think?†Xigbar rubbed his temples with two of his annoyed fingers. “Sora’s doing a good job of killing off the Heartless for us, but he’s doing a good job of killing us off too.â€

“Sora is nothing but a child. He can still be easily manipulated. With a few choice words, the boy can be turned from the side of light to the side of shadows.†The Luna Diviner had portaled into the conference room a few seconds before, his face like a broken mirror: a reflection frozen in time. No one bothered to ask why he was late. His dealings with their new recruit had him spending more and more time with other matters. It was starting to become a ritual with Saix to be less then punctual.

“Gambling with the boy’s fate won’t be a simple task. It will take some time and careful maneuvering. And, if Lady Luck is on our side, Sora won’t have a choice but to join us.†Luxord wafted through his cards one by one, then flicked them back into a single stack, and filed them away in the caresses of his upper sleeve.

“Perhaps one of us should do a little more…persuading?†Xaldin waved his arm as he spoke, gesturing to the rest of the XIIIth Order.

“Indeed,†Xemnas, the Superior and leader of this Organization, finally spoke. “Sora’s heart is gaining strength. We cannot allow it to be too powerful, for it would destroy us. Nothingness must corrupt his heart….Saix.†The Luna Diviner perked up. “What is the situation with the Heartless girl?â€

“She is doing well. Her decision to join us was good on her part. I’m still progressing with her.†Saix smirked to himself at the double meaning.

“What about that kid Nex?†asked Xigbar. “Is she gonna give up her Axel-obsession anytime soon?â€

“Mafia is working on it,†replied Saix monotonously. “It may take longer than we had hoped for Nexydys to sacrifice this fake love of hers. Nevertheless, Mafia will have a report sooner or later.â€

“Sooner would be better.â€

“I understand that.â€

“Nexydys will be one of us, just as she was in the past,†began Xemnas. “She doesn’t have a choice. One way or the other, she will join us.â€

- - - - - - - - - - -

“Ah…The sweet smell of defeat. It really is a succulent scent, don’t you think?â€

Nex held back her tongue. Swears of multiple types screamed inside her head, just dying to come out. She was on her knees, doubled over on the floor, holding tightly onto her aching stomach. That first punch had hurt, but the second one nearly ripped apart her skin.

The figure continued her quest for domination. She was counting down the minutes until Nex would fall prey to her taunts, and until this Organization was in a downward spiral. The Nobody lay helpless on the floor, praying that Axel would come to her rescue. But Nex’s cell door remained closed and the brutal attacks kept coming.

“No one’s going to save you now Nex. Not even your little half-assed boyfriend.â€

The figure laughed.

Nex clenched her teeth while her hopes were dashed to pieces.

“You really aren’t going to say anything? Well, this is no fun for me at all! You could at least try some sarcasm….Or are you really Miss Perfect?†The figure threw back her hood, catching Nex off guard by her appearance. Jet black hair and coal colored eyes, comforted by a slim and well-built face. Why was she so familiar…?

“I could annoy you all day long, and you’d still be sitting there. Why am I even trying?†asked the figure, seemingly talking to herself. “This is such a waste of time…â€

“You don’t know what…you’re talking about,†Nex replied, grimacing from her bruised chest and stomach muscles. Her breaths came in and out in fast rasps, making it hard to talk.

“Finally! Something I can work with,†yelled the woman into the open space surrounding Nexydys’s cage. She threw her hands up in the air to emphasize her words. “You amaze me Nexydys. One second, you’re in love with an idiot who can’t even love you back. The next, you think you’re invincible and try to take on half the Organization. Do you seriously think Xigbar doesn’t hold a grudge after that crap you pulled with him?†The woman sighed, and kicked Nex in the ribs for no real reason. The Nobody keeled over, sprawled out on the floor, nearly at the woman’s mercy.

“You’re a real piece of work Nexydys.â€

“I’d like to say…the same…about you,†grunted Nex, stuttering with her words. Why can’t I access my powers?! No matter how much it would hurt her, Nex knew that she had to use her mind to fight this opponent. But why couldn’t she do it? Why weren’t her powers working?

Nex hunted the entire expanse of her mind, searching for that small area where her powers were lurking. But, instead of finding such a place, she ran head on with a solid brick wall. No! No! Let me in! Please!! Nex’s desperate attempt to break down the wall ended with her pain increasing and tears of anguish running down her face.

“It won’t do you any good Nexydys. My superiority over darkness has utterly destroyed you and your stupid powers. Even if you were able to use them, it would be a mere inflection compared to what you used to have. I wouldn’t bother if I were you.†Nex’s anger spiked. This type of talk was beginning to take affect. If Nex could help it, she’d get out of here, alone, and find Axel too.

“I’ll make it…You’ll…see.â€

The figure only smiled maliciously. Curiously, the woman’s teeth were pointed, as if shaved down into piercing canines. It added to the horrendous air about her. Nex clenched her fingers into fists.

“Who…are you?†she managed to say.

“Oh? You haven’t figured it out yet? Jeez, you really are dumb.â€

Just be calm Nex. You’ll get your chance.

“I am the embodiment of darkness. At least, that’s what your Nobody friends have told me. I can control it, wield it, suppress it, or even strengthen it. With a single movement, I can summon creatures that would make a grown man take off in the other direction. Itâ€ctually quite simple, really. Would you like a demonstration?â€

“Just tell me who you are!â€

“Fine, fine. Eager aren’t we? Well, if you must know,†The woman leaned in close to Nex’s frail figure. Her coal colored hair fell over her face but couldn’t hide cat-like eyes; cold and black with irises that stabbed right through to the heart. Her light pink lips came within inches of Nex’s left ear.

“I’m your....Heartless.â€

- - - - - - - - - - -

3. Pure Beats~ Chaser

*goes ecstatic*

That was really good! I loved the way you described everything, and I loved every part of it.

B-b-but...why Demyx? D:
    And I feel bad for Nexydys.

And...do you plan on bringing Org Members from CoM?
    Just curious. :3

Once again, great job! ^^

4. Zexion13 Traverse Town Homebody

Great chapter!!!

Keep going, it is sooo AWSOME!!

Poor Demyx.....poor Axel...poor Nex...

When Demyx faded, that kinda made me hate Sora...

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!^^

5. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - I knew it, andnowimgonnalookclichebecauseofoneofthestoriesiwasplanningtodobutwhatever!!! DX

Oh well.

I lurved it.

Sora should freakin' get raped in the *** by a gorrilla. =3

That is all. ^-^

6. Twilightwolf Merlin's Housekeeper

i loved how you described every thing
    poor dem :cryinganime::crybaby:
    wall:bangbang:

axel still hot
    :luv::luv::woohoo::inlove::inlove::kiss:

7. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Nice. I wasn't sure if Mafia was Nex's heartless, but now it looks like Saiix is going to be in major trouble if the rest of the Organization finds out about him and Mafia. Can't wait to find out what happens next!

8. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

Nice good job. :noworries:
    I cannot wait for the new cool chapter.

9. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

That was awsome! I kind of suspected she was her heartless.

10. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Sorry chicka...*snifle*...I had to follow KH2's events....so....AAAGHH!!! WHY?!?!?!

Thanks though. ^-^

And since I'm following KH2, Zexxy and the gang won't be in it for real. Only in spirit. lolz. But Ienzo does have a good size part. (Man, I really gotta do a Zexion story).

^-^

Thanks. Poor everbody, right? lolz.

I know...I kinda hate Sora too....MAKE A SORA HATERS CLUB!!!!

OOOOOOoooooooo.....SHE LURVED IT!!!!

:3

Yeah. Someone kill da little white boy with da keyblade? Please?!?!?!

Thanks Foxxie!!!

YUP!!! Official hottie of KH2: AXEL!!!!! HE IS LOVE!!!!

Okay....I'm done.... :3

Seriously, Saix is already screwed by picking Mafia as a "buddy". lolz. But he'll get his punishment sooner or later. Just depends on what it is...^-^

Thanks! I'll have it out soon!!! PROMISE!!!

Yeah, I kinda think everybody did....But, hey! Now you know right? ^-^

11. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

I really wanted this chapter to be both sinnical and comedic. I think I got my point across with Nex, right?

Kayz, tadah!

The Love of a Nobody... (section 17)

…SLAM!

It was near nightfall in Hallow Bastion when the sound of a crashing door broke the peace. Squall, Cloud, and the others swept their heads towards the front of the building but never would have guessed who had walked in.

Axel fell to the floor, his knees buckling underneath him.

“Ela!†they all said in unison. Aerith was closest and immediately rushed to Axel’s side with potions in hand.

But the pyro’s blurred vision only worsened. The death of his friend was too much to take. His mind was weakening, and now his body was starting to follow.

“Hang in there Ela. We’ll take care of you,†whispered Aerith as the rest of their group gathered around him. Each of them had tender care flickering in their eyes. Cloud knelt down beside Aerith and helped hold Axel’s head up so he would drink the potion effectively.

But a few breaths later, Axel was unconscious.

- - - - - - - - - -

With her hands wound tightly at the base of her back, Nex walked down a bleak hallway, several other Nobodies right at her feet. Her light violet hair waved back and forth as she moved, and her eyes kept watch for any sudden movement from her supposed superiors.

Where they were taking her, she wasn’t for sure.

All Nex knew was the she had been wrenched from her cell once again. It was comforting to be free of that prison, but it was difficult to know that she would be going right back into it sooner or later. Nevertheless, Nex held her ground against the three men who surrounded her. Luxord, Xaldin, and, of course, Xigbar. She knew that each of them had dealt with her in the past, and each of them knew her reputation as well. It was difficult not to want to lash out at them, but that same barrier from before still withdrew her powers from her.

Nex clenched her teeth in frustration.

That Heartless lady…She’s the one who’s doing this to me!

No matter what the woman named Mafia had said, Nex chose never to believe a word of it. Though there were distinct similarities between the two of them, nothing and no one would ever rival Nex’s stubbornness.

“Where are you taking me?†Simple enough question.

“To Xemnas.â€

“For an interrogation.â€

“And your demise.â€

Stupid answers.

“And then?†asked Nex. Xigbar glared at her with his one hateful eye, its golden glow like that of the sun.

“Enough questions, girly. If it weren’t for Xemnas’s annoying orders, I’d have shot you up by now.â€

“Oh really?â€

“Yes really.â€

Nex scoffed. Xigbar was getting on her nerves, exactly the same way as he had done in the past. But she didn’t push the older Nobody’s limits. He was not one she would want to get in a fight with, especially now that she was powerless to defend herself. It would have been a major mess for the winner to clean up.

The remainder of the journey was deathly silent. Nex’s thoughts continued to stray in Axel’s direction. She had no idea what was really going on outside these hideous marble walls. Axel could have been dead for all she knew. It was frustrating to her, to say the least. No one could understand how pained she really was on the inside. Nobody or not, Nex’s distresses were evident, even to her captors. Still, the silence ensued. Nothing could be heard but the pitter-patter of cold boots on cold floors and the clinking of metallic chains; the ones linked painfully around Nex’s wrists.

“We’re here princess,†Xigbar irritatingly continued his slew of ludicrous comments. Nex clenched her fists, cutting into her skin easily.

The Heartless woman she had met earlier, Mafia…very soon, that woman would slip up somewhere and Nex would release the full extent of her powers, no matter how much it pained her to use them.

Nex glanced up from the floor to a massive door in front of them, weaving in and out with lavish carvings, each of which implied the irreversible sign of the Nobody. Kingdom Hearts hung itself in the sky above, donning massive amounts of light onto them. It was hard to tell, but it seemed to Nex that small, blinking lights were being fed to the giant Heart. But, as she looked closer, it was obvious that those firefly lights were indeed the remainders of a poor innocent’s heart, soon to be locked away in the caresses of Kingdom Hearts, never to be released ever again.

Unless, of course, by the will of the Key and its bearer. But that’s another tale.

The door eased itself open effortlessly and with almost no sound. The room inside was small, yet enough to fit a minor crowd. Tombstone-like objects were organized neatly around the room, each of them having some sort of weapon inscribed on their surfaces. They raised themselves up in a staircase fashion, and some were smashed to bits. Several had their weaponry symbols lit up brightly but some titles had been lost to the darkness. Nex had no clue what any of them meant. All she knew was that two of the most hated men in the world stood a mere six feet away from her.

Saix and Xemnas.

The Superior immediately began his speech. Nex couldn’t help but think it was a little pre-rehearsed. It was Xemnas, after all.

“Do you know where you are?†spoke his deep voice. His gaze was nearly timeless as he stared from fiery yellow eyes through to Nex’s blunt violets, completely ignoring everyone else in the room.

“Like I care,†she answered. Xigbar immediately wasted no time, and kicked Nex to the floor. She grunted in pain and struggled to stay facing Xemnas. Her hate for Xigbar would have to be relinquished later.

“This room is Proof of Existence. It is exactly as the name implies. These tablets that you see before you are our proof that we truly exist in this pathetic excuse for a world,†Xemnas bent down to Nex’s level. She was disgusted that they were even breathing the same air. He wrapped a gloved hand around her chin. “And once we gain our objective, that proof will become a reality.â€

What happened next, no one expected.

With a simple move of cleverness, Nex spit directly into Xemnas’s smug little face.

She smiled deviously. Xemnas scowled and wiped away the saliva with the back of his hand. It took Xaldin, Xigbar, and Luxord a few moments to realize what happened, but once that did, they came rushing forward. Saix was the only one who remained calm. In actuality, he was the only one hardly paying attention to the situation. His mind was somewhere else.

“You wretched witch!†cried Luxord, ready to backhand Nex with his open palm. But Xemnas stopped him before he could make a move. He wiped the rest of the spit away, and continued his lecture. Nevertheless, he was still ticked.

“I’m surprised you don’t wish that same fate for yourself, Nexydys. After all, you are one of us, are you not?â€

“Never.â€

“Hmph. What a shame.†Quietly, Xemnas walked away from Nex. With his back to her, she could see defined muscles lining his figure, emphasizing his strength. She couldn’t take him or the others down on her own, no matter how hard she tried. Powerless, useless, worthless; all of them were words to describe Nexydys in her time of need. And she hated every minute of it.

Xemnas held up his left hand. At first nothing happened. But seconds later, a whirling wind appeared in the space next to him. In a tornado of air and light, another of the tombstone objects appeared, manifested out of thin air. Unlike the others, this tablet didn’t have a weapon of any type adorning its exterior.

How did he do that?!

“The Unknown Reaper. A fitting title for one so bold,†Xemnas let the stone fade back into nothing but particles. Nex couldn’t tell, but was that title supposed to be referring to her? “Indeed, each of our members has a forename, Nexydys. If only you had joined our ranks, you would have had the same privilege.â€

Privilege my butt. She wished her telekinesis was working; she could have easily projected that thought into all their minds, and then watched their faces twist in anger. Nex chuckled at the idea. But, perhaps, getting information was a good idea. She could use it to her advantage if she got out.

“Forenames?â€

“Yes. For example, yours would have been the Unknown Reaper. We do not know your weapon and we hardly know your power, so therefore your mind is your weapon, supplying you with endless energy. That is, until your body ran itself dry. But your ability to kill with a single thought brought me the idea of the ‘Unknown Reaper’. Understand the concept?â€

“Sure. New names, powers, weapons. Gotcha.†Xemnas frowned again. Nex wasn’t the prisoner he was likely to get much out of. But he would work with what he had. He still had the Melodious Nocturne’s death to hang over her. As soon as he had informed Nexydys of his demise, she would undoubtedly succumb to his efforts. Just like she had in the past.

“Now, Nexydys, you have few choices lying at your feet. One, you can renounce your faith in Axel and replace it in the XIIIth Order, where it truly belongs. Two, you can face an imminent death. Your move.â€

Nex grimaced. So many choices, so little time.

“No matter what I do,†she began. “My freedom would be nothing more than a stupid hoax. So don’t even try to give me this crap. I’ll never join you or your damned Organization!â€

The evil laugh. The trademark laugh of all villainous creatures, Heartless and Nobodies alike. And Xemnas was using his now.

“So long ago, Nexydys. Does your memory still fail you?â€

What? What’s he talking about? My memory’s just fine!

“You disappoint me. Were you not part of our ‘Organization’, so very long ago?â€

“Speak English!†screamed Nex.

“Our apprenticeship, Nexydys. Under Master Ansem, were we not all loyally subjects? Insubordinates, if you will.â€

“How…How do you know about that?â€

“Oh, how do I know? Why, isn’t it obvious?†Patience was running out on both ends of the table. Xemnas was toying with her. This game of cat and mouse was just about over.

“No!â€

“Do you not remember? I believe your companion’s name was…Ienzo, if I’m not mistaken.â€

No…He knows about my past life? How is that possible?!

“If you can understand, Ienzo made a place as this Organization’s Number VI. But his name was no longer Ienzo, just as your name is no longer Sydney. He was named Zexion, as undeniable evidence of our fake existence. And you, my dear friend, are now named Nexydys. Pray tell, how can I be lying about all this?â€

Nex was speechless. That was why Axel’s real name was Ela! Why his past life intertwined with Organization XIII! Xemnas knew everything. Nothing had escaped his gaze. But how?!

“Just who the heck do you think you are? Who the heck do any of you think you are?!â€

Xigbar started chuckling behind Nex. She didn’t even bother turning to look at him. She had her hands full with Xemnas at the moment. He kneeled down to her and stared at her square in the face, making her look at him.

“Don’t you recognize me Syd?â€

“No! And get your freaky face away from me!†Xigbar grunted agitatedly, but then smiled again. A devilishly sly smile, that is.

“It’s me, you idiot. Braig.â€

Nex would have smacked him had her hands been free to do so. He had just insulted one of her best friends. Braig was like a big brother to her, yet Xigbar was the scum of the earth; exact opposites in every way. It just wasn’t possible.

“You’re not Braig. You never could be.â€

“Oh, but it’s me alright. You know it too. I can see it in your eyes. Sorry Syd, you might think this is a dream, but it’s not. Get over it. And ya see Xaldin over here? You see any resemblance?â€

Maybe…Maybe Xigbar wasn’t lying after all. As Nex stared deeply at Xaldin’s pale face, she immediately knew. In every feature of his figure, Xaldin was her old friend, Dilan. They were so alike that it scared her. Nex’s eyes widened in luminous realization.

The friends she had had, nearly everyone who had ever been there for her, had been turned into Nobodies. And the proof was staring her right in the face.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

All was quiet in Hallow Bastion. Sora had dropped by briefly to restore the old wizard’s book, but then left as quickly as he had come. But, although you could hear a pin drop, restlessness was still apparent in the small nook of Hallow Bastion. The entire group of friends had gathered together, hoping and praying in their own way, that Axel would make it through.

Squall had made a clean getaway with Axel being at the wizard’s house unconscious. He, Cloud, and Aerith led Sora directly to Ansem’s old study, where some strange happenings had corrupted the town’s computer system. Meanwhile, Yuffie had watched over Axel like a hawk. The Nobody had developed a slight fever but, according to Aerith, was going to be fine. She defined his ailment as severe emotional distress. Squall doubted that, since Axel’s existence meant no emotions whatsoever, but Aerith was usually never wrong.

Although Cloud had run off to chase Sephiroth once again, the remainder of the gang stayed in their humble abode. Axel lay in an offset room with Aerith applying warm rags to his sweat-ridden head.

“Is he going to be okay?â€

Aerith looked up to see Leon in the doorway. His baggy eyes lamented sleep and Aerith sighed at his appearance.

“He’ll be fine. It’s you I’m worried about. When was the last time you slept?â€

“A few days ago.†They both laughed, but the tension in the air remained.

“…I wonder what happened to him. The pain he’s gone through in the past few hours was excruciating for him,†Aerith said, holding Axel’s hand in hers. Squall smiled at her affection.

“He might tell us when he wakes up. Then again, Ela never was a big talker.â€

“Yeah. You’re right.â€

Axel stirred for a brief second. Both Aerith and Squall held their breaths, and then sighed heavily when their friend didn’t truly awake from his slumber.

“This is the second time he’s done this to us, Squall,†Aerith said. She dipped her head in a mourning fashion. “I…I don’t want to see it happen again.†Squall walked over to Aerith and laid a hand on her shoulder.

“I know. He scares me sometimes too.â€

“Squall! Squall!â€

“Yuffie! He’s still trying to sleep!â€

“This can’t wait Squall! The Heartless are attacking!â€

“What?!â€

“See for yourself!†Yuffie said, pointing to the nearby window. Squall stared outside aure enough, thousands of Shadow Heartless were gathering near the old castle. They swarmed it like a massive flood of black; evil and ominous. Squall turned back and looked hard at Aerith.

“Go. I’ll take care of him,†she said, answering his thoughts. “But…please. Be careful.â€

“…We will,†he replied. Holding out his left arm at its full length, the legendary gunblade appeared in his hand in a flash of light. “Sora should be arriving soon. You should get him to a safer place.â€

“I will.â€

With a nod of approval, Squall and Yuffie left the house with weapons in hand. Both were prepared for a long, arduous battle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

12. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

=D

Sorry I didn't comment on the last few chapters, I got my computer taken away T.T Anyway, great chapters, you always do great on everything you do. Also, before this story I had a burning hatred for Saix, and now for some odd reason, he's my favorite bad guy =D I guess you just made him seem more...better in this story than in any other one I read. Great job! =DD

Also, about taking forever on writing your chapters, don't sweat it at all, I have my story that I need one for chapter for it, and it's taken me more than two months to finish it! People are starting to think it's over already, when the best is yet to come. Belive me, it sucks. ='(

13. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

:eek:

Amazing one! I didnt know Xemnas and the others was that cruel.

14. ThunderOfLarxene Gummi Ship Junkie

This story just gets better and better. You're amazing at this story, you tell everything so well

Keep it up ^_^

15. Pure Beats~ Chaser

Great...like always! This was a great chapter....you put so much detail into it...

Poor Nex, seeing that her friends from the past are now nobodies with cruel minds...(I would say hearts...but we all know that they don't have them...xD)

Wish I could write as well as you...you are an awesome author!

Once again, great job. ^^

16. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

GO NEX!! Kick Xemnas next time!

17. Zexion13 Traverse Town Homebody

Wow. Just wow.

Keep on writing, this story is excellent!!^^

I can't wait for the next chapter!!!

18. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

That's alright. I'm not worried about it. I really, really, REALLY like Saix! He's my fav baddy from KH next to Xigbar. He just seems more evil than Xemnas ever will be. lolz.

Trust me, this month is going to be a pain. So it'll take even LONGER!!! Sorry my fans!!!

Oh yeah, they're really evil. With a capital "E". lolz.

Thanks chicka! And I felt really bad for doing that to Nex but it had to be done. Whoops...lolz.

Nuh-uh! You're just as good as I am! Don't put yourself down! :D

PLEASE DO!!!! lolz.

Thanks! I'm working on it as we speak. Or...well...type....XD

19. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Section 18

Oh.

My.

God.

People, please don't kill me for being so friggin late. I hate being late!!! D<

This chapter took so much longer than I anticipated. I've just been so busy lately....It sucks to be busy. Trust me, I know. And Roxas Has Returned is being updated today as well.

The Love of a Nobody... (section 18)

“You were planning this all along! You joined our research team just so you could earn Ansem’s trust! And you let this happen to us; ALL OF US!!! Your selfish attitude did this Xehanort!â€

Nex struggled against the strength of both Xaldin and Xigbar. In her time of need, she was helpless. The truth had come fighting out almost immediately. This traitor, this horror of a man standing in front of her was once the calm, quiet, cryptic Xehanort; a pastime she had once considered a friend. Nex hated him with all her mind and soul. She hated the world, she hated her life, but Xehanort was in the foremost of her mind as the most villainous and retched creature on the planet.

Steadily, Nex regained strength, but nowhere near the amount she wanted.

“Hmph. All true young one.â€

Nex suppressed a scream of rage welling up inside her chest. “What?! You let us become Nobodies?â€

“It was necessary in order to accomplish my goals.â€

“You…you…traitor! You’re not the man I used to know!â€

“No. I am not,†Xemnas smirked. “I am no longer a man.†Nex’s eyes watched the Nobody’s grin settle. Xigbar and Xaldin smiled along with him, as if everything they were doing were all a hideous joke.

Xemnas let the smile drop. He wasn’t used to having so much fun with his prisoners and the overuse of emotions tired him. He walked away, his back to Nexydys. Saix took his cue and came forward, gesturing to the defeated woman on the floor.

“Lock her up.â€

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Aerith leaned over Axel’s lithe figure, dabbing a warm rag on his sweaty forehead. The poor man seemed to be in so much pain.

“Where do you hurt, Ela?†she whispered over his delicate face. “Where do your pains lie?†She sat back and looked at him for a brief moment. How can I heal what I do not see? Aerith replaced her dilemma with some gentle singing. Her voice filled the room, lighting up the mood. But how could she be so calm when a battle was right outside her front door?

“No…â€

“What?†Aerith stirred as Axel’s expression twisted.

“No.â€

“Ela?â€

“No!†With blazing eyes Axel wrenched himself awake, flying off his pillow and sitting up almost immediately. He panted heavily and rubbed his temples together, trying to erase the memory of the nightmare.

“Ela! Oh thank goodness.†Aerith wrapped her arms tightly around Axel, but he pulled quickly away from her touch. Aerith was surprised by his actions and, looking into his eyes, saw an amazing amount of fear within them. She was taken aback just by the sight of them. Axel’s breathing slowed to a normal pace before he spoke.

“Aerith…,†he began. “I’m sorry.â€

“No, you don’t have to apologize.â€

“I do. I didn’t mean to scare you like that,†Axel took a quick look around the room, wondering where he was until he realized it was Merlin’s house. “Where is everyone?â€

“Ela,†Aerith sighed. “The Heartless have began their attack on the city. It won’t be long before Sora shows up to help.â€

“What? Why didn’t anyone tell me!†But, slowly, Axel’s memories resurfaced; Nex was gone, his best friend was dead, and he had fallen unconscious with guilt and misery. And the Organization was plotting at that very moment to wipe all worlds of their innocent hearts.

“You remember what happened?†Aerith said after Axel’s expression changed.

“…Yes,†Axel looked at her, sadness resonating between them. “I have to go.â€

“I don’t think so. You’re still hurt and under my care. You’re not going anywhere with your condition.â€

“They need you out there Aerith. Not in here taking care of me. I’m leaving.†With his words, Axel wiped the blankets away from his body and walked towards his folded cloak, lying on a dresser a few feet away.

“No Ela! I don’t know what happened to you those past few days, but they did nothing good for you! You’re still in pain; don’t think you can hide it from me.â€

“Aerith!†Axel wined. She winced at his outcry. “I’m fine! Nex is with the Organization as we speak; who knows what they’re doing to her!†Aerith was speechless. Axel didn’t see her expression, but he knew she was upset. He looked at her, sighed, and wrapped his frail arms around her. Aerith took a moment to do the same. “I’m sorry. But you know I need to find her. No matter what it takes.â€

“…I know.†Aerith stood back and stared deeply into her best friends amazing emerald eyes, knowing that look anywhere; she knew that once Ela set her mind on something, he was not easily swayed from it. “Go Ela. Go with all your friends thoughts and prayers.â€

“Thank you.†Axel smirked at having won Aerith over, but he left the house in utter defeat. The battle was over, but the war had just begun.

- - - - - - - - - - -

The same cold, marble white cell Nex had been in earlier held her captive once again. Nex had nearly grown accustomed to its white-washed walls with nothing but a light cot to keep her company. Kingdom Hearts stared down at her from a nearby window, retelling her history in its moon-like appearance, shoving the fact that she was a Nobody right down her throat. Nexydys sighed heavily, awaiting her ominous defeat.

It was strange; Nex now understood the difference between those with hearts and those without. She used to be completely against the thought of being a Nobody, but now, she seemed to accept it. She had no real way of gaining her heart back, especially if Kingdom Hearts had already swallowed it whole. This was her way of life now; the emotion-less state of non-existent, a Nobody. Perhaps it was better if….

Nex shook the idea from her head. She would never join this pathetic Organization, even if it meant getting out of this cage, even though these were all her old friends. She had to accept her fate, no matter the costs. But, since their club seemed to be falling apart, maybe Nex could weave her way in…

It was all so confusing but eventually, she would think of a plan.

At least, she thought, Axel will be safe.

A rattle of foot steps echoed down the stretch of hallway. Nex didn’t even bother to lift her gaze. She would know who it was soon enough.

“You’re very puzzling. Do you understand that?â€

Deep, yet the voice was completely free of any feeling. Nex recognized it all too easily.

“You do not yet see the benefits of this Organization. We could save your heart, you know.â€

Nex felt a flicker of hope bounce around in her chest but it was gone very quickly. Saix waited for a response, but Nex gave him nothing.

“Your Heartless – Mafia is her name – has already received great privileges within our ranks. Why not do the same?â€

Nex muttered under her breath.

“Yes, Nexydys?â€

“Saix….Can you….Can you honestly save my heart?†Nex raised her eyes from ground level up to the berserker’s matchless golden irises. Saix grinned slightly, but Nex barely noticed it.

“Of course we can. Xemnas is in control of Kingdom Hearts; much more than you know. He knows how to retrieve hearts from its grasp.†Before Saix could begin another sentence, both he and Nexydys felt another presence in the room. Saix turned to see another cloaked figure heading in his direction. The figure lifted the hood from off of their face, revealing the raven-colored head of Mafia.

“Well, hello there. Great minds think alike,†she said in a velvet tone. With the grace of a dancer she perched her arm on Saix’s shoulder, smiling at Nex the entire time.

Saix was none too happy.

“What are you doing?†Saix’s voice lowered to a growl.

“Visiting my better half. What are you doing?â€

“…Get out Mafia.â€

“Why?â€

Saix’s fiery eyes flickered to Nexydys for a brief second and then turned back to Mafia. The Heartless noticed it immediately.

“Oh! She doesn’t know about us, does she? How interesting!†Mafia laughed melodiously, the lovely yet hated sound vaulting off the walls and the two Nobody’s ears. Nex didn’t say a word, but she secretly started devising a way to work this to her advantage.

“I said, get out. Now.†Saix’s expression bemused rage of the worst kind and Mafia was no stranger to that look. She knew when it was time to let the berserker calm down.

“Fine. But don’t be the bad guy. That’s Xemnas’s job.†And with that, the haunted Heartless girl skipped away down the hall, the light clicks of her boots being the only sound heard.

Saix stared as Mafia left the room, making sure she was gone before ending the silence.

“Stupid Heartless…†he said to no one in particular. He still didn’t look happy.

“Saix…†The berserker turned his head to the other Nobody, her face reminding him so much of Mafia.

“What?â€

“What you said earlier….about my heart. Is it true? Will I really be whole again?â€

“Possibly. As I said, Xemnas has near complete control of Kingdom Hearts. That is the goal of this Organization; to regain our hearts and become whole again. You should know that by now Nexydys.â€

Nex gazed down at the floor, as if to study her options. Perhaps she could join the Organization…then, when she was human again, she could find Axel and give him his heart too. They would live as a couple again, free from the war between good and bad. They could be normal.

The offer was too tempting.

“Yes.â€

“Excuse me?†asked Saix, lifting his temple in confusion.

“I think….I want to join you.â€

Saix stood silent for several seconds. His face was passive, revealing no distinct emotions that Nex could recognize. But, she did see the fire in his eyes increase; it was as if the predator had finally seduced the prey. Now they were just wai for the kill.

“Fascinating,†he finally said. “Xemnas will enjoy this one.†Saix began to leave, but stopped to consider an afterthought.

“I am heading to Hallow Bastion. To apprehend your little…,†Saix stumbled with the right words, “‘love interest’. He should be joining you soon.â€

Nex gasped; she hadn’t thought about Axel’s reaction to her decision. Could she turn back after she had already made it?

Saix finally left Nex alone, letting her ponder her newfound judgment, one that would effect the rest of her existence.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

20. Pure Beats~ Chaser

Yay! You put it up! =D

I liked this chapter. Very interesting. Can't wait til the next one.

You really do have a talent at writing.