Birth by Sleep The obssesion with the Kingdom Key in Birth By Sleep.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by fielleon, Jun 25, 2011.

1. fielleon Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, I make this thread to see if anyone can solve a doubt I have about bbs.

As the title says, I find an obsesion about that Keyblade (that comes to be Sora´s standard one). When you first go to the keyblade graveyard, a kingdom key pops out and it becames the last D of graveyard. Then, the X blade (the keyblade Vanitas wields at the end) has two kingdom keys crossed, and there we have to add that:

Vanitas is just like Sora, but with black hair. I didn´t understand that...

Then how much is this related to Sora :S? It´s possible that we can´t know this until later games, but if anyone has any kind of idea I would like to discuss it.

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

My thoughts are, the kingdom key pops up a lot in the graveyard since it's just another keyblade to put in the graveyard- they had limited space so probably had to use the same few keyblade designs over again.

I've never really understood why Vanitas looks like he does, my thoughts are that infact
    Sora looks like Vanitas, since he came first. Ven always had that connection to Sora, I don't understand why so when Vanitas came from Ven he also came from Sora. Or, since Ven's heart went to Sora, so did Vanitas so he sort of grew up with a similarity in appearance.

That's just my thoughts though, I'm not sure, it's a good question.

3. fielleon Merlin's Housekeeper

It´s not a bad answer, but I would like more people to come here and see what they think, I still have doubts about that XD

4. Arch Mana Knight

About Vanitas's appearance:
    Before the beginning of BBS, Sora gave part of his heart to Ventus. Nomura wanted this to be the moment Sora was born but it only ended up at being an implied message. Vanitas looks like Sora because Sora repaired part of Ven's heart when Master Xehanort forcefully pulled the darkness out of Ven's heart. Since Vanitas is connected to Ven and Ven has a piece of Sora's heart, Vanitas looks like Sora.

As for the Kingdom Key, it seems to be Nomura's favorite. It's really to show that the Kingdom Key is a very important Keyblade. Maybe it's actually part of the Keyblade(X-Blade). The Kingdom Key is basically like a trademark of the series. It's just a design choice.

5. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

It may also be to show that the Kingdom Key is the "raw" form of any keyblade. Other than that though, I can't think of much that would work as a theory other than that it was just a design choice.

6. Rhiscx Banned

I have to agree. I believe when the X-blade was destroyed, it created the kingdom key in the realm of light (Sora's key) and a kingdom key in the realm of darkness (Micky's in KH1). I also wonder if these two blades were rejoined, could the X-blade be reforged? This is theory based on my KH Final Mix that I own, and the cutscene I saw with Riku and Micky in the realm of darkness. Hope this helps.