Birth by Sleep The Two Kairi Explanation

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Rhiscx, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Rhiscx Banned

Ok, in Birth by Sleep, in the cutscene "Kairi", there are two of Kairi that can be seen standing behind Aqua. I know this is clearly an error, but maybe there's another explanation for it. So KH fans, any ideas?

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Trust him, I've seen it too! It's only in the english cutscene where Kairi is being chased by unversed and Aqua comes and then Mickey appears. It happens right as you see it show mickey's face then pans behind him to Aqua and the "Kairis"

There are 2 theories to this;
    1.Nomura wanted this to happen as it was a way to foreshadow the existence of Namine. By having Kairi holding the Flowers and the "Second Kairi" hiding behind Aqua's leg without flowers, it shows that the real Kairi is the dominate one. Prepare for Birth By Sleep -Volume II- that's what it really is about.

OR

2. Square Enix #%@* up and nobody caught on to it.

Play the cutscene if you have an English copy of BBS, you'll see it!

3. Rhiscx Banned

Dude come on, we know it was a screw up, but square doesn't mess up this badly. But the Namine concept, very nice.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

oh, I've never noticed this before. You really have to be paying attention to actually notice something like this. But I'm pretty sure it's just a screw up on Square Enix's part

5. Rhiscx Banned

Yes, I understand, I just think its funny how it only in the english game and not in the Jap. of FM version. So I was just asking fans to do what they do best, be creative.

6. james7171999 Merlin's Housekeeper

I never played bbs but if i ever see this,i'll go with the namine theory

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I've never seen this, but I believe you. It could be foreshadowing Namie's existence but what would the significance of that be? What is the point in showing Namine if she doesn't actually come into existence for a while. My guess could be that she has some other quite important role that is to come in a future game or SE just felt like showing the existence of Namine. Another point is why is it only in the English cutscenes and not the Japanese? It obviously has some relevance otherwise they wouldn't have put her in, and it was obviously thought of between the release of the Japanese version and the release of the English version.

8. Llave Superless Moderator

Lolz, Ienzo, you're thinking too much. I just made that theory up. My guess is the beta-testers were too busy looking at Mickey not to notice. You guys should watch it, im certain it's in our cutscene archive. But knowing Nomura, He would come up with something like that...

9. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

a picture for those too lazy to search the cutscenes.

2 KAIRIS.jpg

the one on the left is the "real" one.

10. program Twilight Town Denizen

Also heres a Youtube vid so you can see it too!

[video=youtube;gyICyEsWbso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyICyEsWbso&feature=related[/video]

I didn't notice til now! Good eye.

11. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

I assume they just didn't see it, while playing my first playthrough I didn't even notice until I starting watching cutscenes online

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I suppose, I just thought that if the Japanese cutscene didn't have it then why would the English be any different:

[video=youtube;Dyw8hNJOm8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyw8hNJOm8k[/video]

They don't really edit anything in the cutscenes apart from lip syncing, why would they put another Kairi in? Or how could they even make that mistake?

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually didn't see it at that part since Mickey's keyblade was in the way. I only saw it for the split second just before they started fighting

14. RoxasRox Destiny Islands Resident

The fact that she doesnt move also shows that it is a glitch.
    Noiceee Squeenix.

15. ChaosFinale Destiny Islands Resident

This picture shows that as being one of Aqua's decor, tail thingys. I can't really see the other Kairi aside from the one on the left. I'll view the cut scene to see if there are two.

16. Llave Superless Moderator

Look at the lower part of Aqua's right leg. You will see the pattern of Kairi's dress in the same position as Kairi herself. There is one, it is just hard to see.

17. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Maybe the Unversed used their powers to transform into a Kairi clone, the same way that T/V/A can use their powers in BBSFM?

Honestly, I thinks it's just a graphical glitch, and a pretty funny one at that. Two Kairi's would be hell on earth. Not hating on Kairi though, I like Kairi, but I wouldn't want two.

18. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm with Enzy on questioning how this happened...It would make sense if it was in the Japanese one, then edited out if they realized it was there when they dubbed it in English.
    How though would they put it in there the second time around? Just bizarre. It's possible they just like to mess with people, cause I can only see this as a glitch.

19. Llave Superless Moderator

Well in the Japanese version, Kairi's facial expressions were very basic. (the 2d looking eyes that stare and the opening trap mouth) I watched that entire scene in the original Japanese and not once did they make it more realistic. In the English version, they did however change it to look better. (I challenge you to look at the difference, it is quite scary in a good way) But through that process, they may have made a minute error and the 2nd Kairi appears in our version.

20. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

My my, good eye. I didn't notice that dramatic difference, the English version is using the more complex 3D model as opposed to the blank stare model. Why they decided to change it for that scene is puzzling(why not do it to begin with?), but that would explain why they were tinkering and how the glitch arose.