Kingdom Hearts II why is riku blindfolded

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by hahannuh, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrabbit Destiny Islands Resident

yeah I think he was trying to hide from himself. He didnt want to accept that ansem was connected to him. I really dont like riku that much (*gasp* I know a girl not like riku? tis crazy) but the whole thing about the blind fold and trying to hide from his darkness just seemed ... I dunno kinda cute XD

2. Kingdom Glory Banned

I want to see the outtakes where he misses it and it hits him in the head!
    HAHA! GOOD TIMES!

3. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

Lol, That would be a hilarious sight. xD

My friend says he should keep the blindfold on. She says that he looks sexier. xD

Back to the why wear a blindfold thing...I never understood about the blindfold thing that much. So thanks, you guys who explained it.

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Guys stay on topic. >_>

Well...it tells you he wears it because he is afraid to see with his eyes as long as Ansem is still in him.

And in the trailer of KH1 it was probably because it was a teaser. xP

5. Kingdom Glory Banned

T'would. And all the other outtakes...BWAHAHA!
    I think Riku should just die...so Sora and Kairi can love each other...Muhahaha

6. Random Idiot Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm going with the idea that he wore it when he still looked like himself because his eyes might have been the first thing to begin to look like Ansem's, and he couldn't stand to see that reminder in himself.

Then, of course, he had turned completely into Ansem, so...he really didn't need the blindfold (unless he wanted to cover himself in black cloth :p ). Although it's hard to explain how he got it back onto his eyes while we weren't lookign after the big explosion...thing. (fan-service, perhaps? :D )

*shrug* I might be reading too far into that. I like the theory that he himself didn't want to see what he was becoming, though--it's very angsty.

7. Zero-Cerberus Banned

Um, he wore it beacause he was in Darkness for so long, he leanred how to fight blindfolded. Hense "Darkness"

8. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    I like it! Hahaha...

But I think it was because after he went through Chain of Memories and fought with Xehanort himself, he got rid of the spirit of Xehanort, but he still had the Darkness within him, so he tried to hide it from himself. That's how he was able to turn back into Xehanort later to help Sora.

Bring on the Outtakes!!!!:D

9. kingdomheartsbabe101 Destiny Islands Resident

yeah,along those lines............like come on,were talking about RIKU here.....the hottest,well,almost hottest,guy in the kh universe!!!!;) riku...........ahhhhhhh.so...........how shall i put it...........hot....ahhh....just thinking about it makes me sleepy!lol

10. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

his eyes couldnt lie because his eyes showed what he truly was.:eek:

11. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

basically he had the blindfold because he was afraid of what he had becoma and wanted nothing to dowitht he darkness cause in KH CoM ansem says that riku fights the darkness because he is afraidof it. he uses the blindfold so hie eyes couldnt lie to him about what he was and what he had become. he was afraid.

12. key dragon One with the keyblade

Well, Riku still had control of his body, so what was the big deal?

Anyway, maybe the blindfold kept Xehanort's heartless in check so he wouldn't take over Riku.

13. dirk123 Destiny Islands Resident

Well KH2 FM+ kinda screws it over, since before transforming into Xehanorts Heartless he pulls off the blindfold, yet when transformed back he has it on again....

14. zakurowolf19 Merlin's Housekeeper

I never quite got why he used a blindfold anyway. I used to think: "He got laser surgery." xD

15. calvinoddkid Destiny Islands Resident

i read in wikipedia he was trying to mask the monster he was becoming
    notice in final mix 2 he took it off and turned into ansem..
    i think it might also be a restraint to hold the "ansem power" inside of him.

16. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't know why this is here.>_> But, IMO, Riku forced himself into the darkness, and it represents how he had done so.

17. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

Riku blindfolded himself because he was using the darkness and didnt want to see the monster he was becoming. >_>

18. key dragon One with the keyblade

But he had control of his body, what was the big deal?

19. Repliku Chaser

Because the Darkness is more than just a 'body' thing. It was a spiritual thing and Riku never was really a 'bad' person. He just ended up doing bad things even though he had the best intentions. He was corrupted by it. Despite defeating Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless in CoM, DiZ really lit into Riku about how horrible he was and Riku also had his own guilty conscience, and well, it's like he lost his innocence and the Darkness would not go away. He had accepted the Darkness but he did not want to forget why he had it and become like others with it. He had lost everything, and become less of a person than he had wanted to be. I believe Riku wanted to be a good person but Xehanort's Heartless, and a simple flaw, took him down a path that was extreme, so this was extremely devastating to someone with his personality, or well, to any personality that 'cares'. Even without the Heartless linked to him, he still had to live with the fact of what he had done and figure out how to atone. What happened to him is not so much different than what happens to soldiers forced to kill or people who are connected to gang stuff and do some bad stuff and try to get out. It was his way of coping with a PTSD. (Post traumatic stress disorder).

As others have said, he wore the blindfold because yes, he had to accept the Darkness he had but it didn't make him proud of what he had allowed himself to become and he didn't like it. It was a coping mechanism so all that time alone probably didn't drive him nuts.

20. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

You would be the one to make such a friggin long post.XD Yeah, instead of pushing it away, he had to accept, and the blindfold would be a representive mark of what he had done. Well, more like a sign, telling everyone that he is in the darkness now, and most likely won't be back into the light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.