Kingdom Hearts II Xemnas...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, Feb 4, 2011.

1. P Banned

I'll just leave this link here, as it's probably relevant to the current topic.

Personally, I don't think the Sentiment is a spirit/soul. Mostly because it is never directly called a spirit/soul, and thinking of it as one will only screw up the spirit count even worse than it is already.

2. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

I'm honestly leaning towards will power/emotions. Terra, Eraqus and Vanitas are the only ones I know have Lingering Sentiments, and they have strong emotions and will power, the latter being mostly a guess.

Nah, just saying.

3. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    But I assumed they where all the sprirts trapped in a area or object normally armor and to be fair Vanitas is a special condition

4. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

XD Well, that's possible of course. We don't really know much of the soul. For all you know, it's just a small reference towards Final Fantasy IX, but that's unlikely. Highly unlikely. With our limited knowledge on the souls, it seems more likely if we assume that it has something to do with emotions or will power; at least those had some basis. But because of our limited knowledge, we can't just rule out souls being there, either.

Lingering Sentiments are basically questions only Nomura seems to know the answer to. :/

5. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

you know, did terranort REALLY lose his memories...i mean...look at the way he acts towards braig...

6. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Pretty sure, otherwise, Terranort would have went after Ven again. If the whole "he could have planned it!" comes to mind, why would he? Decieving people that way doesn't make much sense, now does it? Not to be offensive.

I guess Braig can just be really annoying. :|

7. P Banned

On the idea of the Lingering Sentiment being a spirit: Ansem the Wise stated that when the spirit leaves, the body dies. Unless MX also shot his spirit into Terra, then Terra would be dead without his soul.

Another example, albeit a weaker one, is Aqua's Lingering Sentiment. It's hinted to exist, as Xemnas was heard speaking to the armour, and according to an Organisation member, he got a reply. It strongly implies that Aqua's armour is a Lingering Sentiment, and we know she has her spirit.

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Yeah, Terranort has no memories of anything that happened. When Master Xehanort forced himself into Terra's body, his memories and his personalities were sealed in his heart.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

What way? You mean when Braig was all "I got your back. Or are you really....Terra?" And Terranort just looked at him all quietly?

That seemed to me like Braig was just annoying him. There was no evil smile, no shocked expression like "OH ****, HE'S ON TO ME."
    But there was also no response, like "what are you talking about?" If I lost my memories and someone seemed to have some hints to who I was, I be asking some questions, yo.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

With how little we know about Terranort without his memories it could be a possibility. But one that is rather hard to prove. If you want that to be your theory go with it I guess, but until there is some good evidence on it I'm sticking with his memories being gone.

I hadn't ever thought about it that way, but it very well could be. Xigbar was very vague about it but I don't see many other options here. Though that doesn't change my argument much.

Nomura has been good about giving things a reason for being there. Even Nobodies, that he says don't exist are given an expination. So I have trouble buying that Terra's armor, as just armor, decided to get up and fight. But if you are talking all or nothing that had to be what happened. Terranort is fully Terra; heart, body, and soul; and then you tack on Xehanort's heart. And as I pointed out before Ven, Kairi, and Sora give birth to Namine and Roxas without sacrificing themselves. There needs to be some form of expansion here, dividing the soul, duplicating it, sharing it, something.

11. P Banned

It's a Lingering Sentiment. Pure emotion and strength of will encaged in armour.

IIRC, Sora was confirmed to be a walking heart all through COM, until he recombined with Roxas, so the body count adds up, barely. See the thread I posted a while back for my attempt at figuring out the soul/body stuff.

12. Chevalier Crystal Princess

When was it confirmed? Also, I'm wondering why all this soul stuff hasn't been specified. It's not really used in any of the other games in the same way as the heart and body.

13. P Banned

It was mentioned in a Nomura interview. He confirmed the theory. I think Keyblade Spirit posted it.

The soul hasn't really been examined in much depth. So far, the only reference is a mention by Ansem the Wise.

14. Mixt The dude that does the thing

At least with my luck today I couldn't find it. By KS or anyone else. Might be the unindexed portion though. It has been a fan theory since KH2 and became more popular after BBS, but this is the first I've heard about it being offical.

Well as "soul" yes. But you find terms all over the place that seem to mean the same thing (or close to it). The problem here is that when you look at these other terms that likely mean the same thing (spirit, will, mind, etc.) people hold their own connotations about what they mean. I'll openly admit that I do it too. But even looking passed that, we know from Ansem the Wise that we have the heart, body, and soul. That is it. So when someone mentions an aspect of a person it needs to fall under those three; either being synonamous with one or being a sub catagory of it. But even if you agree with me on what terms corrispond to the soul we still don't have much detail on how it works. If either one of us had foolproof evidence we wouldn't be discussing this.