The Reaper's Game

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Lauriam, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]
    The Reaper's Game. You have a week to prove your worth and earn the right to exist. Do you have what it takes, or will you be erased?

Here’s the deal. You’re dead. I don’t know how, I don’t know why. The streets are crowded with people, but no one can see you. No one can hear you. They all just walk by; they don’t even know you exist.
    [​IMG]
    As you try to get someone’s attention, you realize you’re holding something. You open your hand to see what it is.
    [​IMG]
    It’s a strange pin, and as you hold it, you suddenly hear voices. Voices in your head, and you know they’re not your thoughts. You must be hearing all the thoughts of the people around you, somehow, this strange pin allows you to read people’s minds.
    Suddenly, you’re attacked, by a bunch of monsters. These are called Noise.
    [​IMG]
    There must be some way to fight these guys off, you can’t take much more of this. You have to have some kind of weapon. You look down at your pin, and think of its strange power. Do you have more? You investigate, to see what else you have.
    [​IMG]
    Your pocket is full of pins, all sorts of different brands and powers. They’re your weapons, your ticket to defeating the noise. You still can’t seem to fight, though. You need to make a pact, you need a partner. You can’t do this alone.

Rules

1: You must use an original character, you can’t be Neku or Shiki or anyone from the first game.

2: You can’t be a Reaper. Sorry, but we’ve got that covered. You’re here to play Our game, not run it. However, if you make it through the week, you may ask to be a Reaaper. If you’ve got what it takes, the Composer may grant your request.

3: Only one character per user. I know, this might seem like a tough rule, but I have my reasons.

4: No cussing, no bloodshed, and keep the romance at a PG-13 level please. If you want to destroy something, focus on the noise.

5: Post your character entries in the OOC thread, not here, and if you want to enter while the Game is going on, you’ll have to wait until the next week.

6: Every day, the Game Master will issue a new mission, and if you don’t complete it by the end of the day, your character will be erased. (If your character is erased, they’re gone, but you may enter a new character at the beginning of the next week). If one team finishes the mission, the timer is done and it counts for everyone.

7: No godmodding. You cannot control another user’s character without their (and my) permission. The only exception: If you’re interacting with your partner and they’re not responding, I give you permission to godmod that they are following your character, so you can complete the mission on time. HOWEVER please give the other user a chance to post before you take control of their character.

8: Don’t get mad if your character gets erased. This is supposed to be a challenging game, after all. Not every player is going to make it.

I reserve the right to edit these rules or add new ones if I deem it necessary, and I reserve the right to deny entry to any user for whatever reasons I have. I also reserve the right to erase your character if you break the rules. If you dislike my rules, I don’t accept you, or I erase your character, I’m sorry, but remember that this is, after all just a game.

Map of Shibuya
    [​IMG]
    OOC forms

Username:
    Character name:
    Most important thing: (What do they hold most dear?)
    Other:

Reaper list
    Not Completed
    The Composer: Joshua
    [​IMG]
    Played by: Marushi

The Conducter: Aiko Kiyomizu

Game Master: Ishu Fuzen
    [​IMG]
    Played by: Britishism

Brass Reaper: Senri Hitachiin
    [​IMG]
    Played by: Twilight_Nobody13

Brass Reaper: Valentine Hitachiin
    [​IMG]

Brass Reaper: Hitoshi Yokayoma

Brass Reaper: Hannah Maruyama

[​IMG]
    Played by: ~Ryan~

Harrier Reaper: Hana-Kaida Kaneko
    [​IMG]

Harrier Reaper: Weiss Rhapsodos
    [​IMG]

Harrier Reaper: Sho Minamimoto
    [​IMG]
    Played by: Britishism

Mr. Hanekoma
    [​IMG]

Support Reapers: Tenho and B.J.
    [​IMG]

OOC thread: http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?116227-The-Reaper-s-Game-OOC-Thread&p=3499983#post3499983

2. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    "Round 1:
    The round will end at 104.
    You have 24 hours.
    Fail and be eliminated.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

OOC: I'll probably just have nerdgasms when posting in this and put a link to TWEWY music that sets the tone for what i'm typing. You don't HAVE to listen, but I wanna set the tone for Shibuya's game this round. Also, i'm leaving this open ended to allow for interaction with other people. The players i'm talking about are random and are erased anyway, so it doesn't really matter. This is just an intro, and it's mimicking the opening of TWEWY where Neku is getting a little intro to what he's in for.

SHIBUYA

Taka woke up in the scramble. It was sudden and she was confused.
    What... why am I in the scramble? Why are people ignoring a kid sleeping in the middle of the scramble crossing...? What's going on?
    She looked around and noticed that a song was playing on her iPod. It was one of her favorites and as she recognized it, the fear started to melt away. She noticed her mom walking off toward Hachiko in a black dress, almost as if coming from a funeral.
    "Huh, mom...? What's SHE doing here?"
    Taka walked off toward Hachiko, but when she came to the end of the street on the scramble-BAM-she hit something.
    "Ouch... god, what was that?"
    She looked around for the thing she hit and saw one guy in a red hoodie staring at her. When they made eye contact, he gestured away from Hachiko and towards the scramble. She didn't want to cause trouble, so she put on another song from her iPod and walked back. She almost didn't hear her phone but it was on vibrate, so she almost jumped when it set off. It was a text, and she never got texts from anyone except her mom. Maybe she had seen her in the scramble.
    Round 1:
    You have 24 hours.
    Fail and be eliminated.​
    And with that, she felt a burning pain in her hand, almost like if something were being engraved onto it. That's when she saw it. The timer.
    [​IMG]
    It was on her palm and it was counting back from 24:00. She saw this thing, it almost looked like a floating symbol, attacking a few people on the streets. No one saw it, no one ran to their rescue, they just disappeared as the symbols grew bigger.
    "Wha... what the hell!?"
    She ran. She ran because her life depended on it. She ran away towards center street. BAM! Another wall. She went back towards the Shibu Department store. BAM! All hope was lost. 104 was too crowded. There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. She was dead. As they closed in, she just tried to catch her breath, knowing that there'd be no escape, when she felt something in her other pocket. Pins... what were pins doing in her pockets? She'd never been as big a fan of pins as most people her age. She wasn't that into things like CAT's. She had been so transfixed on the pins in her pocket, that she had forgotten all about the things that came for her. She screamed and held her hands in front of her to protect herself, pins still inside. There was a flash of blinding light.
    When she could see again, the things were gone. Her hands felt warm, as if the pins were releasing a radiant heat. She looked at one in particular, the red pin with a flame on it, and she clutched that one pin for a few seconds.
    [​IMG]
    Well, that was weird. Maybe this thing is like my new good luck charm.
    She smiled. She felt good, but she remembered that those things liked to travel in big groups. When one came, others were sure to follow. With what little energy remained, she sprinted towards 104.
    With all the weird things that had happened since the text came in, she wasn't about to wait in the middle of the scramble and become food for another one of those things.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]
    A guy in red stood by the entrance to 104, guarding the invisible barrier dividing it from the Scramble Crossing. The players would have to go by him to get through.
    Another man, this one in black, stood watching the Players as they awoke. There were walls all around, blocking the Players from getting everywhere except 104 and the Statue of Hachiko. These walls would not be removed.

5. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

Ariya, the dog lover, appeared near one of his favorite places in Shibuya, near Hachiko. He had an unusually strong headache, wondering what was happening. The last thing he remembered doing was feeding his dog Komakoru with the remains of his dinner, he loved eating them.
    He was trying to think, but his headache made that incredibly difficult. He thought it would be a good idea to go somewhere where he could rest, so he started looking for somewhere he could sit down. He found a bench near the statue, and tried to clear his head, he remembered he had some mint-flavored candies in his pocket, he had bought lots of them, almost 10 packs. He bought many every month and tried to make them last until it ended, eating one or two a day. "I should eat one of these, I love them so much." he thought to himself, while unwrapping it. The strong minty flavor filled his mouth rapidly, they were pretty "stresh", as it said in the package.
    Then, oddly, his phone started to ring. It was a pretty basic one at that, it didn't even have a camera. He read the message:
    Round 1:
    You have 24 hours.
    Fail and be eliminated.

He didn't really know what it was about, for him it looked like another one of those spam messages, but this one was a bit different, since it didn't advertise any kind of product or service. "104, huh. There must be something going on there, I should go. But first... one more mint" Ariya rested comfortably on the bench, trying to make his headache dissipate...

6. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

[​IMG]
    OOC: K I'm paring with Machi ( Machazo) just to let everyone know. We planned this last night (or two nights ago I forget xD)

Rina woke up in front of the statue of that dog... What was its name...? Oh yea... It was Hachiko. How could she forget that? Ray gave her book that dog. She looked around the area she was in and it was like no one saw her. As she looked around she saw him! She saw Ray! "Raymond!" She called... but nothing came out! She tried again but there was no luck... Her voice was gone... Her memories started to come back to her and she remembered- She was dead. She saved Ra from getting hit by a car and now she was dead…

Just as Rina felt like she was going to break down she phone rang in her pocket. She slowly opened it and a text message appeared.
    "Round 1:
    You have 24 hours.
    Fail and be eliminated. ​
    Then there was a burning in her palm and a timer appeared. From that moment it started counting back from 24:00. Suddenly weird monster like things started appearing out of nowhere. They were coming out and she started running. Tears were running down her cheeks and she ended up running into another person- a boy….
    OOC: Machi take your opening!

7. StardustXtreme Chaser

Takumi's hand twitched in reflex before opening his eyes, his ears drawing in the sound of the city as he groane dlightly before forcing himself to sit up, he immediately noticed there was no crowd around him despite a person lay on the floor in front of them as clear as day and they seemed to not pay attention to his existence either but he tried to call one over, he checked his surroundings, he was at the Outback Cafe as he felt his phone buzz with a incoming messege as he flipped it open, a sleeka and silver black phone no less as he opened the mail

"Round 1:
    You have 24 hours.
    Fail and be eliminated

"The hell is this? Spam?" He asked himself and clicked delete but it still remained there bnefore a sharp jolt of p[ain came from his right hand and he looked at it, it was a countdown timer from 24:00 and he was surprsied at this. "What's this about?" He asked with perhaps interest but he brushed himself off as a black pin dropped his hand as he did so. "Huh?" He asked hismelf and picked it up, "I don't recall having something like this..." He thought to himself and tossed it up lightly and caught it, his eyes widening, he was hearing voices from everywhere as he took the moment to calm down.

"They aren't my thoughts, maybe they are...the other people's?" He deduced from it, somethign was definitely wrong and it seem 104 had the answers so he started to head for that designated point, a few minutes after he left, small red marks devoured some civiallans in their place, frog-like creatures emerging.

8. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

OOC: I forgot to say that I got the timer on my hand...>_> Just think I wrote something along those lines.
    And yeah, Heart and I are being partners c:

After finishing his second mint, Ariya got up, his headache now gone. Just seconds after getting up, he bumped into a girl! She was crying, and seemed to be in a hurry. "Hey, are you alright? What happens?" He suddenly saw some strange creatures approaching, they seemed to have intentions of harming her. "Hey, what did you do to these dogs?"
    [​IMG]

Without giving it a second thought, Ariya quickly grabbed the girl's hand and ran away, trying to go to the Moyai Statue, but there was an invisible wall in his way. "Dammit!" he exclaimed, turning around to see that they were cornered. Sure, he was angry with the girl for harming his favorite animals, but he thought a human's safety was more important. "What are we going to do?" he thought. But he never expected what would happen next...

9. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

[​IMG]
    Rina was grateful for the boy and ran with him. Suddenly lights formed around them and Rina felt weird...Like somehow she was connected to him. She tilted her head to her side and She put her hand in her pocket and felt somethings in it...There where many of them and they were probably many different colors, shapes and sizes... She wondered what they did...She pulled one of them out and it was a pin.
    [​IMG]
    She let go of the boy's hand and with her pin in her hand, Rina held the pin tightly in her and faced the weird dog monster. She moved her hand upwards towards the dog monster and Ice shot him from under it. She looked shocked and did it once more before turning to the boy once again.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

OOC: Hey Protector, if you wanna be my partner, I can leave a spot open in my posts for you.

Taka headed for 104, when she saw another guy heading in that direction. He seemed to be in as much of a hurry as she was, and nobody else seemed that rushed, except for a few of the stuck up girls who HAD to get the last pair of skinny jeans from D+B.
    "Hey!"
    She waved at him and went in his direction. If they couldn't be seen or heard by anyone else, then everyone who was in that situation needed to team up. She figured that maybe, just maybe, if all of the people who were stuck in there situation were to team up, then maybe they could survive this thing.

11. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

"Wow, what did you just do?" Ariya asked in amazement. He noticed he had some pins in his pocket too... most of them seemed to be of his favorite brand, Jupiter of the Monkey "Just what do these things do? What are they?" he asked to himself.
    "Oh, hey, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Ariya Kamizawa, I'm planning to work as a vet. What's your name?" The girl just looked at him, as if she were trying to say something. "What's the matter, not the talkative type, huh? Well, it was nice meeti-"
    Abruptly, a light came out of nowhere and wrapped around Ariya and his acquaintance . "...huh?" he muttered, with a confused look on his face. The girl was still looking at him... she was waving her phone around, it was open. He tried to read what was written, but he couldn't because of the girl's movements. He could discern some words, though "104... erasure... Wait, you also got that spam message? I tried deleting it, but I couldn't" , he said. "What do you think it means?"

12. StardustXtreme Chaser

OOC: sure why not? ^^

Takumi paused in his footsteps at being called by someone and turne dhis head to see where the source of the voice came from, it was quite easy to ascertain who it was as a girl wearing a white scarf and a sort of jumper, but what really struck out apart from her black/purple hair was the headphones, it spoke in volumes that this girl listened to music even no-one could figure that out, he stared at her

"You talking to me?" He asked the girl, placing his hands in his bleach jen's front pockets, they were a little baggy but allowed much free movement, his hands felt soemthing else within a pocket and pulled a hand out, carrying what seemed to be a mixture of the same black pin he placed away but they were ceratinly in diffeent artworks than the skull and picked one out for a closer look.
    [​IMG]

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

OOC: Cool!

"Uh hi... my name's Taka."
    She looked at his Bleach jeans, she was more of a fan of the manga, and saw him take out a bunch of pins.
    "Hey, you got a bunch of pins too!"
    She was curious now, so she turned down her iPod from her pocket and took out her own pins.
    She looked at him, and suddenly a blinding light engulfed them both. Now she felt almost... connected to this guy.
    "Hey, can you tell me if you got that text? The one talking about ten-four I mean..."

14. StardustXtreme Chaser

Takumi took note of the light that occured without the slighest reason even though it was daytime as mostly light-oritented stuff don't get noticed in the brightnes like candles and fireworks as theyw ere things that gave light themselves, but he felt strangely connected with this girl who just introduced herself mere minutes ago. "Taka...that means hawk if I recall, what a strange name to give to a girl." he thought before snapping out his his moment to notice she herself have a assortment of pins, Takumi knew he never had these in his pocket before until he heard her question.

"You mean this useless one?" He said and flipped his phone open and shown it to her before he noticed something pecliuar, this girl seemed to have the countdown timer engraved upon her hand, "Is she a part of this as well?" He thought.

15. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

[​IMG]
    OOC: I owe Jayn my soul for making me this awesome Banner
    Rina was starting to get annoyed by her inability to talk. She searched in her pocket and found a note pad with a pen- just her luck. The notepad was just small enough to fit so that she could write big. It was red and black while the pen was a beautiful light blue color.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Rina wrote on the notepad “I’m Rina- Rina Hutter. For some reason I can't talk- and I have any idea why I can't...? I don't think the message is spam... It has to be more then that... Believe it or not... I think we are dead... And that message isn't spam... It just can't be! I don't know what erasure means but I don't want to find out," She finished writing and handing the notepad to the boy- Now Ariya. For the first time she really looked at him. He looked cute. He had brownish spiky hair with brown eyes. She shook her head. Now wasn't the time to decide if he was hot or not. Now was the time to get to 104 - and figure out what that light was.

16. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

"Oh... I see. Aren't you lucky, having that notepad. so you think that the "spam" message has a deeper meaning, huh...? Then I guess we should both go to 104. Here, follow me!" said Ariya, and started walking with the enthusiasm of a 6 year old kid. "An adventure! Finally!" He thought to himself. "It seems me and Rina are together in this... Duuude, I don't know what's better, the mystery surrounding this or the excitement!"

He noticed Rina had trouble keeping up with him, so he slowed down "Heh, sorry about that" He said in embarrassment. "I'm just sooo excited! Oh, hey, want a mint? I've got thousands" He handed the her mint, she had a weird look on her face. "Huh, you don't like them?" Then he remembered those mints were quite strong... "It's ok, most people don't really like them this "Stresh". I don't really like that word but I love the mints themselves, so I use it often."

After walking for 10 minutes, struggling between the people in the Scramble Crossing, they had almost arrived to 104. However there was an obstacle in their way... another one of those walls. "It seems there's no way in" he said in dissapointment.

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]
    As the two kids ran up and discovered the wall, the man in red confronted them. "Want past this wall?" he said. "Then here. Defeat these Noise." Suddenly, Noise appeared and attacked the Players, sending them into an alternate plane, the battle plane, where they would be able to fight.

18. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

[​IMG]
    Rina smiled when Ari- That's what she would call him- Ari. Just like Ari from Maximum Ride- expect she could easily guess that Ariya was never like Maximum Ride's Ari... but of course that was for another time. Not now- not for awhile anyway. Ari was a fast walker, while Rina was a very slow person- even more so when she was thinking about many different things as she was right now. He kindly slowed down for her and she was grateful. She felt as if she was carrying a lot of weight on her shoulders- she wished she could just talk to Ray one more time. Her brother had lost their father and now he lost Rina too...
    "I'm just sooo excited! Oh, hey, want a mint? I've got thousands" He handed the her mint, snapping her away from her thoughts for a minute. She gave him a look and handed the mint back to him, shaking her head. She grabbed her notepad and wrote " Only eat Tic Tics" . he continued talking and Rina just paid attention to the road ahead of them and tried to keep her brother away from her thoughts. They were almost there when they reach another wall.
    God dammit! she thought.
    Edit: Mari! Dang you now I have to edit my post xD Machi don't post til I do
    Rina brought out her pin and decided to aim for three of the Noise.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    She decided to take the same pin she used before and moved her hand upwards towards the frog noise- at least that's what those weird guys had called them.
    [​IMG]
    That wasn't enough however. The jellyfish was also getting the better of her. She grabbed another pin her other hand and concentrated on the jellyfish. Soon enough a burst of energy hit it and it died. She then hit the frog noise again and died too.
    [​IMG]

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, sorry. I had to change it, because if I let you through, the mission would be over, and two more people need to find each other and form a pact before I can let that happen.

20. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

"Uh, I never really looked at my pins..." he said, facepalming. "Hmmmm.... oh, what about this one? IT'S NENEKIRI! I wear it all the time!
    [​IMG]

"Let's see what in can do... wait a sec, Rina? RINA!?" He exclaimed, worried. "Well, I guess it's just me and these "Noise". Um, how am I supposed to use the-" Just as he said these words Ariya started slashing his enemies with a laser-like beam "Hey, this is fun! WAY better than expected! Prepare, Noise!" he said as he attacked. He could defeat one of the noise, but just when he was about to defeat the other two, they suddenly disappeared.

After the battle, he saw Rina nearby. "Hey, are you alright? We seemed to have been healed after that... Where were you? You suddenly disappeared! Well, at least we're safe for now."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.