RP Workshop, Help, & Suggestions. <3

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Arc, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arc Kingdom Keeper

Welcome to the Workshop ^o^

This is a thread where you as an RPer, or as a normal member, can come in and post a sample of your RPing (Quotes work just fine, do not post a link to a thread, that would be considered advertising in here :3) and the other members and fellow RPers can critque and complient you on it and give you suggestions for it ^^

Please note, that if you are a maker or participant in an RP, you can refer people to this thread for pointers. If you are a person refered to this thread, do not take it as an insult, its just an attempt to make it more fun for you to RP. :P

In this thread you can also post your ideas for new RP's, and members can give you the Yes/No on that as well.
    ~^editted by Rosey^~

This is to help some new Role-Players(Rp'ers) create a good rp, one that is structured and well played, one that engrosses it's rp'ers and makes for a great experience all around. Things will be added constantly, so check back often.

Suggestions

Make some Rules: Always make sure to post some small rules and guidelines in the first post for the other members to see and follow, you don't want your RP to become chaotic and unmanageable.

Have a structure and storyline thought up: you don't necessarily need an entire comprehensive story, just a basic plot would suffice.

Do not allow your RP to become filled with Off topic or OOC posts: This is one MAJOR downfall to a lot of rp's the members begin to post OOC (out of character) instead of IC (in Character) and the thread becomes filled with spam, or worse is locked/deleted.

Make three dimensional characters: Not every one can be an enigmatic mystery, you need to develop history, personality, why are they doing what they are doing now, and what brought them to wherever your story begins? A good template for this (though your free to remove or add as much as you wish) is:

Name:
    Appearance: (A description OR a picture are welcomed)
    History: (What are some events that happened to him/her before the story began?)
    Personality: (is your character sincere, sarcastic, nice, mean?)
    Weapons and Abilities: (If your doing a fantasy style RP)
    Biography: (A little about the character's motivations)

Guidelines:
    An RP should have a good story, don't just make one up on the spur of the moment, gather 1 or 2 people and develop something GREAT over the course of a few days, It will make for a much better looking RP

Have fun, don't take the RP seriously, if someone insults your character(and they are in character) Do not think of them as an enemy outside of the RP, they may be simply following their character's personality.

A good RP post example would be this:
    Character 1: Walks into the room grinning. "So, you think you can sneak in here and be a hero? Don't make me laugh!"
    Character2: Stares unflinchingly at the man. "I told you, I will do what it takes to get my vengeance..."

Now, A BAD example is this:

Character 1:*appears magically* hello haha you suck who duz u tink u r *laughs*
    Character 2: shut up

2. Rosey Chaser

Role Playing Workshop

Rules~
    -Do NOT Flame or Bash anyone. I will not tolerate this, and I will ask you to stop. If you do not, I wil not hesitate to give you a warning. This thread is for CONTRUCTIVE Critque and complements ONLY.
    -Do not hesitate to post more then one work of your RPing.
    -If you are the person posting a sample of work- Do not get angry about the responses, if you post in here, you do accept the fact that you will get critqued on your work
    -If you are the person critqueing- Give examples on how to help, I dont want to see any of the "That suxz". Give some reason.
    -Have fun ^^ This is just to help this become a better section.

READY
    SET
    GO =D

3. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    Like this , is this creative you guys ?

4. Rosey Chaser

Phisoxa, your easily one of the best RPers here >_>

I like that part that you posted. It was very nicely posted, and I can deffinatly see the charactor doing that. It had a nice sense of emotion to it, as well as being descriptive. Very good :3

5. Love Kingdom Keeper

Thanx , I feel all better now . ;D

Are anymore Rpers willing to step up ? Or are they all too scared . :3

6. Chendler Merlin's Housekeeper

i am pretty good in RPing, but i don´t have posts like this. Mine are shorter

7. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

@Rosexy: Just a small correction: It's RP, not RPG! XD

8. Love Kingdom Keeper

Yeah , I do see that the Rpers seem to post shorter in text .

( Except for a few ^ ^ )

But look I do post short ones too .

9. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

When I post with other good RPers I can really get into the character.

10. Love Kingdom Keeper

Great job Gharath , very artistic and it flows nicely , with the story you are acting in. :3

11. Donaut Banned

Well, the most detail I've put in an rp post to date.

12. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    this is just ma intro post to Soush's new RP, this is the first RP i've done since Roxas-chan left, so I'm a bit rusty =D

13. Donaut Banned

Vivi, this is by far the most descriptive post for an rp I've ever seen. Very easy to read and not a single flaw I can find in the post. ^^

14. Jiηx You're such a loser.

i can find ones DW, i made a couple of spelling errors through haste that i'm too lazy to fix.

15. Donaut Banned

I think the reason I didn't see them was because the post was interesting at the same time as descriptive, which only a handful of people can ever do.

16. Rosey Chaser

I haven't RPed in 5 months. Dont hurt me ._.

17. Jiηx You're such a loser.

*hurts with a hug*

18. OrginizationXIII Traverse Town Homebody

Here's one, is it any good?

19. Donaut Banned

Well, since nobody bothered with my other one, hopefully somebody will with this one.

Prolouge

We know that we are looking at something because its polished surface shimmers with light. Pulling back, other squares are revealed; the black and white tiles of a chess board. The board rises and spins, slipping beneath us we find ourselves moving across the board, moving through a chess game.

The pieces are everywhere, checking and covering other pieces. It has reached that critical moment when pieces are traded and the board begins to clear as two strategies unravel towards a final outcome.

Standing above the pieces around him, we see the black king.

We move closer to his face, closer to his chiseled ebony features, closer until we are staring into his cold black eyes...

Intro

Roka walked into a tavern to see a bartender at the other end of the counter. He then greeted Roka. His clients were vile, cruel people, caring only for themselves and their wealth. He’s killed children in front of mothers, and wives in front of husbands. His soul has become black, stained with the blood of innocent people so that others could steal their wealth. The greedy smile that appeared on his clients face as he brought them an item proving the victims death, repulsed and disgusted him. He longed to kill them and defile their corpse, but it would ruin his reputation and he lived for death, and being paid for it was just an added bonus.
    “I need you to take of a little nuisance for me.†His client was a fat man. His teeth had wide gaps between them and there was gunk all over them. Every aspect of him repulsed people. “This family is very wealthy, and if they die quickly, and silently it will be easy for someone to sneak in and loot the house before anyone realizes they’re gone.â€
    “You’re a sickening man.â€
    “Just take the gold and do your job you sneak.â€

The house was beautiful. Large, granite bricks, strong, sturdy roof, and a garden so beautiful you had to turn around to realize it wasn’t just a dream. He snuck in through the window, using the moonlight as his guide. He was so used to being in the dark he was able to see very clearly and took some time to admire the house. It was full of silver, silver cups, silver plates, silver tables, and sliver relics.
    After he had seen enough he looked for the bedroom. He found them in a deep sleep. They were close together, hugging in for warmth in the cold winter night. Carefully, slowly, silently, he took his knives from their sheaths. He crept slowly to the bed. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. Each step his heart pounded harder, anxious for the kill. He could feel that familiar rush, the rush of enjoyment he felt before every kill. His hands shook in anticipation as he held them over the two victims. And then………
    STAB!
    His knives went straight through their hearts. They didn’t even get to open their eyes. He checked each carefully to make sure they were dead. It was point-less, no one had ever survived one stabbing from his knives.
    He started searching the bodies for something he could show his client as proof of the deed....

20. Twilight's Rose Banned

between Light and Dark's garden; Twilight Garden
    Organizaon XIII's Chain of Memories, this RPG is based after the events of KHII. The plot is that one day King Mickey managed to acces a secret room in the organization's castle and got it transferred to a CD. He then left to Ansem's Study and accesed the computer. He was tired and left, but, he left the computer ON. The computer some how managed to reach the Heartless Creator Machine and used it to bring the organization to the real world! But, they are just data of them. They then begun to remember the events that happened to them in the past. They then left and begun to destroy the town. Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku and Mickey were warned of this and desided to leave. They reached the organization, but, they left with no word. They were left with wonders. The characters are all the Organization XIII members, Sora, Riku and Mickey. Those who choose to be organization members will have to assist in the organization's missions. Those who choose to be the other characters will assist in their own missions. When a player battle is declared, the players will start to battle. It depends on the story on who will win and loose. Since the organizatiion members are only data versions, they do not really exist, they only are following their old goal, to have a heart to fully exist. The organization members players can control certain Heartless and Nobodys. Whiel the other players don't control nothing but themself.

So, what do you all think?

~Rose~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.