Birth by Sleep Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 15, 2007.

1. P Banned

Has it been confirmed that the big things Ven and Baldy were wacking each other with ARE keyblades?

They look more like the things that I have on top of my house to give me Sky television.

Really though, they don't look all that much like keyblades, they lack keychains, they shatter, they never do anything more than a lump of metal could do. it seems like they are rather un-keyblade-ish.

Opinions please!

EDIT: Kindly read a few pages back from the last post, as it is likely that the topic has altered slightly from the one here.

2. OneWingedHeartless Gummi Ship Junkie

I think they're keys
    There are several keyblades we saw in the secret movie
    I think there keys were made for them not just chosen
    I think Xehanort made that...

But i think they're keyblades
    They have the handle yes?

3. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

Uhh... Master Xehanort's blade DOES have a keychain but the others don't... and since when does a Keyblade NEED a keychain anyway?

4. Way_2_The_Dawn Traverse Town Homebody

PEOPLE, keep in mind that this is in the past. Maybe keychains weren't invented yet?

5. willi_211191 Twilight Town Denizen

yeah, maybe keychains arent needed?? maybe when there isnt a keychain, the heart gives the form and abilities? just a thought though

6. C This silence is mine

I am pretty sure they are keyblades

7. werkku6 Traverse Town Homebody

I believe that, Terras, Vens and Aquas swords are keyblades, but they are less powerfuller, than actual keyblades.

8. exile0025 Gummi Ship Junkie

i think they should be called bladekeys

9. Repliku Chaser

I have a little theory I'm working on so I'll just put some thoughts down and see if maybe anyone agrees and wants to work with me on it. It would express why there is only one Keyblade that has a Keychain on it which is Master Xehanort's.

He probably was intentionally the Keyblade 'master' and perhaps there were many Keyblades made for others, but they were not Key chained themselves and in that battle, those Keyblades destroyed. Maybe the Keyblades themselves were somehow altered to Key chain states as Way to the Dawn (whatever it's former name was) lost its Keyblade power and became Soul Eater.

The name 'Chasers' does seem to suggest that the Chasers may have made the Keyblades...or perhaps they were the inventors of the Key chains later, which would boost the Kingdom Key to fight against Master Xehanort.

If that isn't it, perhaps the key chains were made by connections to the other worlds to keep them as a safety thing, similar to how the Princesses of Heart are all connected to their worlds they come from. So the memories of the Keyblades themselves would go on and the key chains would show up when one of the Keybladers did something that would get them to react and show up.

That's what I have to work with now. Not sure any of it is at all accurate but that's what theories are...just educated guesses.

10. Luka Deafening silence

i guess its obvious cause they're all mentioned as keyblade war
    also there are tons of keyblades everywere

11. P Banned

True, and I know Baldy has a keychain, but none of the things in the graveyard do have them, and the only time you see a Weapon of Ven, Aqua or Terra do anything magical (E.G. become a ball of darkness and launch itself at Kingdom hearts) is when Aqua uses reflectaga.

Rather pitiful, right? They smash, look unlike keyblades, and from what we have seen, can be used to send magic through. All in all, the chasers would be just at well off wacking each other with one of donalds staves.

12. true darkness Twilight Town Denizen

maybe they smashed becasue ven, terra and aqua's hearts weren't strong anough and maybe the keyblades alter also because their wielder's hearts weren't strong enough, get what i mean?

13. P Banned

Perhaps, but I think that the Keychains had more to do with it.

I really cannot see Ven, Aqua and Terra having weak hearts.

14. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    Prerequisites for a keyblade:

1) A key-shaped weapon
    2) As ability to open or close any lock or door

Known info about keyblades:

1) Putting on a new keychain gives it a new appearance and abilities
    2) It has the ability to channel magic for its weilder

Known about Terra, Aqua, and Ven's Weapons:

1) A key-shaped weapon
    2) Has ability to channel magic for its weilder

We have not yet seen a keychain put onto their weapons or have the users tried to open or close anything with their weapons yet, so its still unsure. But it has never been specified that a keyblade actually needs a keychain - just that the keychain alters its appearance and abilities.

15. TheFerg Destiny Islands Resident

That channeling magic thing doesn't matter. Remember, Sora could use magic when Riku took his keyblade in KH1.

16. Sharkleg Merlin's Housekeeper

That was my thoughts exactly. Maybe after the battle, the keyblade was at to much risk so they locked it in the form of a key chain. Also has anybody noticed that in COM:, riku did not have a guard on his Keyblade, but in KH2, he did?? Thats just strange.

17. AsianB Merlin's Housekeeper

I put this in my theory thread

They are keyblades but are artificially made by "people". Only ones that have a strong heart/awaken their power can wield a true keyblade. Terra, Ven and Aqua are obviously rookie keybladers who learn from "keyblade master" (who I think their master is King Mickey)

Why do we have keychains on keys?
    Obviously we think that keychain is an identification that symbolises the key we like to used, for example, I have an ichigo keychain connected to my house keys because I like the anime Bleach.

So what is in a keychain?
    In "Kingdom Hearts term": A keychain is a product produces from one's memories and heart. Depending on their memories/heart, their form/shape will change thus power will change.

Hope its not too hard to understand

18. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

I'm pretty sure that that is just a given that those are keyblades, since the main weapon that links to kingdom hearts and the ulitmate source of power is the keyblade. So I think it is just implied that those are keyblades.

19. P Banned

So what makes these weapons different? They do not have any of the qualities that a keyblade needs. A Key shape. That is the only relation, and then it is only a small one.

I think they are proto type keyblades. No chains.

OR!

They could be training weapons people use before keyblades. A bit strange to fight Baldy with them, but perhaps there were regulations because of the legend of the keyblades. They could save or destroy the world. Maybe Keyblade wielders could be prevented from using their blades until they did something. A test maybe. This could be what that fight with Baldy was about. A trial by fire test.

20. AntiWeapon Chaser

Id like the point out that both Terra and Aquas (Not sure about Ven) keyblades both actully have the little ring for a keychain to be put into it. Maybe they just don't choose to use them. Or just don't have any yet. O-o;