Birth by Sleep Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Thank you. Im tired of this discussion. They are the original keyblades. Thats it.

2. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Are you completely sure of that?

3. What? 『 music is freedom 』

4. libregkd -

5. What? 『 music is freedom 』

6. Noise For Love and Justice

i dont think its Kingdom hearts without Keyblades

7. P Banned

But what does that mean? We know that they are the original keyblades, but we wish to dig deeper. Why were the originals keychainless? What effect does it have on them? The answer "They are the original keyblades" does not quite cut it here, because it does not explain why they are keychainless. I also want to know, what does this relation to the spirit have to do with anything? Why can the lingering spirit's keyblade shapeshift, but it could not in the preview? Why can the chaserblades shatter? Why does MX have a chained blade? Why does Mickey have a chained blade?

These are the sort of questions I wish to attempt to answer here. We are using the Original Keyblade notion as an axiom. It is not the answer.

Anyway, Libredkd, Where is this picture of the hole? It sounds interesting.

8. libregkd -

9. Repliku Chaser

Why did you bother posting that and not just leave the thread alone? That really didn't contribute anything to the discussion and if people want to debate, let them. The answer will come out when the game is out but meanwhile it's a topic for discussion for some people to enjoy. Some people like to theorize and figure out things if they can about the game prior to its release.

10. AsianB Merlin's Housekeeper

I built this on from my "unbirth" theory.

I reckon they are keyblades, but more of a weapon rather than an actual keyblade that can unlock hearts and doors. A keyblade have two seperate components: Blade and Chain.

From my "unbirth" theory, keybladers are train spiritually to feel their hearts in order to evoke the power of a keyblade. The heart is a mechanism that holds our memories, thus, we can assume that the power of a keyblade originate from memories. However, there must be some form of device to pass our memories onto the keyblade.

Therefore, key"chains" becomes a device that connects/chains our heart with the keyblade and which it acts as a passage for our memories to transport into a keyblade. From this definintion, we can conclude a keyblade is not only a weapon, but it is a physical entity that depicts the heart and memories of a being hence we realise the keyblade changes its appearance as a new keychain is attached to it. Therefore, VAT requires that yellow armor thing on their shoulder to transport their memories and summon the keyblade hence it looks like it is digitally summoned.

11. P Banned

Okay, I have another question for everyone. It is based on your opinion, and interpretation.

Straight from Xaldin. Now I want to know something. Where it says they are taught to be more about the spirit, does this mean that they are only taught to be? Is it just a change in perception, or a change in the actual Keyblade? Where it says "Taught" could that mean it "Is" more about the spirit than the heart, or only that it was taught?

Oh, and Asian, just let me clear this up. You say the massive armour is used to do the same job the keychain does later, right? That could work, although how that is soulful, I am unsure.

12. Scott Pilgrim Banned

There are Keyblades. End of story. They are the original Keyblades. Thats why there are no Keyblades. Someone please close this.

13. P Banned

Oh for the love of kingdom hearts...

Fine, go ahead. Close it. But first, I want answers.

How are they related to the soul?

Why do they now have Keychains, but they didn't before?

What use to the keychains have?

Why do the bad guys and Mickey have the chained ones?

What are all the 'dead keyblades'?

Why are they able to break?

Why were they able to be manipulated by the ES, but not in the secret ending?

What is that hole on Terra's blade?

Why do the originals differ from the current ones?

Who made them?

Who made the newer ones?

If you answer all those sufficiently, then I will be more than happy to agree to a closure. Otherwise, leave me and others to discuss this matter in peace, because your one line 'answer' is an axiom, not an answer to the thread!

14. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Not sure.

Not sure.

They change the appearance and power of the keyblade.

What do you mean.

They are for the next users of the Keyblade or for the previous ones.

Note that it was frozen before it broke.

Huh?

For a keychain.

They don't have keychainsin the beginning. Kingdom Key as as basic as it got and now we have ones with no keychains.

Not sure. Possibly Master Xehanort, an older master, or even they made themselves.

Same answer.

15. P Banned

Why? How? Why should they be needed?

Why does Master Xehanort, his apprentice and Mickey Mouse have the keyblades with keychains, while the others have the chainless ones?

They look decrepit, so I doubt they are for the new ones. And are you really suggesting that there were that many keyblade wielders? In that case, why haven't we heard more about them?

Sora got his keyblade frozen by Vexen, and I really don't think that a simple freeze is enough to make the blade shatter. We have never seen one break before, so I am going to treat it as a new experience. I do not think it can be brushed off by saying it was frozen. That may have contributed, but I do not think that it would have done it on its own.

In the fight against the Enigmatic soldier at Sunset Horizons, you see him shape his keyblade into all sorts of things. Why was this never done in the secret ending when they all fought Master Xehanort, and why has it never been seen in the Newer version of the keyblade?

The creators of the keyblades thought to just put a hole there? Perhaps the use of chains was intended from the begining.

I mean to what purpose? Why would anyone differ it? What advantages gained?

All I bolded emphasizes the point that this discussion is not over yet, for there is no answer. I want an answer. Thus, this thread exists, and should carry on doing so.

All of these are questions I consider. I wish to hear other people's opinions, and as they are reading this, I assume they want to hear mine. There is no reason for lockage.

16. Scott Pilgrim Banned

I give up. If you want answers get them from someone else. Some of those questions should be obvious like why do some characters have key chains.

17. P Banned

Ironically, that is what I was trying to do.

But seriously, why does Sora have a keychain, while Ven doesn't? The reasons could range from the chaserblades being too strong, or them being too weak. Perhaps they needed something that could combat the dark keyblade of Master Xehanort. Suddenly it becomes far less obvious.

18. What? 『 music is freedom 』

-One theory is that the reason these keyblades look different is because they are related to the soul. Of course, I don't believe anyone has a straight answer to this question, but I'm sure the closest, in my opinion, is that the soul or spirit is interconnected with the keyblade. We talked about this a few pages ago.

-It could also be the fact that they are proto-keyblades, and did not use chains yet. Or perhaps a new prototype of keyblade that they were thinking of using widely in the future(which of course, would not have worked).

-I believe the use of the keychains is to change to other "styles" of keyblades, as you can see in KH, CoM, and KHII. This has most of us come to believe that you can only stay with the keyblade that you see them wielding in the trailers. Take into note none of TAV's keyblades have chains, yet Mickey's does. I would also like to say that the keychains are items that hold memories of the past, an example being Sora's amount of keychains at his disposal, all received from visiting the worlds. It may mean that TAV's memories have been erased.

-It is possible that these keyblade are connected to the heart, while TAV's are connected to the spirit. That is a plausible theory.

-The most plausible answer to this question is that these "Dead Keyblades" are the old keyblades of dead Keyblade Masters who have either succumb to Darkness, (Heartless), lost their heart (Nobody), or for the "Spirit" Keyblades, lost their soul (Unbirth?).

-The blade was only able to break while frozen.

-I'm sorry, but, mind reminding me on who this "ES" is?

-The hole could be for a number of purposes. Most of the people here think it is purely for show and has nothing to do with the power of the keyblade.

-I have a few theories on why the originals differ from the current ones:
    1. SPIRIT KEYBLADE =/= HEART KEYBLADE
    One of the reasons may be because TAV's keyblades are based on the soul, and not the heart, unlike most of the other Keyblade wielders (such as Sora, Riku, Kairi, King Mickey, etc.) Therefore, the design is different.

2. PROTO-KEYBLADE
    This is the less possible one, seeing as Mickey has a "current" keyblade. I will still state it here anyhow.
    Another reason for the difference in keyblade design is that TAV's keyblades could be "Proto-" keyblades. Either a plan for a new type of keyblade or the precursor to the keyblades we all know today.

-This was never stated in the game. I don't even know if Nomura knows this one yet either.

-See above.

There are some answers.

Personally, I think that it is either the design of the Spirit keyblade, instead focusing on the Spirit and not the Heart, or the fact that Ven may have no recollection of his past. Keychains hold memories, and TAV's keyblades do not have them.

19. Repliku Chaser

Roxas 13, chill out and leave this thread if you hate it so much. You aren't the creator of the thread and I have already asked before nicely for you to leave the thread alone. It is not being closed because you are sick of the topic. The creator wants it open and it isn't spam whether you think the point is lame or not.

20. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Calm down man. Not everybody knows the same things you do.