Birth by Sleep Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Enigmatic Boy Twilight Town Denizen

Maybe these "keyblades" are like that artificial keyblade Riku used in Kh1....just a thought..

2. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

maybe only a true master had a keychain on their keyblades?

3. the muffin man Banned

Well,they looked like keylades to me since they used elemental magic and stuff.I think that the 3 chasers DO have keyblades.The only one i'm not sure about is baldy...I mean he and that weird heartless-like thingy he makes are supposed to have keyblades.But that wouldn't really be nice.I mean they wouldn't make a bad guy that has the ability to create keyblade-wielding heartless!!!He would be unbeatable!!!The only theory i have about the bad guys is that they have their own type of keyblades,since baldys and baldy's heartless have a strange emblem at their keyblades ,if you look closely...Besides,the legend about the keyblade was that a keyblade-wielding hero saved the world,whereas another brought chaos upon it...

4. Luka Deafening silence

like i said it wouldnt make any sence since there are so much keyblades in the battlefield that it'd seam really odd if they didn't have any D:

5. P Banned

Yet none of these blades have chains, so perhaps they are failed blades?

Wait, I have a new idea about keyblades, once their master gets killed/turned into a heartless, the keychains crumble and the blades become dead.

As for Ven and co.'s weapons, I have honestly no idea.

6. AntiWeapon Chaser

I like your second theory, It would explain why Sora Mickey and Rikus keyblades are all there in bad condition, if they get a new master they probebly get restored.

7. P Banned

Eh, BBS is beforehand though...

8. AsianB Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't agree on the failed blades part, but I like how when their master turns into heartless, the keychains crumble and the blades become dead. But really if thats true then how come Sora/Riku's blade didn't go like that...

9. KATACHI IS KING!! Hollow Bastion Committee

in your kitchen, eating all of your food XP
    ya i beleve that thos r keyblades. they have da handle and they do have powers.

10. Kairi9020 Traverse Town Homebody

In a house, in a country, on a world. Where else?
    Maybe somebody created them, or their some old types of keyblades.

11. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

I think people are placing too much emphasis on the lack of keychains here...

And as far as breaking goes, when metal gets frozen it gets REALLY brittle, so that doesn't mean anything... Have we ever seen anyone try to freeze a Keyblade elsewhere? No... and there's no way that was a normal Ice spell anyway...

12. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

i like this theory anyway..
    but how bout terra and ven and aqua? they dont have keychain on their keyblade

13. AsianB Merlin's Housekeeper

Thxs, I think I already mention something about their keyblades in my theory thread. Basically, they can't wield true keyblades so they need to use that mechanical arm to summon an artifical keyblade.

14. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

o.o.. u mean their keyblade has something to do with the mechanical arm? it make sense too ^^'
    or maybe they are not the true keyblade master, so they dont have keychain?

15. Luka Deafening silence

wow yeah that makes sence : D

16. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal + Cold Temperature + Force of Gravity + Cliff = Shattered.

What do you think about the keyblades? You take the keychain off and it disappears? It loses its power?

Think about it this way: The normal Kingdom Key in KH1 has 3 ATK and magic (I think, feel free to correct me...doesn't really matter) and has the ability Defender. If we took off the Kingdom Key keychain, now it has 0 ATK and magic, and has no special abilities. But its still a keyblade, wouldn't you say?

17. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

Personally, I think that keychains are just 'masks' of sorts for keyblades, but yeah, it's pretty stupid to say that Keyblades are made by the keychains they have...

18. P Banned

Summon? Have we actually seen a new-blade been summoned? This is what I mean by them being hunks of metal. They do nothing.

Also I am certain that the Keychains amount to something. The blades they have do not look true. They lack colour, like the rest of them in the battlefield. Only the bad guys have colourful keyblades. Sure it is black, but it looks powerful, like starseeker, not like a rusty pole I can find in the street.

TO ABOVE POSTERS:
    I just had a whole new idea, you say what would a keyblade be without the chain? I say absolutely nothing. The keychain is the keyblade. A keyblade is a focus of the heart, and the heart is made up of memories, the keychain is the memories, or current state of the heart.

The kingdom key is the state of Sora's heart. It went to him originally, and took the form of kingdom Key. This form seems to be the preferred form for Sora, although it changes sometime.

That may be confusing, but it would explain the graveyard as a place of where the failed experiments of xehanort went, until he realized it was the keychain, not the blade that mattered.

Yeah... Everyone thinks I am crazy, right?

Just consider the chain as something that is not just a "Mask".

19. AntiWeapon Chaser

Uhh the kingdom key was ment to be for Riku.. >.> So technicaly it would of been made best for Riku.

20. P Banned

Hmm. Riku. Well this has been bugging me for ages, so I need to know...

Where is the source that Riku was meant to have it?